• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Signs an INTP *Likes* You

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
INTPs can be downright elusive creatures... What are the signs that an INTP likes you as *more than a friend*? So far, mine:
1) Throws "stones" at me - teases and banters mercilessly.
2) We seem to go into our own little world of conversation when together - to the exclusion of others who sit there and go what the h*ll are they talking about??!
3) Grins and makes fleeting eye contact before bashfully looking away...
4) Has majorly intense moments with me and then withdraws according to how extreme the intensity was - lol - I am beginning to think it's directly proportional.
5) Is EXTREMELY articulate, until she tries to talk about her feelings for me and then turns into a bumbling, muttering mess - usually followed by fleeing the scene.

So, thoughts?!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg how cute is that!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she likes you dude.

EDIT. But if she ever finds out you've been posting random stuff about her on a public forum, that might change....

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTPs can be downright elusive creatures... What are the signs that an INTP likes you as *more than a friend*? So far, mine:
1) Throws "stones" at me - teases and banters mercilessly.
Yes.
2) We seem to go into our own little world of conversation when together - to the exclusion of others who sit there and go what the h*ll are they talking about??!
Absolutely. I love imagination extrapolation and games.
3) Smiles a alot, and makes fleeting eye contact before looking away.
Hmm, not so sure about this one. I might tend to avoid contact and be physically shy until I can be sure there is genuine romantic interest on the other end, which unless you have come out and told me so, I won't notice.
4) Has majorly intense moments with me and then withdraws according to how extreme the intensity was - lol - I am beginning to think it's directly proportional.
I can see this.
5) Is EXTREMELY articulate, until she tries to talk about her feelings for me and then turns into a bumbling, muttering mess - usually followed by fleeing the scene.

So, thoughts?!

Yes! Don't ask me about my feelings please. I rarely pay attention to them, I may express them incorrectly if I do at all, and to be honest there are much better things to talk about.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ummm, here are a few of mine. I'm not sure they go for other INTPs, but it's worth a shot:

1) Fluctuating between ignoring the person and then making fun of them.
2) Giggling excessively, or clamming up completely in their presence.
3) Refusing to look at them in the eye. I'm hopelessly timid under this circumstances.
4) Actually initiating contact for no apparent reason.
5) Flirting with everyone in the room, except the person I like. Again, I'm hopelessly timid.
6) Purposely disagreeing with everything they say, just to get a reaction.
7) Not touching them at all, or making any excuse to touch them (I usually overdo this out of excitement).
8) Find an area they are most likely to go, then when in sight, frantically leave the area with a jittery excitement. Repeat this until bored, or mustering the courage to go up to them.
9) Pelt the unfortunate individual with Ne-powered jokes, hoping to entice them with my warped sense of humour.
10) Make any excuse to be tactile, ranging from simply sitting up close, or a quick tap on the small of their back.

Reading the OP and my post, I wonder how it is I'm in a relationship. Most of these things would drive people away. :blink: The OP rings very true, though.

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
Do you really have to ask?

I don't talk much, if I'm talking to the person it means I at least like them more than the average person, and after that I doubt it's too much different from other people, just a lot more subdued.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it sounds encouraging. We can try really hard to come off ambiguous and non-invested, so if you're getting anywhere, that's good.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Grungemouse, you have hit the nail on the head! ROFL! Check check check check check... ;) Thank you!!! INTPs seem to hold their cards close... It's almost like the little kid in elementary school who pulls your hair when they like you...

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
She likes you mate!

Top sign is probably that she shows you her gigantic Ti world. Because then she either considers you one of her best friends or likes you!

Oh trying to argue with you as well!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In addition to all this, the chick is regularly sleeping with you....

ENFPs are pretty stooopid.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^haha...THANKS BLUE!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^haha...THANKS BLUE!

;) You know what I mean tho. All the second-guessing you guys do. Does my noggin in.

You can find 3000 ways to ask the same question. And get the same answer. And STILL not be convinced. :doh:

V

violaine

INTP can be the kings/queens of mixed messages... I used to wonder if my INTP ex really did like me while we were dating! (lol, he did).

Then I decided to stop worrying - if they are with you, they like you. NFs do second guess to a ridiculous degree! :doh:

Ok, so another way you know an INTP likes you is if they call you, answer the phone when you call or return calls right away (not two weeks later or never.) The INTP I knew hated the phone, but he never missed a call.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I won't trust that an INTP likes me based on any of these 'signs' for the rest of my life. Until one actually says 'I like you as more than a friend', I'm going to write it off as merely how they display friendship. Starting relationships with this type is enough to make one old and grey.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I won't trust that an INTP likes me based on any of these 'signs' for the rest of my life. Until one actually says 'I like you as more than a friend', I'm going to write it off as merely how they display friendship. Starting relationships with this type is enough to make one old and grey.

I like you.
As more than a friend.

sanveane said:
INTP can be the kings/queens of mixed messages...

I like you too.
How comes you never call me?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like you.
As more than a friend.

I like you too.
How comes you never call me?

Oh Blue... don't toy with my emotions! *faint*

(Did I forget to mention how INTP's have a surreal mixture of cynicism and sarcasm at their beck and call?)