• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?

R

Riva

well we all know that INTPs are walking encyclopedias. but i have noticed that INTP females are less like the INTP males when it comes to knowledge. well i know a couple of INTP females, and i know that they read a lot but they don't have that INSTANT recollection ability the INTP males have. (they are SMART mind you)

you talk about anything the INTPs knows more about it than you know. atleast logical part of it. but the INTP females doesn't seem to have it.

or maybe they do have it but doesn't have the instant recollection ability or not willing to contribute?

off topic.

and INTP females have a self-absorbed look. i actually like this.:blush:

and yes i know i missed 'as' when i wrote - INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs? it should be 'as encyclopediastic'

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not encyclopediastic, to be honest.

Sure, I know things, who doesn't. But I don't go around trying to learn entire encyclopedia's and stuff. I rather focus on the more important stuff. Like how things (philosophies/concepts that are hard to understand.) work. Rather then what everything supposedly is named.

If there is something I think I need to know. Then I'll go learn that or look it up. But I don't go learn conventional boring stuff I see no practical use in, just for the sake of knowing it.

What I am capable off however is being introduced to a new concept or material, and be able to understand and involve myself in it in no time at all at a decent enough level. (Ne-Ti)

R

Riva

I'm not encyclopediastic, to be honest.

Sure, I know things, who doesn't. But I don't go around trying to learn entire encyclopedia's and stuff. I rather focus on the more important stuff. Like how things (philosophies/concepts that are hard to understand.) work. Rather then what everything supposedly is named.

If there is something I think I need to know. Then I'll go learn that or look it up. But I don't go learn conventional boring stuff I see no practical use in, just for the sake of knowing it.

yes what is important to my INTP friends are important to me too i have noticed.

and i know that you guys don't try to learn everything, but INTPs are quite curious and they end up 10 steps ahead of others anyway.

so considering that INTPs are like walking knowledge banks.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
encylcopediastic!
great word! thats me all over!
random knowledge!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh:

Maybe they do the same thing.
They just interrelate differently with people at most, due to gender differences.

Isolated introverted males tend to feel more socially awkward and rely far more on "what they know" to win approval and make themselves acceptable to people... typical guy move. ("Look at what I can do.") Introverted women tend to engage a bit differently or look for validation on some other levels too, rather than just relying on that one thing

It has nothing to do with who knows the most... or who can recall the most (i.e., brain function).

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

They just interrelate differently with people at most, due to gender differences.

Isolated introverted males tend to feel more socially awkward and rely far more on "what they know" to win approval and make themselves acceptable to people... typical guy move. ("Look at what I can do.") Introverted women tend to engage a bit differently or look for validation on some other levels too, rather than just relying on that one thing

It has nothing to do with who knows the most... or who can recall the most (i.e., brain function).

Oh really...???

Look what I can do! *dislocates thumb*

R

Riva

yes i agree with this.

or maybe they do have it but doesn't have the instant recollection ability or not willing to contribute?

how do they look for validation?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh really...???
Look what I can do! *dislocates thumb*

*swoons*

ravana said:
how do they look for validation?

Do some research on basic differences in female/male communication and social interaction and you'll get an idea. (it's too extensive for me to have the time to write a whole piece on it.)

R

Riva

Do some research on basic differences in female/male communication and social interaction and you'll get an idea. (it's too extensive for me to have the time to write a whole piece on it.)

yeah it doesn't say INTP females specifically does it?
unless it's socionics.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's thinking out loud..

Basicly, testosseron! I think that might be the biggest influence in potential differences regarding this subject.

R

Riva

I think he's thinking out loud..

Basicly, testosseron! I think that might be the biggest influence in potential differences regarding this subject.

i highly doubt that. INTPs are not the testosterone show-offs are they?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when you said research i thought you were telling me to read more about MBTI. that's what....

No, you should be reading about general male/female differences in socializing -- a pretty broad topic but about which a lot has been published. (sorry if I sound short, I'm in "get things done" mode.)

R

Riva

No, you should be reading about general male/female differences in socializing -- a pretty broad topic but about which a lot has been published. (sorry if I sound short, I'm in "get things done" mode.)

hey i have legs. if i see a girl i go and talk(if she is cute).:D

i don't come home go to the internet and read about female male differences.:)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i highly doubt that. INTPs are not the testosterone show-offs are they?

Ehh, I don't think testosterone levels are different for personality types. My levels can go quite high. Much to my dismay most of the time.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey i have legs. if i see a girl i go and talk(if she is cute).:D i don't come home go to the internet and read about female male differences.:)

So you're asking this question on an Internet forum why...?
(Instead of being out talking to cute girls?)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're asking this question on an Internet forum why...?
(Instead of being out talking to cute girls?)

Pst, testosterone...

Anyhow, I'm in a mellowy mood, since I just finished up work for today. Leave y'all to it, ciao. :)