• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP women aren't really interested in impressing you. They'll only share what they know or think if you impress them ( or pay them!). And that's pretty hard to do.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP women aren't really interested in impressing you. They'll only share what they know or think if you impress them ( or pay them!). And that's pretty hard to do.

:yes: Actually, the last time I did this was at a conference dinner when I was sitting next to one of the local gurus in our field. I also may or may not have been a tad drunk at the time.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

I couldn't think of a non-offensive way to say this, glad you did!

R

Riva

i really didn't know that they contribute to gain social acceptance. my 2 best friends are INTPs. they always contribute their ideas(ALWAYS) once you get to know them. but they don't give a damm about social acceptance.

if they think you genuinely need to learn something, they always always help you. they don't jump in the middle of a conversation and correct you. but if they hear you say something which isn't true they correct you in a very polite manner.

but anyway you can't say they do that to gain social acceptance could you? if they do that to gain social acceptance they would do that BEFORE you get to know them well, not after???? before you get to know them the only thing they say is good morning etc.

ps - the only thing they don't know is sports. but they know the history of most sports. they don't follow the game.

you are a rude, heartless person. but i like you sister.

I couldn't think of a non-offensive way to say this, glad you did!

i still don't like you though. i know it's mutual. but hey you are a dude.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i really didn't know that they contribute to gain social acceptance. my 2 best friends are INTPs. they always contribute their ideas(ALWAYS) once you get to know them. but they don't give a damm about social acceptance.

if they think you genuinely need to learn something, they always always help you. they don't jump in the middle of a conversation and correct you. but if they hear you say something which isn't true they correct you in a very polite manner.

That's more what I was like when I was younger. I did want to be liked and not rejected (loneliness is a pretty hard thing to deal with)... but I was constantly in a bind because if I was open with my ideas and experiences, some people took it as personal repudiation and then conflict would result. And I do not like conflict at all, it breaks my equanimity. I can have drag out fights over ideas as long as I don't sense personal judgment/offense being taken; but as soon as it becomes personal, I want to bail. Conflicts of ideas should not become personal, the ideas should be compared and the winning meme survive; when it gets personal, that means someone is not letting the ideas speak for themselves, they're too attached to the idea regardless of its coherence or survivability.

At this point I've already done a lot of what I wanted to do in life, and I've gotten a better sense of self, so I have had less need to approach things the same way as I used to. Sometimes i can make small talk, sometimes I can do sentimental stuff, I can do "family" stuff, I can find some enjoyment in lots of other "types" approaches that I could not enjoy when younger because it was encroaching on me and trying to invalidate me and my thoughts.

As far as sports go: I like knowing the rules or the Big Picture, so I know how to understand what's going on and what the strategies are and how to maximize returns. I can also admire excellence in sports competition when I see it. But I don't follow any actual games, nor have "teams" I push for, or.... really care about the actual playing of sports. I honestly don't understand guys (or women, for that matter) who really get into this sports stuff and follow players and teams and get excited when they win and get mad when they lose and fight with other fans over it -- it's like living vicariously through someone else's achievements.