• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] why doesn't ENTPs express their anger?

R

Riva

Se and Te are what makes you go booooooom right?

well i am not very thorough when it comes to functions. but i know and have noticed that people who do express anger in a ranting, shouting sort of way all have Se or Te. atleast they take it seriously enough to bring the issues at hand straight to the conversation. and they express it. no fooling around...

Se, Te

if they get annoyed,
get straight to the point and bring out their big GUNS. and shoot you till you die.:angry:

but ENTPs and INTPs do not have Se or Te. and i think we are the only types who doesn't have either of those two functions.

most of the time when people piss me off i do not show it(this does not include my family member and my closest friends).

for example - if they point one of my mistakes over and over again to get me on my nerves.

i just consider what they just said and tell them exactly the opposite of what they want to hear.

how do i do that???

i justify my actions. i say look here 'what i did was the right thing to do. it was the smartest thing to do and if you were as smart as i am you should be just like me'.

this actually creates the exact reaction that they wanted me to make. makes them go boom.

and they stop getting on my nerves too. i am not the only one. i have noticed other ENTPs doing this all the time.

anyway my question are-

(1)doesn't Fe make me shout? (because there are times mind you that i go Booom too)
(2)am i right about Se and Te?
(3)is it the absence if Se or Te that makes me put the anger back at the other person?

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know, (and, hence, I'm virtually useless in this thread) but if it's any consolation, that is one of the reasons I love you guys.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
(1)doesn't Fe make me shout? (because there are times mind you that i go Booom too)
Didn't you just answer your own question? TiNe prevents Fe from shouting b/c in the long run this leads to no good. But there are times where Fe will overwhelm the TiNe and burst.

I thought more of Fe & Se.

(3)is it the absence if Se or Te that makes me put the anger back at the other person?
No, you were annoyed. You have to have some sort of outlet. If you are not gonna scream at them, might as well annoy them.

R

Riva

Didn't you just answer your own question? TiNe prevents Fe from shouting b/c in the long run this leads to no good. But there are times where Fe will overwhelm the TiNe and burst.

i didn't know the bolded part. i thought it was just Ti that sees shouting is irrelevant.

I thought more of Fe & Se.

so Te is too unemotional to get pissed?

No, you were annoyed. You have to have some sort of outlet. If you are not gonna scream at them, might as well annoy them.

well yes. the absence of Se Te prevented me from shouting. since i have to express my annoyance in some sort of way, i annoyed the other person in return.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

well i am not very thorough when it comes to functions. but i know and have noticed that people who do express anger in a ranting, shouting sort of way all have Se or Te. atleast they take it seriously enough to bring the issues at hand straight to the conversation. and they express it. no fooling around...

Se, Te

if they get annoyed,
get straight to the point and bring out their big GUNS. and shoot you till you die.:angry:

but ENTPs and INTPs do not have Se or Te. and i think we are the only types who doesn't have either of those two functions.

most of the time when people piss me off i do not show it(this does not include my family member and my closest friends).

for example - if they point one of my mistakes over and over again to get me on my nerves.

i just consider what they just said and tell them exactly the opposite of what they want to hear.

how do i do that???

i justify my actions. i say look here 'what i did was the right thing to do. it was the smartest thing to do and if you were as smart as i am you should be just like me'.

this actually creates the exact reaction that they wanted me to make. makes them go boom.

and they stop getting on my nerves too. i am not the only one. i have noticed other ENTPs doing this all the time.

anyway my question are-

All types express all functions in a huge number of varying capacities, strengths, forms and faces. You can't really discern with any degree of reliability which functions are responsible for which behavior in others.

Fe could make you shout. So could Te. So could Se. So could Ne+Ti, or Fi+Ni+Te+Si, or...infinitely many other combinations, and since these are internalized processes, nobody but the person in question can really directly observe which is taking the wheel at any given time.

And yes, ENTPs have Te and Se, just like everybody else. Different life conditions cause different functions to be developed in varying strengths and used in varying frequencies--again, the only person who can discern your most natural functions is you.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
iNtuition will play a role, since they will think for the future rather than the "now" which has more to do with Sensing.

Take TeNi.
our NTJ cousins, its what it gets paired with.
Regardless, Fe players a stronger role than Te.

Well you can phrase it that way, but its more accurate to say it was iNtuiton and Thinking is at work.
b/c ESTP can pull the samething you did. and they have Se as primary.

R

Riva

iNtuition will play a role, since they will think for the future rather than the "now" which has more to do with Sensing.

Take TeNi.
our NTJ cousins, its what it gets paired with.
Regardless, Fe players a stronger role than Te.

Well you can phrase it that way, but its more accurate to say it was iNtuiton and Thinking is at work.
b/c ESTP can pull the samething you did. and they have Se as primary.

if they really do get mad, they don't fool around LIKE I DO. they'll throw it in your face. man, never get a ESTP to get mad. for them there is no time, no place, no consequences considered. bang it on your face.....

but they are a cool bunch. i don't deny that. and they can tease people too. but not when they are provoked.that's my 2 cents for you.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because anger is a pointless emotion. It achieves nothing.

Even when upset I'm rarely in the moment, my N is working out how best to achieve the results I want, losing control of my emotions is not an effective way of doing that.

It's a combination of Ne/Ti/Fe imo, and in that order.

R

Riva

Because anger is a pointless emotion. It achieves nothing.

Even when upset I'm rarely in the moment, my N is working out how best to achieve the results I want, losing control of my emotions is not an effective way of doing that.

It's a combination of Ne/Ti/Fe imo, and in that order.

agreeeed.

i guess that's the Ti thinking it's useless and the Ne which thinks how to get the answer you want?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Se and Te means Fi too. Feel the fury.

Fe? Feel the love. And the bitch-slap that brings you back into the love. Y'all are freaks and you're stuck with the people around you. That's the advantage of Fi: it's all about me, me, me.

(Every F is about me, me, me, but Fi has the advantage of focus.)

12846963604226533677.jpeg

It's all about the love.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, anger is a waste of time.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you truly believe that anger gets you nowhere, then why ilicit it from others? Why aggrevate them and annoy them in return? That hardly benefits the communication and gets you nowhere, just like if you were to have gotten angry.

R

Riva

If you truly believe that anger gets you nowhere, then why inlicit it from others? Why aggrevate them and annoy them in return? That hardly benefits the communication and gets you nowhere, just like if you were to have gotten angry.

true true. but you can't think all that when you are mad could you?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I can. That's how I deal with someone who gets annoyed at me, as long as it is within limits. I try to ease the tension so we can get passed that awkward moment and get along. If unsuccesful, I leave the person be and try again later.

Why would you want to aggrevate them more? And I'm not trying to be self righteous here, I'm really curious.

R

Riva

Why would you want to aggrevate them more? And I'm not trying to be self righteous here, I'm really curious.

i don't want to make things worst. i rarely do. i just turn the table around so that i could prevent things from getting worst. i always diffuse things. well the way i diffuse it and the way you diffuse things could be different. but we both get the same end result.

you just tolerate things a bit more. i just turn things around.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Actually, I can. That's how I deal with someone who gets annoyed at me, as long as it is within limits. I try to ease the tension so we can get passed that awkward moment and get along. If unsuccesful, I leave the person be and try again later.

so i win the fight without ever raising my fists.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I express my anger, just not by shouting and losing my cool. I lay it out calmly and plainly, with the goal of working it out. But make no mistake, I need to cool off first before I can talk. Especially, if someone is yelling and being emotional and unrestrained. If I try and speak, and I get spoken over, cut off or ridiculed, it can blow up very very quickly if I'm not allowed to walk away and calm down first. If I tell you I need a minute to breathe and I walk into another room to calm down and think, enter that room at your own risk.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

Se, Te

if they get annoyed,

how do i do that???

anyway my question are-

See the thing is i had anger issues as a child and i'm definatly NTP so i have to disagree.
Then again recently i just let out my anger like a tap on and off when its useful to get people to fuck off.