• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience? Other types chime in as well. Keep it clean and on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I hate people who create two threads with the exact same title and whine a lot.

So yes.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nope. For me, 90% of the people I interact with barely notice me.
5% notice somewhat and think I'm that "quiet, smart and somewhat weird guy."
And then 5% loves me.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Honestly, no. Some of my best friends have been INTPs. The world doesn't hate them, they're odd and quiet so the world doesn't acknowledge them for the most part. When it comes right down to it, regular folk rarely notice INTPs. When the do, it's generally as a result of their weird behavior, which evokes a wtf (very small wtf at that) response. I think INTPs often like to believe they're hated, but that's probably not a fair or accurate account of the way others actually see them. Mostly, others don't notice them at all. They're kind of like ghosts IRL.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The large majority of people I've dealt with seemed to at least mildly like me.

...You wouldn't happen to have an account at INTP central would you? No, never mind, I'm supposed to keep it on topic.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.

Why do you think that they hate you?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say about 50% of the people that I encounter don't get any conclusive read on me in either direction.

Overall a good amount will get a WTF response from the way I act, but then again it's not like I stick around to really get feedback with any depth. If people get to know me a bit, or see the way I respond to certain things, then they might really be angered or annoyed. That's usually heavily biased by their preconceptions and the confusion this causes for them. I usually can sense a slight negative vibe with their stance towards me though. It sucks sometimes :(

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know.
Most don't hate me openly, anyway.
Some people might hate the fact that I'm an outspoken, open-minded, boyish girl with a penchant for unnatural hair colors who's often kind of vulgar.
But that has nothing to do with me being an INTP.
My INTP traits are the ones people probably like more.
I think a lot of people don't know me well enough to hate me, unless they just hate me because of my appearance, which is possible.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, but it does hate victim complexes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everybody seems to like me ro respect me to some extent. Family, friends, work.

The very few times I met someone that 'hated' me. It was someone not worth bothering my head over.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
A lot of the animosity might be the result of people first thinking the aloof INTP hates them.

The less intimidating and smaller INTPs might get messed with and have conflict, while the more intimidating INTPs are more likely to get a begrudging respect.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
know your culture please. the post modern world LOVES a good victim attitude. i has basically invented it.
a meaningless minority continues to go for the self made man type of republican attitude.

(but you are not supposed to act like you are their victim, you are supposed to 'be a victim like them'. we are all equally victimized)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
know your culture please. the post modern world LOVES a good victim attitude. i has basically invented it.
a meaningless minority continues to go for the self made man type of republican attitude.

(but you are not supposed to act like you are their victim, you are supposed to 'be a victim like them'. we are all equally victimized)

Know MY culture? Don't you live in Germany?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does the world hate INTP's what?

S

Sniffles

Well at best I can say that a certain subtype of INTPs piss me off. Other than that, no not more than anyother type.

I hate people who create two threads with the exact same title and whine a lot.

So yes.
I'm sure plenty of people hate you.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I go with the general outlook that if a lot of people hate me, I'm doing a good job.