• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
minimally successful, flagrant anti-INTP trolling

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Does the world hate INTP's what?

LOL. I wrote an email to a friend on Friday and, after she responded, noticed a misplaced 's in my original note. I swear it's contagious, but I still spent 10 minutes mentally chastising myself.

I've never felt the world hated me. The majority of the people I'm around daily seem to appreciate me as I'm the "go to" person for a wide spectrum of questions and problems. But then, I've always worked in university settings. So it may be a different mindset - I have no idea how I'd be viewed in a business.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'd hate to live in a world that hated INTPs. I think this one treats 'em just fine. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience?

No.

As far as I can tell, people only dislike me when I act like a jerk -- which means when I get unnecessarily snarky, insensitive, abrasive, a know-it-all, or dismissive. (I'm sure someone can add to the list for me. ;) )

Excluding Caribbean, Sushi and Solomon Islands.

And that's not a bad selection, if you've got to not hate SOME part of the world...! (It's far better than not hating downtown Newark, remote regions of Siberia, and Louisiana swampland.)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One of my closest friends is an INTP and I think he's fantastic. He's insanely smart, original in thought, interesting, kind, courteous, has a razor-sharp wit, and is wonderfully outside-the-box. What I love best about him is that he is so true to himself no matter what others say or do. If just some of these qualities are common to INTPs, I think you're all fantastic. :)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I used to think most people hated me, but then I realized most people just didn't really know me.

Engage Ne in your social interactions. It's how you handle the external world best. :)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to think most people hated me, but then I realized most people just didn't really know me give a shit.

Fixed it for you.

(that's usually how it works, yo)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont like people who neither show a weakness nor a strength

I am sry, but I dont like INTPs

Most probable though is I am too dumb to see

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
No.

As far as I can tell, people only dislike me when I act like a jerk -- which means when I get unnecessarily snarky, insensitive, abrasive, a know-it-all, or dismissive. (I'm sure someone can add to the list for me. ;) )

And that's not a bad selection, if you've got to not hate SOME part of the world...! (It's far better than not hating downtown Newark, remote regions of Siberia, and Louisiana swampland.)
Never even heard of downtown Newark. What is there?

I have been to downtown Haifa.
Tattoed seamen, fresh Mediterranean breeze, Falafeli and Goldstar.

Never enter remote Siberia. You might catch the fatal Siberian cold.

I have never been to Caribbean, or Solomon.
I have postcars pinned on the wall.
I watch them while I eat my Sushi.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
`

That sucks. I notice the same thing about ENTJS, people act indifferent
towards you like you might as well not even be in the room when you want
someone to hang out with then when you're doing your own thing and just
enjoying yourself, bam...or people ignore you for their cliques they let get
up their butts and get posessive of them and backstab you to keep up with
them, then the minute those people are too busy or ditch them they come
crawling back and became a cling on and don't bother to think for a minute
that they did the exact same thing. I have few people I actually consider
close friends and I honestly could care less...fool me once, shame on you.
fool me twice, shame on me.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
No, the only reason people don't like me is because I can act like a know-it-all, but I keep that to a minimum.:yes:

L

Lasting_Pain

I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience? Other types chime in as well. Keep it clean and on topic.

I use to think this when I was in my early teens, but now I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the world does not understand us.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think it is more of that 90% of the world doesn't want to understand us.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know, I saw the title and laughed my ass off. I couldn't resist clicking and I was not disappointed. Bravo chaps, keep it up :D