• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Growing up

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know but as a kid. I always have a plan to getting rich.

lol
Like I was always working on something that could be profitable.

Most of the stuff I learnt was thru those planning.
(I still haven't read a novel yet)

Other ENTJ, how was it like for you as kids.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was a weird kid before I learned social skills around the age of 11-ish. I'm also the oldest child in my family, and always liked grown-ups better than other kids. At school, during recess, I would cry if I wasn't allowed to stay inside and hang with the teachers in the staff room. I'm sure they loooved me.

Eventually my parents and a school shrink bribed me (with chocolate bars - really!) to hang out with other kids. I grew out of this phase and was a fairly normal adolescent, but yeah, weird, uptight little kid. Definitely still have part of that kid in me.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I didn't like teachers as a kid. They were the evil people that tried to beat you.
I still don't like authority figures.

Born rebel. Like I as a kid, I didn't identify my parents as my parents until I was older.
I always thought those two people keep annoying me.

Yea I am a last child :).

juggernaut

Permabanned
I was really kind of shy and weird by other people's standards, a typical INTJ really. I skipped first grade, was really strong in math and science, and totally socially awkward. I got into a lot of trouble for not following directions and constantly asking "why?", but still managed to pull straight A's (I'd do really well in the subject, but get in trouble for "cooperation") I wasn't loud or combative, just not interested in participating in things that I thought were dumb (sadly that was just about anything outside of science and math...PE was the nadir...a bunch of obnoxious little kids punching balls tied to poles and trying to cripple each other in dodgeball). I remember wanting to be a marine biologist, up until I was about 12. When I got to middle school, things changed. I'm not entirely sure what happened but I'm sure a lot of it had to do with interest from males. I'm still a shitty E for the most part, but when I get irritated or something needs to get done in an efficient manner, the E kicks in. I don't like inefficiency/stupidity/laziness so if it occurs within my orbit, I take care of it pronto. Outside of my bubble, I'm not terribly interested in what people are doing, ...but if someone is inside that bubble (of their own accord or not) then I really am a juggernaut.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I knew this ENTJ in class and growing up he was a "bulldozer" about everything. Seats, friends, "affection"o_O?, attention, grades... Sometimes, I'd accidentally get higher scores by oh-ho, what's that?Studying!
He'd give me the side glance villains give characters who get in the way of their plans and keep squinting until I "toned my joy down".
He's still a bulldozer now but "softer". I noticed that about most EXTJs, they have a plan and anyone who tries to interfere is basically walking around with a red spot on their head!

juggernaut

Permabanned
I knew this ENTJ in class and growing up he was a "bulldozer" about everything. Seats, friends, "affection"o_O?, attention, grades... Sometimes, I'd accidentally get higher scores by oh-ho, what's that?Studying!
He'd give me the side glance villains give characters who get in the way of their plans and keep squinting until I "toned my joy down".
He's still a bulldozer now but "softer". I noticed that about most EXTJs, they have a plan and anyone who tries to interfere is basically walking around with a red spot on their head!

That's (the bolded material) definitely a very keen observation and exactly how I operate! Otherwise, I'm not a bulldozer. I think anyone who studies and works hard should be rewarded with the appropriate grade. I'm not at all bothered by the success of others. It often motivates me, in fact. I figure if someone else has accomplished (x), whatever (x) is, then there's no reason I can't (within reason of course...I know I'll never be a ballerina or an artist for example). But I certainly don't want to diminish their success, and I still really find center stage an incredibly awkward place to be. I will avoid it to as long as I can reasonably get away with doing so.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
That's (the bolded material) definitely a very keen observation and exactly how I operate! Otherwise, I'm not a bulldozer. I think anyone who studies and works hard should be rewarded with the appropriate grade. I'm not at all bothered by the success of others. It often motivates me, in fact. I figure if someone else has accomplished (x), whatever (x) is, then there's no reason I can't (within reason of course...I know I'll never be a ballerina or an artist for example). But I certainly don't want to diminish their success, and I still really find center stage an incredibly awkward place to be. I will avoid it to as long as I can reasonably get away with doing so.

Hehe, it was a downer for him because he thought he had gotten the best grade and someone else said I did. He's not jealous per say, he just aimed for the "1st spot", that was his plan and it failed. Actually as much as I don't like being "juggernauted" I think it's very efficient. It's a nice "kick in the butt".
I'm sure you guys are not all jealous.;)

juggernaut

Permabanned
Jealousy is definitely not one of my issues. The only time I've gotten hot under the collar about a grade is when a prof gave a classmate, that I had tutored, a better grade. I wasn't at all angry at the woman, but the prof definitely went on my shitlist that day (and he's still there). He knew that the only reason she understood the material at all was because of the time I spent working with her, but he had some sort of lolita-esque fascination with her and that was that. I had nothing but admiration for her ability to play him so well however. I'm sure he thought it was jealousy of her (she remained my friend for quite some time after btw), but it was nothing more than disgust and disappointment in him. I find weakness (and a philosopher that let's the little head rule is an example of the weakest kind of weakness) from a man in a position like that sickening.:sick:

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
@chegra, I'm the same. I have the mind of a capitalist. Always thinking how to do more with less effort and how to make money. I'm going to be rich some day, I'm sure of that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
@chegra, I'm the same. I have the mind of a capitalist. Always thinking how to do more with less effort and how to make money. I'm going to be rich some day, I'm sure of that.

You can count on my type in the process ! I will be rich and broke far more earlier :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My youngest sis is ENTJ and I watched her grow up. She is the most confident, arrogant person I have ever met. She's more than a decade younger than me, but we are extremely close - actually probably my best friend, if I had to quantify it. Every time she starts a job, within 2 weeks she'll start complaining about their inefficiency. Within a month, she'll start saying how much better she is than everyone else. And she's right - she is just better than anyone else, and it's painfully obvious to anyone around her. She has been eternally loved by all of her bosses because she puts on a good game face of the intelligent, competent, sweet girl and she will never leave for the day unless everything is completed.

When she was 16, I hired her as a production manager for a film that I was working on. I have never met anyone before or since who could do the job with the precision that she did. She researched the entire film industry and her job title, read the screenplay, spoke to the director (who thought she was a 30yo woman) and showed up on day one with color coded charts and schedules, personalized for each member of each crew. She is ridiculous. If we were in a war, she would be the general and I would be her adviser.

As a kid, she was extremely competitive and jealous for no reason. If she heard me playing a song on the piano, she would (as a very young child) wake up in the middle of the night and sneak down to practice (as if we wouldn't hear her!) and play it for me with precision the next day with a smug look on her face. One of my other sister's is a visual artist, and my ENTJ was so jealous of her talent and would spend countless hours painstakingly copying everything she ever drew. Now, she is an amazing artist herself, but she has the same exact style as our sister. Even the same handwriting.

Even as a toddler, she was competitive. She decided one day that she wants to be like the big girls and she literally potty trained herself. It took her about 2 days and then she moved on to the next task. I think one of her first complete sentences, one that she repeated often as a kid, was: who do you think is better?

Her sense of humor is sharp and witty but some people think she's a huge bitch because of it. But I get her and understand her and I know that she is not a bitch. She's just got the same sense of communication as me, but always takes that one step that I don't take - that one step too far. And she uses insulting words. When I point out that she is being an asshole, we break into hysterical laughter because she doesn't see herself. But people who don't know her, don't realize that she would just laugh and apologize about it if you told her. Instead, they just get scared.

She totally geeks out to video games and anime conventions, making the biggest and best costumes - one for each day of the convention. But she's an undercover nerd, you would never know because she looks and acts so damn cool. Men love her but women hate her. And she always has some broken down sap of a boyfriend in tow to do her bidding.

I hate sharing a platter with her at a restaurant. She even eats competitively, eating quickly and watching you like a hawk to make sure you don't get more than her.

She always wants to be the best, but she has so many interests that she sometimes gives up too soon when she realizes how much effort she has to put in. She's lovable and hilariously funny, but my whole family is terrified of her. I understand both points of view though, because she takes everything you say quite literally. If you say "let's try to get together on Saturday" - she takes that as a fixed meeting and will crucify you if you don't show up. And she can hold a grudge for years, waiting to punish you.

And this:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/683624-post27.html

Qre:us

ENTJ growing up

...means becoming an ENTP. :nerd:

Quite the introspective, somber journey into adulthood. I wish you well.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I was introverted but competitive, and kept on getting in trouble for using my Te. I remember, being in first grade, breaking up one of those play-weddings on the playground because the kids weren't eighteen and able to make the decision without parental consent. I then laid it on the "priest," because he was being irresponsible for "impersonating a justice of the peace." Of course, everyone got miffed with me, and I got in a fight with said priest (which I won, becuase there's no way my pride would let me get it from a priest, not even a fake one).

I went to the teacher afterwards and asked why it was okay for them to break the law and why I was in trouble. He couldn't answer me. I was angry. Actually, I spent the greater part of my childhood angry, or studying, until I got to high school and realized that as idiots, I could take advantage of the same people and enjoy it a lot more than I did trying to make them understand me.

Also very into dramatics. The only things I ever wanted to be were an actress and a dictator, and then decided to be a lawyer when I was 9 because it was a more reliable field.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hrm. I've just had an idea of somehow trying to get jenocyde's sister to be my slave! Somehow willing to do my work with all of her motivation and expertise while I can sit back and chill in my head. Also seeing a woman who is a competitive eater is hilarious! Jen, where do you live? =D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hrm. I've just had an idea of somehow trying to get jenocyde's sister to be my slave! Somehow willing to do my work with all of her motivation and expertise while I can sit back and chill in my head. Also seeing a woman who is a competitive eater is hilarious! Jen, where do you live? =D

New York!!

She would tear you apart. I would pay to see this... :rofl1:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
New York!!

She would tear you apart. I would pay to see this... :rofl1:

I would use the fallout mesmetron and slave collar. But nah, just the competitive eating alone would be funny enough.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would use the fallout mesmetron and slave collar. But nah, just the competitive eating alone would be funny enough.

She's kinda crazy with it and doesn't even notice how insane she is. She greedily tears into her food while never taking her eyes off of you, like a lion. Her eyes follow every movement you make, as if she's about to pounce.

And she loves sauce. She gets mad if there is no dipping sauce.

Where are you and how old are you?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
She's kinda crazy with it and doesn't even notice how insane she is. She greedily tears into her food while never taking her eyes off of you, like a lion. Her eyes follow every movement you make, as if she's about to pounce.

And she loves sauce. She gets mad if there is no dipping sauce.

Where are you and how old are you?

At the moment, I am in Michigan (near the Lansing area) chilling with family. I am twenty years old, but I'm at the maturity level of a fifteen-year-old. I'm usually in the Northwestern Indiana-Chicagoland area, unless if I'm at school in Central Indiana.

Mm, youthful vitality.