• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
i have a bad habit of doing this.
i let my imagination take over and come up with stupid ideas, situations or reasons to break up
especially when things are going "too good"
suspicion starts to arise
its a mixture of that and me being afraid of commitment and serious relationships
idk how to change that :(

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i have a bad habit of doing this.
i let my imagination take over and come up with stupid ideas, situations or reasons to break up
especially when things are going "too good"
suspicion starts to arise
its a mixture of that and me being afraid of commitment and serious relationships
idk how to change that :(

First of all, dont use your imagination as a scapegoat, but start to wonder about commitment issues. And this wasnt meant in a religious way :)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I just sabotaged a relationship 5 minutes ago. Damn, I can never get things right.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I did last night.

Ah well. At the end of the day, at least we're ENTPs...

...and female ENTPs, at that! I know I will bounce back - I'm actually not sad about it, but I feel the guilt. Which is probably the cruelest and most horrible feeling for me. blah.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Just cultivate having no emotions :-D Cuz that precludes the bad ones, too!

I generally only have a range of about 4 emotions, maybe 5 or 6 on special occasions. Guilt is one of the 4. It will pass by tomorrow morning, but it's fucking real now.

Sorry about your own personal sabotage... :hug:

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:hug: Reading this makes me feel not crazy/weird. I love you guys!

To Jenocyde and Marm:
What I found that helps... is... forcing yourself to feel sadness. Feel their sadness. I don't know why, but it helps. Especially with the guilt. And try to rebuild that sabotaged bridge. And from that point, you've done all you can do.

We need an ENTP support group. The arguing, the avoidance, everything. It's a very counterproductive life. But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! :heart:

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
We need an ENTP support group. The arguing, the avoidance, everything. It's a very counterproductive life. But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! :heart:

I could not agree more. :blush:

What I found that helps... is... forcing yourself to feel sadness. Feel their sadness. I don't know why, but it helps. Especially with the guilt. And try to rebuild that sabotaged bridge. And from that point, you've done all you can do.

I've found that I don't too much have trouble rebuilding the bridge when it's been broken, it's the actual keeping it upright and safe that is difficult. After I've realized that I was wrong, I can manage to swallow up my pride and start over, but then it's just an endless cycle of losing interest and breaking again.

My question is then, what type could possibly put up with this?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:hug: Reading this makes me feel not crazy/weird. I love you guys!

To Jenocyde and Marm:

You know what? The guilt is gone now. Poof - just like that. Even though he's still sobbing in the next room (ugh)... My rationale took over and I realized that I did nothing wrong (I really didn't!). I decided to tell him my honest feelings and he reacted to it. I can't be responsible for his reactions, only my actions. And I feel that I was honest, fair and kind. I can't force anyone to accept the truth - and I admit it is rather hard to face, at times. But I don't believe in being a martyr or in suffering in silence.

I can only be me, and if that's not what you want/need/like, then get to f'ing stepping. I still care for him dearly, and this is probably not our last chapter (this is +/- 10 years now...) but I won't pretend something I just don't feel, and I won't accept something I just don't like. Life is too short.

I am so happy I found you girls, this forum and other ENTPs. It is so refreshing to feel validated for once. Or at least find others who identify with my potentially messed up train of thought. Thanks!!! :hug::hug::hug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know what? The guilt is gone now. Poof - just like that. Even though he's still sobbing in the next room (ugh)... My rationale took over and I realized that I did nothing wrong (I really didn't!). I decided to tell him my honest feelings and he reacted to it. I can't be responsible for his reactions, only my actions. And I feel that I was honest, fair and kind. I can't force anyone to accept the truth - and I admit it is rather hard to face, at times. But I don't believe in being a martyr or in suffering in silence.

I can only be me, and if that's not what you want/need/like, then get to f'ing stepping. I still care for him dearly, and this is probably not our last chapter (this is +/- 10 years now...) but I won't pretend something I just don't feel, and I won't accept something I just don't like. Life is too short.

I am so happy I found you girls, this forum and other ENTPs. It is so refreshing to feel validated for once. Or at least find others who identify with my potentially messed up train of thought. Thanks!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Thats the right decision. Just bear in mind, dont use things like martyr or "i cant blame someone for the truth" in public. They just dont get that. the public needs clear decisions, as love does

And dont ask, I suck at this aswell

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thats the right decision. Just bear in mind, dont use things like martyr or "i cant blame someone for the truth" in public. They just dont get that. the public needs clear decisions, as love does

And dont ask, I suck at this aswell

Ahh, but you suck so good!!! (I know that statement is questionable, but there really wasn't a better way to phrase it...)

Egal, danke sehr. Schuld ist ein Scheiß-Gefühl - und wer kümmert sich um die Öffentlichkeit überhaupt?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
("doesn't matter, thanks very much. guilt is a shitty feeling - and who cares about the public anyway?")

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

That's so great! :happy0065::yay:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ahh, but you suck so good!!! (I know that statement is questionable, but there really wasn't a better way to phrase it...)

Egal, danke sehr. Schuld ist ein Scheiß-Gefühl - und wer kümmert sich um die Öffentlichkeit überhaupt?

Nur noch der Wahnsinn -.-

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, my 2nd to last post reads like it's from an issue of You Go, Girl magazine. Now I feel that 6th emotion - shame. hahahaa...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
just remember to put "überhaupt" after "kümnmert sich" and I will be the dog who will follow you everywhere :)