• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT intellectual goals

Prometheus

MBTI Type
INTJ
What are your intellectual goals? Are they broad like being wise? Or more specific like learning some particular forreing language? Do you feel the need to master a field and innovate it?

Prometheus

MBTI Type
INTJ
I guess I start. Right now I'm working hard(but not as hard as I would like) in getting a solid base in most science fields and arts. In the future I think I will go for a psyschology degree and do lots of research. Learn many languages used to be a goal but I guess I wouldn't use them anyway. What about you?

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
What are your intelectual goals? Are they broad like being wise? Or more specific like learning some particular forreing language? Do you feel the need to master a field and innovate it?

One thing all NT's should aspire to is spelling better. I think it’s a problem with the pathways in their brains, because spelling and names have little associative properties they are hard to recall (theory of mine).

There appears to be 2 different types of NT's, there’s the ones that are just wired that way and having varying degrees of "motivation" (Lets say its a function of their mothers mitochondrial DNA) and there's the others that are hell bent on seeking power and become NT's by necessity.

I'm the latter. So it’s about jousting. To further develop in the field I am is monotonous. To do things like languages seems an inadequate payoff for the effort expended. If I was around 1,000 years ago etc I could raise an army and go pillaging and ravishing busty blondes in Nordic climes... but alas, we live in the 21st century.

So, about 2 years ago I decided on developing my own fashion company, which has only just started getting into gear with a graduate designer given I have so little time. So, I can make war with my company, lusty blondes abound and it’s a real challenge to step into a different area and beat those that are formally trained there... fashion is actually a science, new designs are just combinations of basic concepts. (Logistics, purchasing, advertising and MARKETING are way more important than replicable designs, besides there's huge payoffs for fast intellectual movers, thats why the private equity companies have moved in recently).

How’s that for an NT.... only problem, I can't stand the fashion industry in general (Its too pretentious and I prefer being introverted). Although, I guess its just part of the ongoing development of the underutilized right brain...

BlackMita

I want to improve in the arts, as visual story teller. That means working as an illustrator, doing concepts renderings or storyboarding in the future. I’ve generalized the direction to going about training (formally and informally) should be to develop and polish the necessary skills a graphic novelist would have – which puts all my aspirations into somewhat of a package (formal and sequential art with strong communication skills needed).

Throughout my whole life, on top of that, I just want to expand my knowledge of anything I find remotely interesting. Seeking data for the sake of utilizing it (as I would consider myself low on the intellectual scale – thanks school). I want to be smarter in a realistic sense, being able to apply myself to any situation quickly. I need to learn to learn better – to cultivate a universal attitude that is FTW no matter where I am.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm always trying to learn new junk. I like learning about just about everything. That includes math, science, art, history, english, spanish, chinese, and computer programming. My current interest is languages, namely spanish and chinese. Oddly, I found that Chinese was much easier to start learning than most languages, like Spanish and Hebrew. Now that I know a decent amount of Spanish, I'm continuing with it. I had trouble starting to learn it. My art is currently not high priority, cause I'm quite busy, but I miss drawing and painting a lot. I will also spend a lot of time improving my speaking skills when debate season starts again.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
What are your intellectual goals? Are they broad like being wise? Or more specific like learning some particular forreing language? Do you feel the need to master a field and innovate it?

I have too many goals to talk about or possible implement. One of my broadest goals though is to simply develop my intuition as much as possible and learn to use it in the most effective manner.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've a thirst to learn every desktop publishing and photo editing software package I can get my hands on. I am also teaching myself Spanish as I plan to retire somewhere along the Mayan Riviera; I want to be as fluent as possible.

Like BlackMita, if something strikes my fancy I want to know all about it. Everything. It becomes near obsessive behaviour until I am satisfied and then I put it aside for something new. I'm currently focussed on learning about native plants in my area and where to find them in the wild. And photography.

Caleban

MBTI Type
INTJ
One thing all NT's should aspire to is spelling better.

Picking fault in spelling skills has no point. If the general idea can be communicated, spelling is just extra.

Don't be a snob dude :)

lastrailway

I think I am either too old or to lazy to set any new goals. Mostly trying to keep updated and competitive in my field, and then I have various random interests (MBTI one of the lattest)

ygolo

My termites win

I have a heirarchy of goals. The specific ones feed the broad ones (like being wise, and living up to my potential).

I have wanted to invent/discover some technology, technique, theory, or idea that tranforms human life for the better. Whenever, I feel disconnected, or completely blocked from this goal (weather or not I actually accomplish it doesn't matter, as long as I am moving forward) I feel essentially dead inside, completely worthless and without purpose. When I feel like I am making great progress I feel like "this is what I was made to do." Somehow there is a spiritual component to it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Being rated undeterminedly high in any and all IQ tests I have encountered, while being ENXX, most probably ENTP, I would set my intellectual goal at solving the N=NP problem or a problem of similar magnitude. Yes, that's one of the open questions of computer science where the reward for solution is set at about 1M$.

It's not actually the intellectual problem I'm looking after, as I'm trying to strive forward in life.. which has been most hard. I think that I better skip the most hard intellectual challenges that are pushed before me, and accept the creative and impulsive needs that I face. With that background, the only intellectual challenges that I face are practical.

How do I convice myself to accept the usual social values and goals at a real level? How do I get myself away from online encyclopedias and books I've bought, to make some real work and results that are appreciated in the community that I live in?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
How do I convice myself to accept the usual social values and goals at a real level? How do I get myself away from online encyclopedias and books I've bought, to make some real work and results that are appreciated in the community that I live in?

Money.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Picking fault in spelling skills has no point. If the general idea can be communicated, spelling is just extra.

Don't be a snob dude :)

Actually, it wasn't a reference precisely to any particular poster.

Most people in IT I come across (and they are in the absolute vast majority males and more NT) are poorer at spelling than other similar professionals that I have worked with. (And likely, a lot less NT amongst them).

Most IT males seem to be so maths orientated that somewhere along the schooling line they really have binned English. (Or spelling doesn't stick in their minds which is more likely, thats why they gravitated towards Maths).

ygolo

My termites win
Actually, it wasn't a reference precisely to any particular poster.

Most people in IT I come across (and they are in the absolute vast majority males and more NT) are poorer at spelling than other similar professionals that I have worked with. (And likely, a lot less NT amongst them).

Most IT males seem to be so maths orientated that somewhere along the schooling line they really have binned English. (Or spelling doesn't stick in their minds which is more likely, thats why they gravitated towards Maths).

Why get good at something we can get a program to do for us?

Marketing should be a new target for automation :wink: