• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP/ENFP relationship?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm an F. And I can be nice and straightforward. I could tell someone nicely that "I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for anything right now. But it was great getting to know you." Unlike what he did..."I'm too busy too go out tonight." Which she took as not rejection and invited herself over. So sometimes being "polite" can backfire. There is nothing wrong with being flat out honest. Hell...maybe I'm the T. Doubtful.

Oh well yeah..that was totally indirect..which probably just means not fi?? Maybe that's not out of character for entp?? Don't know..but it would bother me too I think.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know it's a bad idea, but how bad?

Why do so many people assume that all ENTPs are the same, and all ENFPs are the same???

All ENTPs may function the same, but they are DIFFERENT PEOPLE, who grew up in different backgrounds, with different friends, with different IQs, etc.

I know at least one ENFP...and they're lovely people. I think an ENTP/ENFP relationship might work...after all...you're not planning to marry her right?!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
LOL! I found my way back to this thread after guesswho posted a poll on ENFP-NT Sex on the NF Idyllic forum.

I think I already mentioned earlier in this thread that I dated an ENTP briefly and it was very intense. ;)

We never closed the deal, but I bet you that if we had it would have been insanely fantastic up until the point that I would have dumped his sorry ass.

I hazard a guess that it would have been worth the heartbreak.

:devil:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I often get very curious. I'm starting to like these polls.

themarlins

I think it could work.

I know an ESTP/ESFP couple that's been married for 30+ years. I dont see why having N instead of S would all of a sudden make a ENTP/ENFP relationship unfulfilling.

Actually, as ENTP..... ENFP would be one of my first choices along with INFP. They make great friends, and real significant others are basically your best friend.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dated an ENFP. The relationship was so much fun!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The one relationship I almost had was with an ENFP. We were both too flighty to stay around for long enough for much to develop, lol. And while I did already see a bit of a T/F clash, that difference is/was also a nice balance in itself in the face of eerie similarities, so I wouldn't automatically dismiss the potential power of this pairing :D

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I fucking love ENFPs. Don't think I could date one, though; too much endless discussion about anything and everything. ENTP + ENFP discussions get really exhausting after awhile. Although one of my best friends, an ENFP, says he wishes I was a girl so he could fall in love with and date me, but he's not gay and so can't even fall in love with me.

I think ENFP + ENFP relationships are a much worse idea.

S

Society

Shared: Ne - - Se
conflicting: Ti/Fe & Fi/Te

now, from personal experience with INFJs, opposite attributes aren't a negative: for example Ne-Ni and Si-Se are awesome for mental and sexual chemistry. so i am not sure if both people being Ne & Se would actually be a positive, but at least they are in the same layers, because i know that Ti/Fe vs. Fe/Ti, just from being in opposite relative positions, can result in tons of communications problems, even when both members have strong Ti and Fe, it's simply that certain process's go in the opposite direction.

so for an ENTP/ENFP relationship, you'd actually get the Ti interacting with the Fi more often then it does with Te, and the Fe interacting with Te more often then it does with Fi, so you don't get as much of an Fe-Fi emotional connection or Ti-Te intellectual connection at all. instead you are deducting for the objective world when they are looking in their subjective world, and looking for subjective perspectives when they are concluding objective results.

conclusion: please try it out and report your experiment so we can compare it with the theoretical model.
thank you for your sacrifice in the name of social science.
sincerely - Mane

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh no!! I've got a date with an ENTP in April. I want it to work out because we're so much alike and get along so well!! I'm going to be a hopeless romantic and say that ENFPs and ENTPs can be great for each other as long as they take the time to work things through. I think any 2 personalities can be good together if they're willing to put in the work.

S

Society

Oh no!! I've got a date with an ENTP in April. I want it to work out because we're so much alike and get along so well!! I'm going to be a hopeless romantic and say that ENFPs and ENTPs can be great for each other as long as they take the time to work things through. I think any 2 personalities can be good together if they're willing to put in the work.

tell us how it goes...

i have a theory that people connect more easily on opposite perceptive functions then they do on opposite judging functions. so basically people with [ENTJ/INTJ/ESTJ/ISTJ] and [ENFP/INFP/ESFP/ISFP] types, are a lot more likely to get better romantic connections between those groups and within them then they would with [INFJ/ENFJ/ESTP/ISTP] and [ISFJ/ESFJ/ENTP/INTP] and vise versa. i want to learn about exception for that rule.

anyone with Fe has established a good relationship with someone with Fi or vise versa?
anyone with Te has established a good relationship with someone with Ti or vise versa?

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I just started a relationship with an ENTP about a week ago =D
I knew him for about a month beforehand, and since the day I'd met him he invited me over every single day. But while I was there, he never really flirted with me that much and would even drool over famous actresses making loud remarks about them while I was there. So, I was never totally convinced that he was interested in me.
It's still hard to tell if he's actually into me sometimes as I fade into the background when I'm around him. However, if I get up to do something else, he'll notice right away and suddenly be 100% attentive of me. It's pretty humorous.
He also gets jealous quite easily I think. If I'm talking to another guy, he'll come up and kiss me, then return to what he was doing. It reminds me of a dog marking its territory haha.
He's super silly around me and always remarks how he loves that he can be that way around me. His past girlfriends always told him to cut it out.
Our communication is pretty good, we're up front with each other. It's pretty easy to open up to him, but once I say what's on my mind, he'll comment on it and then move on. He doesn't want to sit there and analyze anything with me.
I find it difficult to let myself trust him for some reason, but I think that comes with time.

My best friend is also an ENTP and even though he's the same type, he's pretty different. When we get together we constantly analyze things and talk about theories. So it's pretty odd to me that my bf isn't into it as much. I think it might have to do with their enneagram difference, though.

My bf is a 7 and my best friend is an 8.

also, [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

I was in a serious relationship with an INTP and it was awesome; I'd never gotten along with someone so much before. It wouldn't have ended if it weren't for the issue of religion and him not wanting kids.

Permabanned
Young ENxP's, when still mostly guided by the dominant function, oftentimes are seduced by the similarities in demeanor and how at the ease they can be among each other. As the novelty fades and the inferior functions are put into use more often, the initial attraction may be unsustainable, due to too much similarity and insufficient ability at complementing each other's faults.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
Young ENxP's, when still mostly guided by the dominant function, oftentimes are seduced by the similarities in demeanor and how at the ease they can be among each other. As the novelty fades and the inferior functions are put into use more often, the initial attraction may be unsustainable, due to too much similarity and insufficient ability at complementing each other's faults.

This is what I'm worried about >.<

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is what I'm worried about >.<

ENTP - INFP is working for me for 7 years now. It's rough, we are polar opposites but we regulary manage to benefit from the differences. It's a challenge but we both like challenges.

I'ld say the inner product of ENTP/INFP is the same like ENTP/ENFP only the vectors are different. Possible is everything, you just have to believe in it.