• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Can't figure out what I am. :P INTP/ENTP hybrid.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can do the Myers-Briggs personality test as much as I want. Everytime filled in honestly, but with a different environment in mind.

To new, unknown situations I seem to be deeply INTP.

90%, 70%, 50%, 50% ish

But in somewhat familiarized settings, or trusted environments, I can quickly turn into a fully blown ENTP, (upto 70% expressed extravert in some cases. Usually 30-50%)

And occasionally, I can put myself to be ENTP in any unknown situation if I gather the courage for it, but only if I believe it to be important in one way or another. And once going it quickly becomes natural as well. So it isn't really like 'acting' that much. Which is a good thing, because I am a terrible actor. :p

I was wondering if anyone here that has a bit better grasp of the way these personality types are made could help me figure out how I could best classify my personality with this test. Or perhaps know of a better test or means to find out. I've only learned about these tests a week ago, so I'm pretty new to the concept. Though it interests me greatly. :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Care to elaborate or do I need an ESFJ for that? ;)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Anyone, I or E, can be the life of the party - especially amongst people in their comfort zone. What is your dominant function?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Figured it out, I'm INTP. *nod*

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Its definantly possible for an introvert or extrovert to be quite social. You may have a very developed auxillary Ne, which can make the distinction vague between INTP and ENTP, it could be the other way round though.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd say ENTP, as ENTPS are often quiet when they are new or unsure of an environment.

L

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Woahh, it's not that easy. You have to earn it. There's a test.

Where can I find the test. :)

I'd say ENTP, as ENTPS are often quiet when they are new or unsure of an environment.

L

Well, I'm not neccesarily unsure/insecure or afraid of new situations. But I do like to size up what's there, if I have the time for it. :)

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
An INTP Profile

I think if you read that and go "ohhhhhh that's totally me!" then you are an INTP.

It's the best INTP description I have read.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INTP Profile

I think if you read that and go "ohhhhhh that's totally me!" then you are an INTP.

It's the best INTP description I have read.

Ooh, read it.

Dominant Function: Introverted Thinking section:
dead on, I even chuckled and mayhaps let an evil cackle slip through too while reading that.

Secondary Function: Extraverted Intuition section:
I can see myself in it, but I think I take this a slight step up from what was described. Particularly the discussion bit. I often start discussions with myself even, in my head, to seek truth. Sentence for sentence though, not word for word. I just think of the 'idea' of the sentence I'm at without needing to think about all the words to discuss with myself. *nod* Though first three words of the sentence does often surface extra in my head. But that's more for a means to stave off major brain-derail.
The bits about trust are kinda wrong though. Although it was not so in the past, when I did have trust issues, in both directions. But I've since put less stock in trust in general, and I suppose I rely on my Ne a lot for it nowadays. I don't expect much in terms of trust from the people I know.

Tertiary Function: Introverted Sensing section:
I don't see myself much in this section. I see some stuff that match me. Altho I can be nostalgic at times and have a thing for the past. In no way I'm as concerned about it as the section on that site describes. I never have problems throwing old stuff away and I rarely, if ever, get attached to any material item that has lost its usefulness. That said tho. I regularly reread some of my poetry, or stories. Or look up certain logs, pictures, etc.

INTPs typically have an acute awareness of the passage of past times.

I often think of the time, have the time in my head, check my watch, and notice the time on my watch is the exact same time I was thinking about. I don't look on my watch every minute either. Only about 5-10 times a day average if I had to guess. So that bit is quite true though. :p

I'm very introverted thinking and also very extraverted intiution, no doubt. But my teriary:introverted sensing, is quite low if I say so myself.

Inferior Function: Extraverted Feeling section:
In my opinion this one is more developped then the INTP's supposedly tertiary function. Altho some things written on the site are truely dead on. (For example, choosing the music that fits the mood I am in, and not being interested in music (much) that don't fit the mood. Altho to some extent, I have been able to affect the mood by listening to music. But only if the music is just that damned good, or if my mind wanders to an idea of how things could have been. In which my actual mood doesn't change, but I just pretend to be 'elsewhere' so to speak. Like day dreaming.

But the way it describes the INTP's feeling to, when emotions do show, come out in a childlike state is not entirely right for me. I'm not completely black and white in this regard as the essay suggests. And in no way am I desperate to hide all of my feelings. Altho this was true when i was much younger. I've had people tell me I'm quite in touch with my feminin side. And I assume they mean my occasional release of emotions. Usually through words on paper. But in no way do I try to de-personalize the feelings I've put into such things as poetry. In fact, those feelings and emotions are very unique and important to me.

So in short.

Introverted Thinking, very well developped
Extraverted Intuition, very well developped
Introverted Sensing, present but possibly underdevelopped
Extraverted Feeling, over-developped, maybe even my Tertiary?

L

Lasting_Pain

I can do the Myers-Briggs personality test as much as I want. Everytime filled in honestly, but with a different environment in mind.

To new, unknown situations I seem to be deeply INTP.

90%, 70%, 50%, 50% ish

But in somewhat familiarized settings, or trusted environments, I can quickly turn into a fully blown ENTP, (upto 70% expressed extravert in some cases. Usually 30-50%)

And occasionally, I can put myself to be ENTP in any unknown situation if I gather the courage for it, but only if I believe it to be important in one way or another. And once going it quickly becomes natural as well. So it isn't really like 'acting' that much. Which is a good thing, because I am a terrible actor. :p

I was wondering if anyone here that has a bit better grasp of the way these personality types are made could help me figure out how I could best classify my personality with this test. Or perhaps know of a better test or means to find out. I've only learned about these tests a week ago, so I'm pretty new to the concept. Though it interests me greatly. :)

INTPs can be very sociable when they feel they are safe. Also we communicate with Ne which is the primary function of the ENTP

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ooh, read it.

Dominant Function: Introverted Thinking section:
dead on, I even chuckled and mayhaps let an evil cackle slip through too while reading that.

Secondary Function: Extraverted Intuition section:
I can see myself in it, but I think I take this a slight step up from what was described. Particularly the discussion bit. I often start discussions with myself even, in my head, to seek truth. Sentence for sentence though, not word for word. I just think of the 'idea' of the sentence I'm at without needing to think about all the words to discuss with myself. *nod* Though first three words of the sentence does often surface extra in my head. But that's more for a means to stave off major brain-derail.
The bits about trust are kinda wrong though. Although it was not so in the past, when I did have trust issues, in both directions. But I've since put less stock in trust in general, and I suppose I rely on my Ne a lot for it nowadays. I don't expect much in terms of trust from the people I know.

Tertiary Function: Introverted Sensing section:
I don't see myself much in this section. I see some stuff that match me. Altho I can be nostalgic at times and have a thing for the past. In no way I'm as concerned about it as the section on that site describes. I never have problems throwing old stuff away and I rarely, if ever, get attached to any material item that has lost its usefulness. That said tho. I regularly reread some of my poetry, or stories. Or look up certain logs, pictures, etc.

I often think of the time, have the time in my head, check my watch, and notice the time on my watch is the exact same time I was thinking about. I don't look on my watch every minute either. Only about 5-10 times a day average if I had to guess. So that bit is quite true though. :p

I'm very introverted thinking and also very extraverted intiution, no doubt. But my teriary:introverted sensing, is quite low if I say so myself.

Inferior Function: Extraverted Feeling section:
In my opinion this one is more developped then the INTP's supposedly tertiary function. Altho some things written on the site are truely dead on. (For example, choosing the music that fits the mood I am in, and not being interested in music (much) that don't fit the mood. Altho to some extent, I have been able to affect the mood by listening to music. But only if the music is just that damned good, or if my mind wanders to an idea of how things could have been. In which my actual mood doesn't change, but I just pretend to be 'elsewhere' so to speak. Like day dreaming.

But the way it describes the INTP's feeling to, when emotions do show, come out in a childlike state is not entirely right for me. I'm not completely black and white in this regard as the essay suggests. And in no way am I desperate to hide all of my feelings. Altho this was true when i was much younger. I've had people tell me I'm quite in touch with my feminin side. And I assume they mean my occasional release of emotions. Usually through words on paper. But in no way do I try to de-personalize the feelings I've put into such things as poetry. In fact, those feelings and emotions are very unique and important to me.

So in short.

Introverted Thinking, very well developped
Extraverted Intuition, very well developped
Introverted Sensing, present but possibly underdevelopped
Extraverted Feeling, over-developped, maybe even my Tertiary?

You sound like an INTP that's embraced your extroverted side.

Yeah, it's more about the role of how you use the functions, as opposed to the strength of the functions. For example, the tertiary function acts as a relief function. The way you say you get quiet in unknown settings is likely the draw of Si, but you consciously reject it and unleash your Ne, which also brings out Fe as a side effect. See this article.

Basically it seems you've kinda rejected the temptation of your Si

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound like an INTP that's embraced your extroverted side.

Yeah, it's more about the role of how you use the functions, as opposed to the strength of the functions. For example, the tertiary function acts as a relief function. The way you say you get quiet in unknown settings is likely the draw of Si, but you consciously reject it and unleash your Ne, which also brings out Fe as a side effect. See this article.

Basically it seems you've kinda rejected the temptation of your Si

Thanks for that, that was very clarifying. I got the grasp of it all now and it makes a lot more sense to me than it did a while ago. I believe you're right.

In a dull situation or whatever situation where I do not feel the need for Ne I will most definatly use Si as teriary. I'm sure of that. But I get a kick out of embracing Ne and it gets me further quite some times, most specifically in the strive to self-betterment. By learning and embracing new situations I could not analyze. But usually can afterwards.

To be able to learn and improve, so I can strive for a better me. Definatly sounds like me, and how that link describes it.
It feels like all the pieces off the puzzle fall into place. I can suddenly rationalize all my tendencies and past experiences.

\o/

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ow it's quite easy really, an entp never doubt his type. We just think 'i'm awesome\entp' or something.

yes, it's that bad. >_<

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
hi, didnt read the op or anyones response :D

i find when my entp friend and i are one on one, i liven up and the entp calms down. if our group suddenly started increasing, our energy levels would switch at say about 4/5 people. the bigger the group, the louder the entp is and the quieter i am.
theyre hard to tell apart because theyre using the same functions. when in a smallish group of friends we're both comfortable with, it can be hard to tell which is which or if we're even different.

dont stress on it, the I/E thing matters the least (with the expection of early impressions and interactions); you both have the same functions at your disposal.

you can usually tell by how long you can be E for and how long you can be I for. i could keep my enpt and esfj friends (both very high in E) enthralled but only for a short time, then i would crash and stop responding to waht they said. if the bell rang id fly out of the class room with them trailing behind.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTP, seems like ESTP at times. you know it when you are an EP.
INTP seems like Bill Gates, thinker ,philosopher , heavy Ti analysis

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty sure I'm an INTP that overcomes the seduction of my natural tertiary Si and utilize my more devellopped Ne function instead. :)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pretty sure I'm an INTP that overcomes the seduction of my natural tertiary Si and utilize my more devellopped Ne function instead. :)

Ne is great. Especially when it teams up with Fe. :D