• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] nts, do you hold anything sacred in your life?

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
i'm curious.

(i do not mean in a religious sense, but that of a spiritual or even unexplained/mysterious realm of consciousness or regard. however, feel free to discuss any associations or beliefs that come up.) something inviolable, even maybe if logic or reason does not substantiate such a belief. (i don't even know where i'm going with this, but maybe you do. let your imagination and curiosity run wild. i want to invite as many lenses of interpretation as possible. :))

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
The balance of nature and the irony of life.
Also my integrity.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That's actually a very good question.

And I can't think of an answer. I wonder if that's bad.

Now you've done it! Given me something to think about for the next couple days. *Locks self in room*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I gave it some thought. And though I wanted to answer with standard answers or bullshit you I cam up with nothing. Then I started to think about what keeps me alive at all and I came to a conclusion.

The most sacred besides my family I hold is life itself. That's bullshit I know, but it's the truth

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I gave it some thought. And though I wanted to answer with standard answers or bullshit you I cam up with nothing. Then I started to think about what keeps me alive at all and I came to a conclusion.

The most sacred besides my family I hold is life itself. That's bullshit I know, but it's the truth

:yes: that.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My personal integrity is a good one. My will to live, and basic care for other human life.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Define "sacred"?

that's just it .. i don't even know. the definition is so fluid and not easily demarcated. i would like to know your definition. :)

it's like there are all these "theories" out there about the nature of humanity and existence. ie, either we're wired to certain behaviors, we're just chemical neuro-transmitters, family is just some socio-anthropological way of transmitting status and values, etc, etc.. all these explanations have some form of truth but also reveal exceptions to the rule as well.

do you believe, for example, that the universe is inherently rational? that it will someday be completely understood by science? that we are getting closer and closer to discovering the laws that govern existence and will explain all outliers? that there is always a larger pattern, regardless of whether we have discovered it yet? do you believe in something profoundly mysterious or mystical or that there exists a spiritual level of the human experience? have you ever experienced anything strange, unexplainable, or "divine?" sorry i am just responding with more questions. :D

hm.. maybe what i'm trying to say is until we discover (or regardless of) "universal truths," there are some things that i value deeply such as personal concepts of human rights, respect for life, and a sense of "balance". there are certain realities and ideals that i subscribe to and that enrich my life irrespective of anthropological or scientific reductionist explanations as to why they are purely mechanical or just bullshit. i enjoy certain abstract, bullshit ideas without any need for them to be grounded in reality, simply because they bring new colors into my existence, transform the way i see the world, and keep things interesting. in the end, what really matters?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
What about "anything"? Tangible-intangible? Family goes without saying. For most anyway. Obvious things? Unobvious things?

theplacesyoullgo

I'm bad about bitching about friends to other friends (although I've gotten better, and most everything I say isn't genuinely malicious), but I will absolutely go out of my way to honor a commitment to a good friend of mine and make sure s/he's happy. I'm usually the one who gives more to the friendship than the other person.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Truth.

I gots me a religious fervour about that one. The idea that it's absolute, and it's there.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Truth.

I gots me a religious fervour about that one. The idea that it's absolute, and it's there.

woah that's exactly how i feel about ignorance! :worthy: i drape myself in it. :D it's silky!
IGNORANCE IS SALVATION, DON'T LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE.:D

Frank

family of course and as shallow as it sounds being my own boss. I love waking up every day calling the shots and determining the direction my day will take. For me it is very freeing to not march to the beat of another's drum.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Some things are sacred in life.

I was meditating , and I realized I see infinity in almost everything. Time and energy always exist as long as your brain is functional, no matter what happens.

I am trying to figure out what it is like to experience death.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think free thought is sacred to me. The ability to share ideas and beliefs without getting upset and taking things personally--that is important to me. I hate when people just refuse to open their minds to new possibilities and new ways of thinking. And I really hate when egos and credentials and ideologies get in the way of that.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My family.
Integrity.
Life-long learning.
Nature.
Health.
Independence.

I cannot emphasize that last one enough.