• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] nts, do you hold anything sacred in your life?

LucrativeSid

I thought about it for about 3 minutes and I think these three things pretty much cover everything I hold sacred. Truth, integrity, and will. Everything else either fits into one of those three categories or it's not sacred by me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just about all of Buddha's quotes. Religion wise I only take the valuable life lessons from the religions to build my morals and values, but otherwise then that I'm pretty much a free thinker. Atheïst.

I also have a good luck charm! *nod* Very un-NT I think, but it's a very special charm. A 3 cm long tiny deer antler I found by accident and luck when I was young. :p

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My relationship with my husband, which I see as different and on a different level than with my children. Not higher or lower but they have different priorities. My independence and freedom. Lifelong learning and curiosity.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm...good question. When you say "sacred", the only way I can contextualize that word is to think of it in terms of "things that I wouldn't have the capacity to mock". For many people, that would first and foremost include some sort of religious belief.

For me, this definition excludes most aspects of my life (including work, self, institutions, social systems in general), but when I sort everything out according to the above definition of "sacred", I find I am left with beauty, and only beauty. Beauty (or, if you want to play semantics, the more appropriate word is probably the "sublime"), manifested fleetingly in everything from interactions with people to sensations to ideas...when I perceive it, I can't joke about it. And I don't perceive it all that often, at least not in the overwhelming sublime sense of the word. I call that sacred.

Wow, that sounded NF (though I am a 5w4, so it sort of fits).

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Passion "its what makes life worth living"
2. Optimism "on average, tomorrow will be better than yesterday"
3. Perseverance "that which we achieve through hardship, is almost always treasured more than that which was achieved easily"
4. Relentless Pursuit of Truth "i will ALWAYS, prefer the red pill"
5. Individual Freedom
6. Achievement
7. Physical and Mental Health
8. Music
"though it may be tempting to praise 'art' in general, music has that special ability to raise hairs, completely galvanize the soul, and physically affect your mood and vitality in a matter of seconds"

These are in no particular order, though it may appear that way.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
That which uplifts me: natural beauty that is true and/or surprising, a really moving book or movie (rare), someone giving me an unanticipated compliment that really warms me... and that feeling I get when it is windy and cool with leaves blowing down the street, giddiness at the perfect feeling of being light as a feather inside.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think free thought is sacred to me. The ability to share ideas and beliefs without getting upset and taking things personally--that is important to me.

Same here. Freedom of thought, flexibility in thinking, open-mindedness are sacred to me.

And life, concerning especially those groups that are in a lesser position in our societies: women, children, animals, the elderly, the poor... I feel the need to protect them and think that equality should be the goal for all living beings.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Truth.
  • Beauty.
  • Freedom/Autonomy.
  • Open-mindedness.
  • Coherence and pattern-recognition.
  • Equality/Balance.
  • The growth process.
  • Courage.
  • Relentless commitments to reality.
  • Sacrifice.
  • Perception/Discernment.
  • Grace.
  • Respect/Kindness.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
not really.
Though I do enjoy a good joke

and that 'sacred' thing is kind of a very blurry term, smells of cultural relativism with a pinch of self delusional bullshit on the top.

yum yum

L

Lasting_Pain

• Truth.
  • Beauty.
  • Freedom/Autonomy.
  • Open-mindedness.
  • Coherence and pattern-recognition.
  • Equality/Balance.
  • The growth process.
  • Courage.
  • Relentless commitments to reality.
  • Sacrifice.
  • Perception/Discernment.
  • Grace.
  • Respect/Kindness.

You have a very long list, it must of developed over a long period of time.

R

Riva

well i am non materialistic.

so i guess it's my ability to unconditionally love all things and everyone around me.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes, lots of things. Does anyone really think NTs don't give a serious crap about anything?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I hold many things sacred. Fleshing them into logical structure doesn't necessary have to meet the 'requirements' that I hold other entities to. To do so would be to reduce my sense of individuality I try to associate with important variables in my world. The misguided sense of control that this creates alleviates my internal dialog that would otherwise incapacitate my reason with unfounded anxiety and fear. All people do this. Survival is important...

Personalizing one's world is a hallmark feature of being human, while recognizing the inherent vulnerabilities this realization creates, our individual thumbprints.