• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Communication with an ENTJ?

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
I'm digging up these ENTJ topics and answering them. Hope you don't mind. I like to talk about myself :D

@Mystical_Spaghetti, don't worry about an ENTJ's opinion about you, because being unsure is exactly what the ENTJ might not like about you. We have a great thirst for knowledge and you'll notice our eyes start shining when there's a debate going on. We love sharing knowledge and try to steer the most ordinary conversations into something productive, into an exchange of valuable information, not pointless small talk.

Try to make conversations an exchange of knowledge and an ENTJ will come back to you waving his/her tail like a puppy waiting for food.

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4
I agree with anyone that mentioned not beating around the bush. I'm honest, and I appreciate honesty. The "yes man" is okay but gets really annoying really quick, and anyone that says with confidence what they really think is pretty engaging, as long as they're not arrogant jerks.
Other than that, sporadic conversations and new or thoughtful topics are always a good thing. :D

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Well, ENTJs do like talking about things they know stuff about. They like researching those things. One thing that irritates me about my ENTJ sister is how much fun she gets out of researching colleges, Peace Corps., and various other things, which is fine...until it becomes a hobby that lasts hours at a time.

So, if you don't want to spend every waking minute discussing politics, find something that you both think is funny. ENTJs that I know enjoy some good humor. And they're pretty weird. That's a good place to start if you want to break some ice without immediately throwing yourself into heavy discussion, especially because ENTJs can come on pretty strong. Get comfortable first and foremost so you can be confident (obviously, they like that ;) )

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Communication with ENTJs is the best, if you are a good listener :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm... why do I get the feeling another set of sisters is on the forum now?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
when it comes to getting close we need critical people.
Not someone who will accept every idea that pops into our head.

ENTJ, value those type of critical relationships because we tend to make hasty decisions. Having another point of view provides us with perspective.

I agree. I don't think I'm ENTJ, but I think I have a lot of ENTJ traits in me, and I really enjoy being confronted. I used to have several people who worked under me, and the ones I felt closest to were the ones who would argue with all of my ideas. In practice, as a boss, I wasn't much of an Enforcer. But I always wanted to be. Argument-as-sport always gave me an outlet for my Enforcer inclinations without actually turning me into a tyrant. That's true of all of my relationships, not just work-related. I always respect the people I can fight with and tend to value their opinions more.

Sorry, Mystical, I would imagine that's a very difficult type for most INFPs to deal with.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
and female ENTJs love to talk about how "all guys want" her.

Communication with ENTJs is the best, if you are a good listener :)

:rofl1: my sister is just like this.

My sis is an ENTJ and she is very blunt, even more than I am, which is extremely funny (and extremely not appreciated by the rest of our family). She can also be quite mean if she doesn't get her way, or if you promise something you don't deliver. We get along wonderfully but people either love her or hate her, no in between - always a strong reaction. And while I don't notice how I affect people, she simply doesn't care. She's so bad ass.

The best way to talk to her about things is either to come at her with pure facts, or pure comedy (she loves to laugh). But don't do or say anything that is half assed or full of holes because she has very little patience or tolerance for stupidity. As with myself, if you can add to her knowledge base in some way, she will become very enamored with you.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Speak simply about complicated things.
Don't try to encase things with analogies or merely longer words when it could be said simply.
Stimulating conversation is a must; politics, sciences, arts and sports are all vested interests.
And if you don't enjoy arguments for the shear fun of it, then don't argue, because you get back exactly what you give in a an ENTJ conversation.