• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
They're like mental termines...keep analyzing an idea until it collaspes. I guess this can be taken the wrong way.

Keep analizing an idea until it collapses in the individual mind. Yet still properly maintained and usable for the others. With close attention payed to maintaining idealistics (NF) and detail (SJ). Don't have to worry about (SP). They already understand an idea can't be collapsed. Because they can always reproduce it, and remind us (NT) what it was again.

(SJ) is so dang high maintenance though.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTPs will appear insecure because we are emotional retards and extremely logical. Also very antisocial generally.

ENTPs will appear to be insecure because of their larger than life personalities. Most people like that act that way to hide their problems whereas ENTPs are geniuly like that much to the suprise of most people.

xNTPs are generally the sort of people who appear insecure but really i don't see any obvious reason why they would be.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi.

I disagree with you.

Plox provide evidence for your claims.

Thank you and have a good day.

It was Empirical, but
as a general rule signs of insecurity:
1. Defensiveness
2. Excessive Joking -- lol
3. Self Promoting -- lol
4. Bullying -- in the case of intp, intellectual bullying

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I really think CJ99 hit on it. Just because someone doens't "fit" what we are "supposed" to be doesn't make them insecure.

L

Lasting_Pain

Disagree.

ENTPs might want to be adored, but this isn't our life force.

INTPs might want to... be... um... looked up to... but... they're more than happy to be all INTJ-in-the-corner-alone-in-their-superior-thoughts-and-entertaining-themselves-with-it.

XNTPs.

N doesn't notice.
T sees past it.
P can flow with it, or from it.

I approve of this post.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
It was Empirical, but
1. Defensiveness
3. Self Promoting -- lol

Yes. I totally agree with this. Absolutely. Yes.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I do not bully people. It is just people in general lack intelligence, so they have no option but to fear or be imitated by your level of intelligence.

I tend to think that people are fairly intelligent due to hundred of years of evolution.

Only the fittest survive.

Most things can't be proven right or wrong.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm.. I dated an INTP for 3+ years, and we're still pretty close. We're a -lot- alike, but he's definitely a lot more into theoretical things and always hungry for intellectual conversation. He's absolutely brilliant. Definitely has more intellectual depth (at least when it comes to science and money.. haha) than most 23-year-olds I've met. I'm not usually interested in the same things he is (I love science and math, but get bored with theory, which is what he likes), but I know he needs someone to listen to him, so I always do my best. He actually is insecure (NOT saying all INTPs are), but mostly because I think he feels like he can't relate to anyone. He can't find anyone to talk about all his interests with him, and thus feels lonely a lot. He often voices that he doesn't know what he wants out of life, or that he simply can't find his calling. So maybe if you met an INTP that -was- insecure, this may be a pretty legit reason?

Maybe I should get him on here to talk to all you other INTPs ;) Oh, and if you other INTPs have any advice for him, I'll be happy to relay it... :p

G

garbage

Here's some empirical evidence for a thing. Let me know if you agree or disagree. But if you disagree, I'm going to keep pressing for some reason.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It was Empirical, but
1. Defensiveness

Don't do this often.

I certainly joke a lot. Excessive though? Wouldn't that be entirely subjective? I don't think it's excessive, though naturally others will disagree.

3. Self Promoting -- lol

Um... As opposed to running the risk of not being promoted at all? Don't do this much anyway.

Don't do this either. I genuinely don't care enough to bully. If I see someone as inferior, I'm much more likely to ignore than bully.

And yes, that's not very good evidence. Unbacked assertions don't prove anything.

Frank

Setting someone up doesn't mean they've gone out of their way to do it, though. It doesn't imply much effort, especially because it's fairly easy for them to do it--unless of course the target isn't easy and is good game. Or maybe they're incredibly bored. Eh. If they've got a handle on Fe they're slyer with their manipulation.

Seething? lol I doubt they'd care if their intelligence is questioned. I think what they'd care is that they're being questioned by someone of an 'obvious' lesser kind. But there is no seething. If they ever get irritated it's mostly against the object when they can't figure something/one out. They don't go after easier targets on principle. The thrill comes from obstacles. If you're easy prey or have become figured out, you're no longer interesting. They'll likely ignore you or prod you into making a big/ger fool of yourself (through Fe) just for a quickie laugh. And when finished with the quick n'easy bake, they'll toss the cake aside and ignore you for good.

Well your opinions are nice in theory but do not stack up to the reality of the entps I know. I've known these individuals for fifteen years and yes they do in fact seethe, lol, when their intelligence is questioned. In fact they do so the most when it is done by one of our group who is much more intelligent than they are. Also contrary to your theory, when putting on a "show" they do go after the weakest of the bunch. They seem to get a perverse joy out of completely dominating the poor bastard mentally.

Wait- here's a novel idea. Maybe anyone of any type can be insecure and it will just manifest differently dependant on the individual!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I understand the feeling of disconnect that INTPs may feel, as I feel that often as an INFP. That feeling may lead to insecurity. Of course, I think they enjoy being different at the same time. So it depends on how much they let the outside world get to them.

The INTP I knew well enough to type was very insecure, but also very unhealthy. He definitely had an elitist attitude and thought most people are stupid, and it reeked of insecurity.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

Let me know if you agree or disagee with me.

What's your solution Dr. Phil?

Qre:us

I judge from their need to berate others not necessarily, anybody said their insecure.

Says the ENTJ.

Even talking about how logical you are, in it self is insecure.

You'll dont countersignal well.

If it's the truth, it ain't bragging.

So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

To truly try to know, is to know how much you don't know. You know?