• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Mao [...] By official stats he was overlord to 1 out of 4 people in the world. (And had a lot of them killed.)

Solipsists ....

are T-dominant people more likely to be affected by that kind of narcissism?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
To this day, ENTPs still think they are inferior to ENTJs. If you are an ENTP and still thinking like this, you are beyond hope.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJ, easily. Most aggressive, domineering, intimidating force I know of. :blush:

INFJ are intimidated by a lot of people. No doubt ENTJ intimidate a lot of people, but they will not intimidate an ENTP, which is why they like us despite themselves.

In terms of force, the difference is that ENTP's are more facile. ENTJ are like bulldozers. ENTP are like mind control rays, or say...hypnotoads.

ok, let's tell you about the last time i worked with an entj.
It was a school project, so not getting paid and being supposed to work alot.

The entj kind of had total control over all the phases of the project, worked more than the rest of the team together and yadiyada.

I had the 'outsider consultant' vibe, my opinion and insights were just as important but I was focused on erm, doing the less possible work while giving the illusion of being a very important part of the team.

So in the end we both got what we wanted the way we wanted it.

Yes. I do not understand this ENTJ need to be a part of the borg collective.

ENTJs.

In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.

This is the INTP envy of ENTP social skills in full view.

I don't doubt that ENTPs have the talent to be powerful. I just think that they're motivated differently. ENTJs work consistently to be powerful. I don't feel the same edge from ENTPs.

It's a different type of power. ENTJ feel more powerful as part of the borg collective. ENTP feel powerful when they learn the secret language of the universe. Napoleon versus Faust.

Yea kind of.

for instance this is a difference between the type in a chess game

ENTP: have no plan, move randomly and slowly learn from experience and the changing circumstances

ENTJ: device a perfect plan for checkmate, and ruthlessly follow that plan, but cannot react when certain variables work against them.

ENTJ cannot handle the unexpected. This is what makes them so boring sometimes.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
To this day, ENTPs still think they are inferior to ENTJs. If you are an ENTP and still thinking like this, you are beyond hope.

There is no inferiority or superiority based upon type.

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Please define "powerful".

Strength? Physical strength? Type's irrelevent
Ability to complete projects... meet goals/milestones? ENTJ
Inventor, genius? ENTP

High five! Totally agree with you:hi:

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP

Those who think who is inferior or not is sad. I don't know why the hell we even have is forum. Why do we need to know who is more powerful? Hitler was powerful but was that good? If we focus on this bullshit then we're just being a fucken dictator. That is why I have a liking to NFs. Maybe sometime we just need love.

Frank

The posts in this thread lead me to believe that some of you must know some people who fit the stereotypical definitions to a tee. Either that or some of you must take your own type definition so seriously that you accept it as all you will ever be. I've read in this thread that entjs cannot adapt, they seek power like ravenous whores, entps are inept and disinterested in advancement blah, blah blah. Personally I know I'm an entj by function preference but have to laugh at all these ideas on how I am supposed to be. Maybe if you caught me at twelve years old I would have been closer to the person some of you describe, but life moves fast and has many lessons that have shaped my development much more than these stereotypes presume. I'll bet 5 to 1 I'm not alone on this either.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The posts in this thread lead me to believe that some of you must know some people who fit the stereotypical definitions to a tee. Either that or some of you take your own type definition and accept that as all you will ever be. I've read in this thread that entjs cannot adapt, they seek power like ravenous whores, entps are inept and disinterested in advancement blah, blah blah. Personally I know I'm an entj by function preference but have to laugh at all these ideas on how I am supposed to be. Maybe if you caught me at twelve years old I would have been closer to the person some of you describe, but life moves fast and has many lessons that have shaped my development much more than these stereotypes presume. I'll bet 5 to 1 on not alone on this either.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I suppose Te and Se are generally considered as functions that make people "powerful", especially in the leading block. In my experience, ESTPs and ENTJs are the two types that can be commonly thought about as "tough" or "powerful" or whatever.

R

Riva

I suppose Te and Se are generally considered as functions that make people "powerful", especially in the leading block. In my experience, ESTPs and ENTJs are the two types that can be commonly thought about as "tough" or "powerful" or whatever.

you didn't read any of the other posts did you? you just read the original post and replied to it?:)

tough is not power. tough could be interpreted as unbending, stubborn and inflexible. but it could no way be considered to be powerful.

but if you describe powerful to be - "standing your ground against all odds" then tough is definitely powerful. then you've got your winner ESTP/ESTJ.

but then again Se nor Te is what makes you tough. INFJs have neither (they have Se as their least developed function) but they could be tougher than a 'cornered tiger' when they believe that somethings worth fighting for.

so Se is not what makes you tough.
there you go, i just proved that Se doesn't mean powerful.

your other point was that Te is associated with tough and power. i again have to point out that if you believe tough to be power you've got your winner ENTJ.

but tough is not power.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

actaully YOU DIDNT! :D that INFJ inferior Se, is completely unleashed with 'no holds barred' and you get to see the full power of Se.... Se is exactly what makes them powerful. Its the same reason why ENTJs can become insanely Fi about strange things like 'their country', they go 'no holds barred' on Fi

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
you didn't read any of the other posts did you? you just read the original post and replied to it?:)

tough is not power. tough could be interpreted as unbending, stubborn and inflexible. but it could no way be considered to be powerful.

but if you describe powerful to be - "standing your ground against all odds" then tough is definitely powerful. then you've got your winner ESTP/ESTJ.

but then again Se nor Te is what makes you tough. INFJs have neither (they have Se as their least developed function) but they could be tougher than a 'cornered tiger' when they believe that somethings worth fighting for.

your other point was that Te is associated with tough and power. i again have to point out that if you believe tough to be power you've got your winner ENTJ.

but tough is not power.

Yeah, I didn't read the whole topic. Anyway, it's not something you can "logically prove", as you're doing. I was just adding my observation; maybe it's wrong, maybe it's true only near my city. Who knows? I didn't mean to create an explicit logical rule. I don't think that tough people are always the most powerful, far from it, but they often appear - at first glance - to be the most powerful, on average.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
First off, you would need to find an ENTP that had the desire to do something at 100% as opposed to wanting to know they could. This is why we're the inventor, not the inventor who produces, markets and sells his own product, gets rich and retires. The reality is that we would invent a time machine and once we got it to work we'd forget about it and stick it in a closet someplace to collect dust while we invented a more efficient lawn mower.

Additionally the ENTP would know and be in the top 90% of everything he ever attempted to do. This isn't my ego, this is a fact that I can back up. The ENTJ would know and be in the top 100% of one or maybe a few things.

In the end, I think both would dominate in different ways not allowing for a clear cut winner. The demise of the ENTP would be the lack of follow through and for the ENTJ it would be how rigid they were. The ENTP would be at an advantage I think when it came to reading people and say fundraising, the ENTJ would be able to put that money to better use. I could go on and on for hours but I've already lost interest in this topic.

lane777

nevermore
The bolded, yes, I think, this is getting dang close to what one could define as power. But, I don't think it's just mere influence.

It's a combination of influence with getting things done.

Or, to put it more simply: power is the ability (and to what degree) to bring about change.

I agree with the above.

But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.