• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
now that Im ENFJ. I have a confession to make:
--when I was labeling as an ENTJ, I actually tested ENTP most of the time (not saying i was ENTP)
--now that im no longer labeling as an ENTJ, I'd like to admit the ENTP superiority.

Mods, can we get my vote moved? :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's what you say that matters in the end ! Tho my dog tags keep on reading entj aswell all the time I still rather like to play the drunk sniper clown in the company

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTPs are more powerful on the internet.. that's worth something... right?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't want power. Just eternal life. And a million descendants.

dbbag85

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm not sure how trust worthy the mbti is in general. I score ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTP. There is a newer theory on this called cognitive styles. However in my experience ENTP's and ENTJ's are quite different. An ENTJ's power would probably be their pragmatic approach, and ability to sacrifice anything including their own souls to make their plans reality. Performance wise Im gonna have to go with an ENTJ. ENTP's on the other hand atleast seem to have better man skills. Their a little better at improvising and just running with it if you know what i mean. Ive met more than a few ENTJ's who seemed a bit uptight. And ENTP's seem to lack this weakness. Ive also noticed other ENTJs who seem to be more controlling and manipulative than me. Ive always enjoyed doing things on my own, without help from others. And a few ENTJs i know dont mind being dependent on others.

I'll define a of types strengths (I think that should be the term not power)

ENTJ- Task oriented/Performance machine/perfectionism/bulldozer/future oriented
ENTP- More people oriented improviser/future oriented/arrogant/dynamic
ESTJ- People/control oriented/Get shit done/here and now oriented/normal
INTJ- Mastermind for a reason, Best plans, Incredible insight, less desire to control others

Their all powerful in different ways, although I believe mbti is rather momentary and people switch around quite a bit

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs are more powerful on the internet.. that's worth something... right?

Hey, I didn't win this National Trolling Championship '09 trophy for nothin'!

I'm not sure how trust worthy the mbti is in general. I score ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTP. There is a newer theory on this called cognitive styles. However in my experience ENTP's and ENTJ's are quite different. An ENTJ's power would probably be their pragmatic approach, and ability to sacrifice anything including their own souls to make their plans reality. Performance wise Im gonna have to go with an ENTJ. ENTP's on the other hand atleast seem to have better man skills. Their a little better at improvising and just running with it if you know what i mean. Ive met more than a few ENTJ's who seemed a bit uptight. And ENTP's seem to lack this weakness. Ive also noticed other ENTJs who seem to be more controlling and manipulative than me. Ive always enjoyed doing things on my own, without help from others. And a few ENTJs i know dont mind being dependent on others.

I'll define a of types strengths (I think that should be the term not power)

ENTJ- Task oriented/Performance machine/perfectionism/bulldozer/future oriented
ENTP- More people oriented improviser/future oriented/arrogant/dynamic
ESTJ- People/control oriented/Get shit done/here and now oriented/normal
INTJ- Mastermind for a reason, Best plans, Incredible insight, less desire to control others

Their all powerful in different ways, although I believe mbti is rather momentary and people switch around quite a bit

Well you're absolutely right that the tests are crap. Myers and Briggs tried to take complex Jungian ideas and simplify them into a 20-minute questionnaire. Unfortunately, Jung's cognitive functions are not really something that can be accurately tested, so it's impossible to take a test that can tell you your type. The only way you can find that out is by studying and reading about the functions.

You also make a good point that various types are powerful in different ways. When it comes to exerting the most wide-reaching socioeconomic, governmental or corporate control over others, though, I'm afraid we have to give the trophy to the ENTJs (with INTJs a close second.)

It's actually a myth that INTJs are less interested in controlling people--they're just really good at getting you to do what they want without you figuring out they're doing it. :laugh:

You're also correct that there is a good amount of personal variation within each type. Two people of the same type can show vastly different characteristics depending on present conditions, past experiences and lots of other variables...but what unites them is their similar preferences for cognitive perspectives. The same cognitive preferences can lead to very different lifestyles, but there will be common threads in terms of the most basic conceptualizations of the self and its relationship to the external world.

I don't think people change type very often, though--they certainly do operate from different functional perspectives at different times, but in most cases Jung's models allow for this to happen without changing type.

If you want to get out of the kiddie pool you should move beyond MBTI and look at Jung :)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENTP potentially and when they put their mind to it, but ENTJ appears moreso in normal day to day behaviour.

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
INFJ are intimidated by a lot of people. No doubt ENTJ intimidate a lot of people, but they will not intimidate an ENTP, which is why they like us despite themselves.

In terms of force, the difference is that ENTP's are more facile. ENTJ are like bulldozers. ENTP are like mind control rays, or say...hypnotoads.

Yes. I do not understand this ENTJ need to be a part of the borg collective.

This is the INTP envy of ENTP social skills in full view.

It's a different type of power. ENTJ feel more powerful as part of the borg collective. ENTP feel powerful when they learn the secret language of the universe. Napoleon versus Faust.

ENTJ cannot handle the unexpected. This is what makes them so boring sometimes.

Lol? ENTJ's are very versitile; they take the unexpected and deal with it in stride. You foolish ENTP's always seem to view us as narrow minded when we're really just an ENTP who gives more of a shit about their surroundings. We cannot fool you but you you cannot fool us either.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brutal decision making would probably beat a conjurer of ideas. Ideas take some time to reach reality. An ENTP might use unpredictable strategies, take risks that may or may not pay off. But an ENTJ might have a bit more determination when it comes to sticking with one idea that they think will pay off eventually. It's hard to say who would win because you're throwing something unpredictable into an unpredictable mix.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
The ENTP downfall would be if we got bored and just walked away.

Ayeaye

ENTP Although as there isn't such a person IE: NTP draw.

Only NTP's Exist.

Carl Yung knew this he was just pulling your leg, Why?

For a laugh :)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This thread is turning into a spitting contest.

I see no point in participating it.

Lol? ENTJ's are very versitile; they take the unexpected and deal with it in stride. You foolish ENTP's always seem to view us as narrow minded when we're really just an ENTP who gives more of a shit about their surroundings. We cannot fool you but you you cannot fool us either.

You know what, I truly give a fuck.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
What is this power we're speaking of? We seem to all have our own definitions, but all that ends up doing is confirming our own predisposed thoughts.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
What is this power we're speaking of? We seem to all have our own definitions, but all that ends up doing is confirming our own predisposed thoughts.

Yeah, this thread is basically just a shouting contest to see who has the biggest mouth. Don't you just love it.

HAAAAHHH... HAAAAHHH... HAAAAHHH... I'm beating you!

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This thread is turning into a spitting contest.

I see no point in participating it.

You know what, I truly give a fuck.

We're winning the poll and thus are more powerful... the internet doesn't lie.