• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I am not going to fight a girl. :yes:

Unless you are one of those girls that are trying to be a man in the career ladder.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Sexism is clearly rooted in insecurity and fear. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
The sun and moon cannot share the same sky. Just as the tiger and the lion cannot share the same mountain. Thats my opinion anyway.

Well, the typical team work thing between me and my ENTJ's is that I use my formidable problem solving and lateral thinking skills, and enormous social network, to help them gain power over the things or people they want, in return for them using that power occasionally for my benefit. Works pretty well, on the whole. I help them get to high places cos they want to reach them and also cos I believe that they'll do good in them and make things better, whilst I don't want that power or position cos I don't want all the shit that goes with it (schedules, expectations, deadlines, procedures, less leisure time, etc), but it pays to have friends in high places, who owe you :D

I also help my ENTJ's to obtain and keep hold of greater autonomy in their working and social environments. And help pick them up from despair, which they're prone to falling into, when their plan doesn't go as they imagined it would - I find alternative solutions which they then tweak and enact. They help me by giving me a cause, and direction, and the regular friendly kicks up the butt that I need to knuckle down to doing the work that's needed to achieve my dreams. I've never found such successful or satisfying partnerships as I say, either in work, leisure or romance, as I have with ENTJ's. I've very successfully shared mountains as it were, with 4 of them in my life.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Meh, I let my ENTJ's have the power, since they want it.
I just manipulate behind the scenes - they can have all the power they can eat, but just not over me. I'll work with them or for them cos I want to, and no other reason. Once they learn that, we tend to have fantastic relationships - working, platonic and romantic, all tried and tested here! :D

So what happens when you work against them?

L

Lasting_Pain

It may be off topic, but out of all the NTs, the ENTJ will be the type that I would love to date.

But back on topic, I can't believe the ENTP is losing.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
So what happens when you work against them?

I don't think, to my knowledge, that I ever have, never felt the need to - my ENTJ's are generally benevolent tyrants lol and I've felt happy to support their aims as I've believed in them myself, too. I've had to work against various people and organisations in my life, and I've no idea as to the MBTI types of the people involved as I seldom met them. But I do know that when it comes to having to work against the powers that be, I tend to pwn them every time, except in a situation where they have the entire weight of governmental inflexible bureaucracy on their side, which rather tips the balance. My response to that is neither to fight it nor bow to it - I just walk away and find a new way to live my life that gives minimum influence to those things.

But even so, I have very often fought bureaucracy and won, in my life. Just recently in fact, I got paid compensation by our local government because they had hidden behind bureaucratic procedure in order to deny my human rights. And I didn't take it, as I never do. I don't mind though, in fact it's quite handy that at least once a year I have to lock horns with the bastards that would grind me down if they had their way. I always win, and it often results in a payout. I've furnished my dining room on government incompetency, and the battles can be quite exciting :D

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Unless you are one of those girls that are trying to be a man in the career ladder.

Good lord! Of course not!

*burns career woman on stake*

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think, to my knowledge, that I ever have, never felt the need to - my ENTJ's are generally benevolent tyrants lol and I've felt happy to support their aims as I've believed in them myself, too. I've had to work against various people and organisations in my life, and I've no idea as to the MBTI types of the people involved as I seldom met them. But I do know that when it comes to having to work against the powers that be, I tend to pwn them every time, except in a situation where they have the entire weight of governmental inflexible bureaucracy on their side, which rather tips the balance. My response to that is neither to fight it nor bow to it - I just walk away and find a new way to live my life that gives minimum influence to those things.

But even so, I have very often fought bureaucracy and won, in my life. Just recently in fact, I got paid compensation by our local government because they had hidden behind bureaucratic procedure in order to deny my human rights. And I didn't take it, as I never do. I don't mind though, in fact it's quite handy that at least once a year I have to lock horns with the bastards that would grind me down if they had their way. I always win, and it often results in a payout. I've furnished my dining room on government incompetency, and the battles can be quite exciting :D

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha!

Qre:us

But even so, I have very often fought bureaucracy and won, in my life.

Hecks ya!! Working the system that aims to work against you. Rush, I tell ya.

Got a speeding ticket on a 'community safety zone'.....and since I was in the process of eating a bagel, I didn't give two hoots interacting with the officer,[and aiming to work the situation then and there] so I took the ticket and finished off my bagel. However, it bugged the shyte out of me as the day progressed, as I've never gotten a ticket. So, for the hell of it, I decided to fight it.

I probably drove down that stretch of road like 10 times, in two days, just driving, and looking. And, lo and behold, what do I notice?

After like ever two powerline posts, a sign clearly marking, "Community Safety Zone, speeding limits enforced"....however, no sign of the ACTUAL speed for that zone (which turned out to be lower than on such 'main roads'). I even measured the distance between one speed limit sign and the next which was hella impractically far for anyone wanting to 'abide' by the rules. Bastards were tricking us, and there's always cops around that stretch, just waiting...! And, presented the case. Not only did I win, but, now they got speed signs all up on that mofo! :devil:

R

Riva

It may be off topic, but out of all the NTs, the ENTJ will be the type that I would love to date.

But back on topic, I can't believe the ENTP is losing.

ENTPs are not loosing the argument.

when people see the title they just come and vote. that's the first thing they do.

only after that do they go and read the posts and think why the hell didn't i think about that before i voted.

Frank

Well, the typical team work thing between me and my ENTJ's is that I use my formidable problem solving and lateral thinking skills, and enormous social network, to help them gain power over the things or people they want, in return for them using that power occasionally for my benefit. Works pretty well, on the whole. I help them get to high places cos they want to reach them and also cos I believe that they'll do good in them and make things better, whilst I don't want that power or position cos I don't want all the shit that goes with it (schedules, expectations, deadlines, procedures, less leisure time, etc), but it pays to have friends in high places, who owe you :D

I also help my ENTJ's to obtain and keep hold of greater autonomy in their working and social environments. And help pick them up from despair, which they're prone to falling into, when their plan doesn't go as they imagined it would - I find alternative solutions which they then tweak and enact. They help me by giving me a cause, and direction, and the regular friendly kicks up the butt that I need to knuckle down to doing the work that's needed to achieve my dreams. I've never found such successful or satisfying partnerships as I say, either in work, leisure or romance, as I have with ENTJ's. I've very successfully shared mountains as it were, with 4 of them in my life.

That does sound like a great combo. I've never known any entps irl that I'm aware of. Possibly my brother but he may lean more towards the f perspective. He definitely has a huge social network but I have never witnessed that confidence in his own ingenuity that seems to be pretty common among the entp on here.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm all talk, my ENTJ bro follows through, that makes him more powerful especially when it comes to instilling fear. For example, I tell someone that I'm gonna kill em, they laugh, my bro does and a look of dread comes over their face, rightly so.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP: Iz will pwn j00.
ENTJ: Look over there! Shiny object!
ENTP: Ooh! Where??? *looks away*
ENTJ: *pwns*

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Power= Current * Voltage

I'm voting for whichever would put their finger in a powerpoint first... which is hands down ENTP :rofl1:

I actually voted ENTJ, They are much more consistent, and actively seek power. ENTPs can't be the best at everything, ability is entirely relative, and mostly independent of MBTI as far as I know. ENTJ is the type that would most actively seek power, but not necessarily be powerful.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTJs because the ENTPs don't care as much.

But when an ENTP does care: ENTPs.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to think ENTP's because of their many endearing qualities :D

But unless the ENTP has someone to take care of the organization details however, I think I would rather have the ENTJ in power over the majority of ENTP's.

The ENTJ's also seem to have more want to get there.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ.

ENTPs are better looking, however.