• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

theplacesyoullgo

To this day, ENTPs still think they are inferior to ENTJs. If you are an ENTP and still thinking like this, you are beyond hope.

I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but just working off this thought, I get the feeling that most ENTJs feel inferior to ENTPs while, at the same time, most ENTPs feel ENTJs.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I agree with the above.

But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.

I entirely agree. :jew:

Mega Te makes you invincible. The stronger your J , the more powerful you become.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My subjective opinion: ENTJs. Straight off.

My objective opinion: from a lot of these posts, it seems as if most people are concluding that ENTPs basically have a drive when they want something, whereas ENTJs are simply naturally driven; that is, they cannot not be driven (I've seen the sentence "they cannot not lead" quite a few times before in ENTJ profiles - this is a similar thing).

What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.

It is pretty close, so I voted for the ENTP.

That's an awful rationale!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.

no offence, but BS in my opinion.

You are assuming a perciever has less drive than a judger, and you are assuming that you are more powerful than your counterpart because you have a bigger ego. I am not going to waste time arguing with you. You can go home and think about it yourself.

luisluis

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENTJ's statistically make more money....

and they are more orderly....

R

Riva

I agree with the above.

But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.

drive, power, orderly, aggressive..... do they have anything to do with power.

if power is simply described as the "power is the ability (and to what degree) to bring about change" does any of the above have got to do anything with it. yes aggression would drive you, drive would make you more well planned. but does it have anything to do with POWER?

and by the way when it comes to organized ENTPs get the back seat. but when it comes to planning(scheming) we are second to none.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.

R

Riva

I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.

OUCH.:9436:

not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
OUCH.:9436:

not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?

The only reason ENTPs might have an advantage on ENTJs, is that ENTPs rarely want something from us. However, most ENTJ plans require commitment from others. Therefor we don't have a lot of leverage on ENTPs.

R

Riva

The only reason ENTPs might have an advantage on ENTJs, is that ENTPs rarely want something from us. However, most ENTJ plans require commitment from others. Therefor we don't have a lot of leverage on ENTPs.

thats not true. when i want something done i need others to be a part of it. i don't need commitments. i guess that part is true. but i do need others.

ENTPs don't need to have the confidence that others are committed towards your goals. i think this is what you meant? ENTJs i have noticed need to have this sort of confidence.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
thats not true. when i want something done i need others to be a part of it. i don't need commitments. i guess that part is true. but i do need others.

ENTPs don't need to have the confidence that others are committed towards your goals. i think this is what you meant? ENTJs i have noticed need to have this sort of confidence.

That's not really what I meant at all.

ENTJs fundamentally want something from others. And, in a negotiation, the one that wants the deal more is in a weaker position. ENTPs, at times, exploit this advantage perfectly because they don't want to commit to an outcome. Hence, the avoidance strategies, as mentioned above. And, their good at it. ENTJs feel ENTPs are the "evil" type because they're are the most effective challenger to our personality.

As to your point of seeking confidence, that's true to an extent. IMO.

I also think that ENTJs have a secret attraction to ENTPs. You always want what you can't have. Haha :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ehhh.. I've taken down a few ENTJs in my time.

(buffs nails)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ENTPs are more chillin...theyll have more people support than ENTJs

ENTJs can try to manipulate people for what they want...realistically, and not based on rationalizations made on the internet, they can only manipulate people so far till people start realizing what the hell is going on...then all the credibility goes down the drain and ENTJs are left standing out in the rain.

ENTPs dont actually manipulate people consciously, it just ends up looking that way to the outsider...the person being 'manipulated' usually knows that he is in agreement with the ENTP even though the person's own principals feel a li'l stretched...so ENTPs cannot actually be called manipulative.
that said, there are times when ENTPs just tell someone to do something and dont bother reasoning with them cuz they have already had the debate in their head and reached a conclusion

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
ENTPs are more chillin...theyll have more people support than ENTJs

ENTJs can try to manipulate people for what they want...realistically, and not based on rationalizations made on the internet, they can only manipulate people so far till people start realizing what the hell is going on...then all the credibility goes down the drain and ENTJs are left standing out in the rain.

ENTPs dont actually manipulate people consciously, it just ends up looking that way to the outsider...the person being 'manipulated' usually knows that he is in agreement with the ENTP even though the person's own principals feel a li'l stretched...so ENTPs cannot actually be called manipulative.
that said, there are times when ENTPs just tell someone to do something and dont bother reasoning with them cuz they have already had the debate in their head and reached a conclusion

I agree with you a point. The difference really is: an unhealthy ENTJ manipulates, while a healthy ENTJ leads. And, yes there is a difference.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I agree with you a point. The difference really is: an unhealthy ENTJ manipulates, while a healthy ENTJ leads. And, yes there is a difference.

i can understand that

but you can't be a leader and not step on a few toes. so a manipulative ENTJ viewed as a leader comes across as a leader because the shrewdness associated with manipulations can be covered under the umbrella of leadership.

that will only work with people whom the ENTJ is leading. what happens when ENTJ tries this with a higher authority?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In the end power is just a definition :D

"Somewhere in the vast wide sea of the Atlantic Ocean a Captain steps down the ladder to the Engineering room. There the rather thin Captain finds three brawny oilily individuals playing poker.

The Captain: "Chief, have you finished the work on the leaking oil pipe ?"
The Chief: "Nope."
The Captain: "Why ?"
The Chief: "We are playing Poker."
The Captain: "And its not bugging you that all the oil totally ruins your card deck ?"
The Chief: "No we are playing guess whats my deck Poker !"
The Captain: "So who is winning ?"
The Chief: "Its Jack, he always got 4 Aces, but we are subjecting him to cheating !"

The Captain sulks in despair and climbs again the bridge, awaiting the large and devastating sound of 4 5000 HP diesel cyclinders crashing into their metal casing.

Later at night, while the captain sits in a dark corner with his head on his knees luffing forward and backward, the Chief enters the bridge.

The Chief: "Hey cap we fixed the oilpipe."
The Captain: "That's great Chief, yeah, you are my best man."
The Chief: "See Cap, there is something I need to tell you..."
The Captain *whispering in agony*: "Yes what is it?"
The Chief: "Yea you know, um, we played cannonball on the 105 mm guns and... you are not mad about that are you ?"
The Captain: "Of course not Chief go on"
The Chief: "Yea well Jack noticed the Cruiser is drifting towards Jamaica and we thought about making a stop there to play some poker and get us some spare parts !"
The Captain: "Can you fix the engines with these ?"

The Chief: "Of course cap, all good as fixed up. Jack is already working on our idea to dock our 5000 ton cruiser in the nearest fishing village !! Dont worry Cap, you are in capable hands !! :D ""