• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Given an ENTP, and ENTJ of relative stature - both are (equally) powerful, with the ENTP on a specific skillset, and the ENTJ on a specific command post.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
There is really no way of measuring either real power, even if we assume that both follow the generalized traits that are presented as theirs. Historically, both of them are capable of excelling at great lengths in whatever task they on take, whether it's maths, science, philosophy, leadership, innovation, engineering, and generally intellectual pursuits. The fact that ENTP's using TI seem more geared towards specialized academia does not rule out the fact that ENTJ's, who even with different "specific" skills are able to still accumulate just as many merits as ENTP's, even if their methodology uses an entirely different process.

If we are to measure how powerful these are, we must first define power. While power can refer to intellectual abilities, it traditionally refers to the amount of social influence one has, it should belong to another category. If we take it by that criterion, then most certainly ENTJ's on average are more powerful then ENTP's. Think of all the bankers, industrialists, politicians, military figures, leaders, and what else through out history, who've had tremendous influence on history and contemporary times, they almost all display traits which one would almost always associate with EXTJ's. In this case ENTP's are underrepresented, and thus less socially powerful at least, however they might be overrepresented in academia, since their type might be typically gravitating towards intellectual pursuits.

Jazaki

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
...Ok, so I am 7 years late.
But I have some things to say. First of all, I am an ENTP and my darling wife (ISFJ) is currently screwing me over by having an emotional affair with an ENTJ. It's a pretty full on relationship to be honest.
Apparently ISFJ's have some sort of duality with the entj? Although other resources claim they are best suited to other types.
But anyway, if you are simply asking who in general has more power, than the ENTJ is a clear winner. Speaking for myself, I have no desire for power. I don't like controlling people, I like to provide people with the necessary advice/wisdom to make the right decisions, and rarely ever use manipulation as a form of a control.
For example, the only times when I really use manipulation is to guide someone to an understanding, not to an action of my choice...but I still have great manipulative skills if I choose to use them for evil. In fact, it is probably a good thing ENTPs dont like to control people, because our moral obscurity could lead to some pretty questionable behaviour.

What is clear is that the ENTP has to want the power, or it is a no contest. With that said, if we are talking about the full skillset of each type and their overall potential for power in a fight to the death, then the entp wins. From a strategic point of view, the ENTPs overall strategic plan for power is likely to be better - even if it is made up as they go - but the ENTJ will better at fine tuning their strategy and implementing it quickly.

The entp has no limits on the possibilities for power that exist in the world. The entp would have a better grasp of power in its many forms and be more creative in ways to achieve it. The ENTP would be obtaining types of power that the entj had never even thought or even knew existed ...and the entp would use the power to destroy the ENTJ with an ever adaptive counter strategy. The distinct advantage of understanding the surrounding environment quickly and in its entirety means that when an ENTP wants something and the motivation is there, they are very hard to stop.

In this case, destroying some dirtbag ENTJ who is hooking in with my wife would be suffice motivation...or perhaps even a bowel of delicious ice cream.

Jaguar

In this case, destroying some dirtbag ENTJ who is hooking in with my wife would be suffice motivation...or perhaps even a bowel of delicious ice cream.

Those ENTJ bastards . . . give them hell.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
True leaders utilize others people strength. THE ENTP will most likely work for the ENTJ. Of course ENTJ's are way more powerful.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
ENTJs are more methodical but you can't have much power over someone who really doesn't care about your power trip nonsense.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
mrw when someone replies to a 5 yr old thread
Disappointed-Dog-Meme-19.jpg

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
mrw when someone replies to a 5 yr old thread
[/QUOTE]

It's interesting...these boards actually don't really mind necroing. In fact, it's outright encouraged to necro here if you've got something worthwhile to state. This is to avoid a million duplicate threads.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's interesting...these boards actually don't really mind necroing. In fact, it's outright encouraged to necro here if you've got something worthwhile to state. This is to avoid a million duplicate threads.

I love that about this forum. One time the intjforum deleted my post for necroing my own thread (which was one month old). I haven't been back since. :laugh:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I love that about this forum. One time the intjforum deleted my post for necroing my own thread (which was one month old). I haven't been back since. :laugh:

Good lord...the INTJ forums are so anal and controlling about the way the site looks and functions that it just makes me want to throw tomatoes all over the walls to be more free and messy.

Last edited:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...Ok, so I am 7 years late.
But I have some things to say. First of all, I am an ENTP and my darling wife (ISFJ) is currently screwing me over by having an emotional affair with an ENTJ. It's a pretty full on relationship to be honest.
Apparently ISFJ's have some sort of duality with the entj? Although other resources claim they are best suited to other types.
But anyway, if you are simply asking who in general has more power, than the ENTJ is a clear winner. Speaking for myself, I have no desire for power. I don't like controlling people, I like to provide people with the necessary advice/wisdom to make the right decisions, and rarely ever use manipulation as a form of a control.
For example, the only times when I really use manipulation is to guide someone to an understanding, not to an action of my choice...but I still have great manipulative skills if I choose to use them for evil. In fact, it is probably a good thing ENTPs dont like to control people, because our moral obscurity could lead to some pretty questionable behaviour.

What is clear is that the ENTP has to want the power, or it is a no contest. With that said, if we are talking about the full skillset of each type and their overall potential for power in a fight to the death, then the entp wins. From a strategic point of view, the ENTPs overall strategic plan for power is likely to be better - even if it is made up as they go - but the ENTJ will better at fine tuning their strategy and implementing it quickly.

The entp has no limits on the possibilities for power that exist in the world. The entp would have a better grasp of power in its many forms and be more creative in ways to achieve it. The ENTP would be obtaining types of power that the entj had never even thought or even knew existed ...and the entp would use the power to destroy the ENTJ with an ever adaptive counter strategy. The distinct advantage of understanding the surrounding environment quickly and in its entirety means that when an ENTP wants something and the motivation is there, they are very hard to stop.

Duality is something that exists in the theory of Socionics. The MBTI ISFJ translates to SEI-ISFp in Socionics. So which is it, is it ESI-ISFj which translates to ISFP in MBTI or the other way around? Because the irony here is that SEI-ISFp is the dual of the ILE-ENTp in socionics.

:thinking:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Is this a serious question:

OK let me 'end' the thread.

ENTJs overall are attracted to and driven by a desire for power (don't lie guys, you are, it's okey)
ENTPs overall are attracted to and driven by a desire for and the thrill of inspiration (for lack of a better word)

So yes entjs are more powerful because they seek power. ENTPs don't (comparatively as a type).

Now if we want to talk about other things.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't believe in simplistic answers and this question isn't exception.

Therefore:

Typical ENTP < ENTJs < ENTP without conscious