• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Is it just me or...

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do INTJs and ENTPs like to use other people as test subjects or lab rats. I do this alot when I am bored. Normally, I find it cruel, but then sometimes i need to test out my ideas on people and things.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes. I'm just starting to be aware of the fact that I do that.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Haha I must be a good test subject. Currently close friends with an ENTP and always close friends with INTJs.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have a lot of wonderful ENFPs in my life and I get along great with them, but there is just a certain line I never cross with them. I really get overwhelmed, stressed and flustered when face to face with that much Fe. So you guys are pretty much off the hook when it comes to being my lab rat.

sculpting

I treat people like lab rats all the time. I mean I am a loving lab rat mom but I study them endlessly. I onbserve, reshape, remold. It's my hobby.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can't say I do that. I play/mess with people in good humour but that's where it stops.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I do that without realizing it. Only in the world of social engineering though.

Maybe its an excuse- me telling myself that i just did what i did so i could gauge their reaction...it seems to make me look like the controlling figure when in reality what i did was somewhat 'wrong'

edit: just like the teacher that says she was 'testing you' after you pointed out a mistake using the recently taught material.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Give me an example of 'testing someone out'?

I don't think I do that though.
The people who aren't close to me don't matter enough to me to spend energy like that.
And the people who are close to me... well I can just be honest with them and ask them the question I had in mind and know I'll get an honest answer. It's rather simple.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't noticed INTJs do this, but I have noticed it with ENTPs.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Do INTJs and ENTPs like to use other people as test subjects or lab rats. I do this alot when I am bored. Normally, I find it cruel, but then sometimes i need to test out my ideas on people and things.

Not INTJ or ENTP, but I do this, and sometimes only realize that I'm doing it after the testing is well underway or I get a bad reaction.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah I'd like to see examples of the kind of testing people have in mind who are saying they do it.

I think all types have their own ways of learning social behavior. With NTs, this could sometimes resemble testing, while with NFs it could more resemble "feeling people out" and using emotional intelligence.

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a lot of wonderful ENFPs in my life and I get along great with them, but there is just a certain line I never cross with them. I really get overwhelmed, stressed and flustered when face to face with that much Fe. So you guys are pretty much off the hook when it comes to being my lab rat.

ENFP's second function is Fi, Fe isn't one of their main functions.

I always study other people for knowledge and enjoyment. I do and say certain things to elicit a particular type of reaction and study it.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I analyse everyone and test them all the time especially my friends. I analyse them consciencly but i never realise that i'm testing them untill after.

L

Lasting_Pain

I like to test my ability to predict human behavior. Where as I sit back and observe and base my observations around the probabilities of future consequences.

MBTI Type
INxJ

I don't do it when I'm bored. Only when I need data for an anthropological theory, and I always tell them afterwards. I don't see anything inherently wrong with that.

ENTPs seem to do it often, for their amusement alone.

I think all types have their own ways of learning social behavior. With NTs, this could sometimes resemble testing, while with NFs it could more resemble "feeling people out" and using emotional intelligence.

Yes.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I think we all share an interest in human behavior. That's what unites us on this forum.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, I test to learn people are thinking. If people say something, but their words don't match their thoughts. I will have ways to make them spill out the truth unconsciously. Thats usually one way.

I can't think of anymore, but i am sure there is more in my brain.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I definitely tend to test people's patience.