• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTs who thought they were actually INTs

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm a weak E, but the ENTP profile fits me well. And I have mad Ne.
That's the sum of it -- an individual's primary function is most pronounced, not gregariousness.

For purposes of this discussion, nearly all of my social restraint is learned behavior. As a child I could be downright boorish.

T

ThatGirl

I thought I was an intj for a while. Then I realized that's part of the entp thing.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I thought I was an intj for a while. Then I realized that's part of the entp thing.

INTJ..... riiiiight :huh:. I know you and Edgar have a close thing, but it doesn't mean you're the same type ;) .

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^
do you notice change in your processes

eg. does your introvertedThinking become more dominant in decision making?

No, my process is still the same. I spend weeks out and running around, just absorbing all of life. I burn the candle at both ends and am active 18-20 hours a day. Then I retreat for weeks and let my Ti run its course and process all the things my Ne absorbed.

When I am deep in thought or exhausted by too much uncategorized external stimuli, I don't want to be disturbed at all - so I just withdraw to organize the information.

* Aside, a lot of my closest friends would say I'm more leaning towards introverted. I think they may be referring to a bit of my misanthropic tendencies about how people act in trivial social matters. I purposely missed my frosh week during the start of my undergrad, cuz I hate that kind of shyte. Forced/contrived socialization. Irks me to no end.

It's just I don't go out of my way to seek social situations (as most social situations I think of as ridiculous formalities), but, that I'm quite happy when I'm in them (cuz I make it my own when I just happen to be there).

Yeah, I'm not much of a joiner either. I spent my frosh week hanging with the lunch ladies and learning about their time in Poland after the war. Much more interesting than "getting to know you" social mixers. I also skipped my proms and graduations, I rarely attend showers of any sort and I avoid weddings and funerals like the plague.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ..... riiiiight :huh:. I know you and Edgar have a close thing, but it doesn't mean you're the same type ;) .

The only thing ThatGirl is close to is a rum bottle.