• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] what do you think of intp girls

L

Lasting_Pain

I think I have met some, but I never can tell for sure since I do not let them take the test.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? The INTP I've known the longest isn't all that "Sensitive," she's more aloof and detached, not really into that whole touchy-feely pow-wow thing. Or is that just an outer shell hiding sensitivity?

I don't mind the lack of "touchy feely-ness". My main complaint about INTP women is the almost ever-present sense of apathy. I have reservations of being romantically involved with someone who just doesn't seem to give a shit. To me, that does not look like a very rewarding experience.

But then again, I've never dated an INTP, and maybe they act completely different with their mates.

MBTI Type
ENTP

Speak for yourself, the people I love can all go fall off a cliff and die for all I care.

But seriously, I can see thinking there's a level of apathy compared to, say, an ESFJ who seems to suffer from a distinct lack of apathy. But, with me, I'd say it's not so much apathy as an awareness and respect for other people's autonomy. For instance, I probably wouldn't do much sobbing and whining and pleading and begging at the feet of a boyfriend who said he was going to leave me because:

1. That's his choice, he must have a good reason...or good enough for him, anyway
2. If he doesn't have a reason, why would I want to be with someone so irrational anyway?
3. If it's a test to see if I'd do enough begging, why would I want to be with someone so manipulative?

That's not to say I wouldn't feel as sad as anyone else, but I wouldn't delude myself into necessarily thinking I should try to change his mind even if I could.

I don't mind the lack of "touchy feely-ness". My main complaint about INTP women is the almost ever-present sense of apathy. I have reservations of being romantically involved with someone who just doesn't seem to give a shit. To me, that does not look like a very rewarding experience.

But then again, I've never dated an INTP, and maybe they act completely different with their mates.
heh, and honestly my first instinct was "yeah, he probably shouldn't be with an INTP then.."
In contrast, If this was about ESFJs and I was one, I'd probably spend my next 20 posts in here trying to convince you why ESFJs are such great partners...and you'd probably enjoy that. Well, too bad!

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax

sorry about that...
or not.

when guys ask me out or express romantic interest i want to say, "don't bother, you dont know what youre getting yourself into. O.O my heart is black and my blood is liquid nitrogen!"

but thats just more when theyre more interested in me than i am in them

if im interested in a person then im inherently more attentive to the relationship because that keeps the person near. biological impulses help it along, so dont think just because intps are in their head so much you dont need to gussy up.

im only active when im pursuing. i dont give people rewards for pursuing me. i have no respect for acts of Fe and im not above making a guy cry in public - acutally its a favourtie pass time of mine

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
cuz you dont talk unless talked to and your shy....makes me go nuts for you

from a distance...i am more than attracted to INTP chicks
in person...im even more attracted to INTP chicks
first impressions...INTPs suck at them. why? maybe cuz they stand their smiling the whole time wanting to say something but won't unless its "me too" or "yeah"...if it werent for the eyebrow piercing and the style that makes them subtly stand out, theyd be BORING
friendship...wont work because more often than not, ill have to do all the work...so screw that
relationship...a LOT of work...takes a while to get close to them

also, my ISFJ buddy calls a INTP chick friend "sweet"...shes only like that when shes in public...shes most comfortable talking on msn.

they thrive on awkward moments...mainly cuz they have been dealing with those their entire lives

i think, what you do do is find a niche in the social order, modify it to give it a non-conforming appearance and feel (this is empowering to you) and then stick to it your whole freaking life

and you throw 'shit-tests' at people. if people pass these (essentially by telling you to go screw yourself), you start respecting them. if not, for same sex, you see possibly for friendship; for different sex, you see a chump....possibly a friend, i dont know

noone knows bout your love life. if someone does, you pretend not to give a shit...you avoid confrontation big time

how'd i do? please tell me i know at least a lil bit bout intp chicks by now...i have to get one off her high horse and on mine in a few months

is this from experience because that would be a bad sign for me as entps are the one of the types i find the easiest to communicate with thus helping me open up earlier. once im comfortable with you everything will follow in time as long as you accept me for who I am - entp always do, we both relish in the company of someone who finally speaks our rare language

at first i find it weird that you think shyness is attractive, ive always felt that it was such a deterimental trait and have only felt it be viewed negatively by others. then i think of shy guys i know and i can understand where youre comming from, its just hard to see it in myself.

thisguy, your descriptions are alright, better than most ive read on these forums and theres nothing that jumps out at me yelling WWRROONNGGG. just a note, i hate being called sweet, even if it is meant to flatter id still feel better punching you than accepting it.

L

Lasting_Pain

Speak for yourself, the people I love can all go fall off a cliff and die for all I care.

But seriously, I can see thinking there's a level of apathy compared to, say, an ESFJ who seems to suffer from a distinct lack of apathy. But, with me, I'd say it's not so much apathy as an awareness and respect for other people's autonomy. For instance, I probably wouldn't do much sobbing and whining and pleading and begging at the feet of a boyfriend who said he was going to leave me because:

1. That's his choice, he must have a good reason...or good enough for him, anyway
2. If he doesn't have a reason, why would I want to be with someone so irrational anyway?
3. If it's a test to see if I'd do enough begging, why would I want to be with someone so manipulative?

That's not to say I wouldn't feel as sad as anyone else, but I wouldn't delude myself into necessarily thinking I should try to change his mind even if I could.

heh, and honestly my first instinct was "yeah, he probably shouldn't be with an INTP then.."
In contrast, If this was about ESFJs and I was one, I'd probably spend my next 20 posts in here trying to convince you why ESFJs are such great partners...and you'd probably enjoy that. Well, too bad!

Look Like someone needs a hug.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
at first i find it weird that you think shyness is attractive, ive always felt that it was such a deterimental trait and have only felt it be viewed negatively by others. then i think of shy guys i know and i can understand where youre comming from, its just hard to see it in myself.

Shyness is attractive to me. My hypothesis is that the reason is something like this:
One: You won't drive me up a wall with talking. More likely to be able to give me my space and privacy.
Two: Inferior Fe. It's fulfilling when I use my Fe to draw the person out of his/her shell, to help them fulfill their social role. And shyness makes one seem... like you could use some protecting, which appeals to Fe's nurturing nature.

And INTPs are more likely to go along with my Fe shenanigans. They're tolerant of me even in my most eccentric mode, and can go along with my ideas, and expand on them. Plus, T girls are incredibly attractive.

Though, perhaps it would be a bit narcissistic to date my own type?

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Shyness is attractive to me. My hypothesis is that the reason is something like this:
One: You won't drive me up a wall with talking. More likely to be able to give me my space and privacy.
Two: Inferior Fe. It's fulfilling when I use my Fe to draw the person out of his/her shell, to help them fulfill their social role. And shyness makes one seem... like you could use some protecting, which appeals to Fe's nurturing nature.

And INTPs are more likely to go along with my Fe shenanigans. They're tolerant of me even in my most eccentric mode, and can go along with my ideas, and expand on them. Plus, T girls are incredibly attractive.

Though, perhaps it would be a bit narcissistic to date my own type?

hmm i am a narcissist, i almost dated my own type - would've but we ran out of time and never got each others phone number. :doh:he was like you crossed with Aschnitzel and mcguffin. that might be an age related thing, he might become more like mcguffin as he gets older.
in addition to what you said, i think there's understanding and appreiciating between two wotcha call its, loners/shypoeple/introverts, and thats a rare expeirence for them. i knwo that despite how quiet i am, im pretty awsome so i assume that other quiet people are also goldmines of awsomeness, plus theyre not draining or demanding - theyre luring. one of the most obsessive intense crushes ive had was over one of the most shyest of shy guys (not an intp, i suspect he was i_fp). it was sparked by the twinkle in his eye, so really he started it. once he was 'brought to my attention', the obsession began, coupled with poems and portraits. when someone mentioned how much i seemed to hate being at last weeks party, he looked over at me instinctively and intuition tells me he felt kindred which of course made me feel it too. its kind of like finally getting out the desert sun and into the shade.
people who arent in your face also let your own imagination speak for them which can leave you half in love with someone you hardly know.
its been two years since ive actually been in his presence and me heart still skips when i see a photo of him over facebook or something. if ever manages to get a girlfriend ill think ill have to step out of the bushes by his window and come clean... or threaten her.. w/e works out.

im pretty tired so im cant tell if any of this makes sense

Last edited:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
hmm i am a narcissist, i almost dated my own type - would've but we ran out of time and never got each others phone number. :doh:he was like you crossed with Aschnitzel and mcguffin. that might be an age related thing, he might become more like mcguffin as he gets older.
in addition to what you said, i think there's understanding and appreiciating between two wotcha call its, loners/shypoeple/introverts, and thats a rare expeirence for them. i knwo that despite how quiet i am, im pretty awsome so i assume that other quiet people are also goldmines of awsomeness, plus theyre not draining or demanding - theyre luring. one of the most obsessive intense crushes ive had was over one of the most shyest of shy guys (not an intp, i suspect he was i_fp). it was sparked by the twinkle in his eye, so really he started it. once he was 'brought to my attention', the obsession began, coupled with poems and portraits. when someone mentioned how much i seemed to hate being at last weeks party, he looked over at me instinctively and intuition tells me he felt kindred which of course made me feel it too. its kind of like finally getting out the desert sun and into the shade.
people who arent in your face also let your own imagination speak for them which can leave you half in love with someone you hardly know.
its been two years since ive actually been in his presence and me heart still skips when i see a photo of him over facebook or something. if ever manages to get a girlfriend ill think ill have to step out of the bushed by his window and come clean... or threaten her.. w/e works out.

im pretty tired so im cant tell if any of this makes sense

Yeah I understood it, and can relate.

Me crossed with MacGuffin and A Schnitzel, eh? Sounds interesting.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If a girl is wearing a t-shirt when the weather is cold and miserable, or a coat when it's sunny, 9 times out of 10 she's INTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
If a girl is wearing a t-shirt when the weather is cold and miserable, or a coat when it's sunny, 9 times out of 10 she's INTP.

Yeah, I am notoriously bad at dressing for the weather.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
Actually, bizzarely, I'm pretty good with clothes.
...Or at least, in my own mind.
I do wear coats on sunny days, but that's because I get cold really easily.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Yeah I understood it, and can relate.

Me crossed with MacGuffin and A Schnitzel, eh? Sounds interesting.

i had to stalk both you and schintzel, just to make sure. its the sense of humour. although all intps should be kind of similar, you two were the only ones that made me panic.
the problem with talking about an intp over the internet is that theyre one of the types most likely to find out.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Yeah, I am notoriously bad at dressing for the weather.

only half the time as i alwasy dress for winter. im still waiting on the, its because edge is cold blooded, comment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's just what she wants you to think.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
i had to stalk both you and schintzel, just to make sure. its the sense of humour. although all intps should be kind of similar, you two were the only ones that made me panic.
the problem with talking about an intp over the internet is that theyre one of the types most likely to find out.

Aye, I can relate to A Schnitzel more than some of my other INTP brethren.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
never knowingly know one but i would mind knowing one well

L

Lasting_Pain

Wow, looks like someone needs a kick in the <edited to protect the virtuous office of moderator>.

;)

Hey, I am just trying to be considerate and supportive. Hate to see an INTP buddy in distress. That goes for you too Jennifer. If you ever need a hug, I am here. They are currently on sale. :hug: