• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] s(t)imulated vs. zarc: ENTJs vs. ENTPs <split>

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, you don't have to write an essay to prove to everyone you are an entp.
if people mistyped you, let them believe it. And if it really comes to that, I would rather be typeless thatn justifyinhg myself.

I once got typed as an INFP by an someone who thinks they know better than me about the MBTI I was pissed, but so what. These things happen, some people like to shove BS into other people;s throats. Just let them believe what they say. and give a HO HO LOL.

I like writing essays, and I'm learning from this exchange with him. If he can show me good reason that I'm really not ENTP then I want to know about it.

The attempt to find fault with what he's saying is part of my learning process. I'm not doing it just to convince him personally; I just enjoy aggressive argumentation as a method of exchanging ideas.

His last post gave me a lot more faith in his level of understanding of these concepts. Before, I thought he was just trolling, so I wasn't taking him too seriously because he hadn't shown me any reason I should. I was trying to be entertaining/appear to be winning.

Now that I'm convinced I can learn something from him, and that he actually has a motive beyond trolling, my tone will soften a lot.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That was some intense reading, and I don't care enough about this topic to contribute anything relevant.

But, the sparks between zarc and simulated were/are, fierce, fast, flying, and intoxicatingly stimulating.

A really smart N dominant guy and a really smart N dominant girl arguing/bantering is not only great to engage in, but to also observe. (who knew?)

I swear, I want to see/read you, (zarc and sim), go at it all day, everyday!!!

:yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ was that zarc's workings?

She is a veritable geniusette!!

I :wub: her!!!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
lol You're too cute.

Does that mean I'm no longer a geniusette? :cheese: I had workings, they're just way above. Maybe too above..

+ For people not in the know, which should be all of you unless you voyeur profile convos, sw and I are working it out. PRIVATELY HAHAHA. No more game-show.

It's Half-time.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I really think that if you and he mated it would do a great service to our species, so, if not for yourselves, please, copulate and procreate for Us!!!

:cheese:

Qre:us

And like I said in your wall post, I think most profiles need correction, so tell me are those profile excerpts written by experts that I posted correct to you or not? And if it is correct, should I stop trying to change it, then?

What was contradictory? Hmm, could be, so here's another try with less fun effort. I think I see where we mismatched or where I mixed up the types, yea.. And I said lol No copping out!

K. I defer to type experts now from the book 16 Personality Types: Descriptions for Self-Discovery. Obviously not EVERYone fits perfectly to type but do you agree with these excerpts taken from profile:

Do you relate to most of it?

Some of it is pretty accurate. Parts of it sound more like ESFP than ENTP, though, and are a bit too generalized.

Err, bit confused. So you're only disagreeing with those three bits you explained that don't fit? Everything else is correct? I'm just trying to be sure of it all.

Yes, the rest of the quotes you posted seem fairly reasonable to categorize as ENTP behavior/thought process.

Thank you, I knew you'd relate. :)

Incidentally, those excerpts were taken from the ESFP profile. Whoops. I didn't say that they were ENTP. I just asked you if you related. You relate.

Now look at ENTP. Even afterwards, with the succeeding posts, you couldn't even see the set up. SusPected nothing but good-feel-me-vibes to your Fi because you thought I was finally on your side. ENTP, you are not.

Zarc, it could very well mean that Mr. Whiney Simu isn't ENTP.

Or, he's unhealthy/young ENTP enough to get baited with one-upmanship in an argument, which.....you played very well into causing subjective validation. It was literally set up as a case for subjective validation.

Subjective validation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a real bias to objectivity, and truth-seeking, and, interestingly enough is one that is used to 'validate' cold reading.

Cold reading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know, therefore, if you can guage his ENTP-ness or not, conclusively, from that mind-experiement.

Simu - details sometimes help you save your ass ;), esp. if you can use details to validate the big picture. As long as there's a logical justification. Marking out the path from detail A --->big-pic B.

Ne - exercise it, know there are no limits to connecting even the most obscure far-fetched dots. Ne will find the most relevant dots, allow Ti to connect them in a logical manner.

Whether you're ENTP or not, it takes time (I still struggle) to understand exactly the many 'talents' one is afforded with being a 'type' and how best to use [and fully understand] each strength, rather than letting *it* use/abuse you.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Zarc, it could very well mean that Mr. Whiney Simu isn't ENTP.
I don't know, therefore, if you can guage his ENTP-ness or not, conclusively, from that mind-experiement.

It was never meant to be conclusive, just to demonstrate he doesn't know function from type or type from profile. Everything I'd been saying to him prior was the proof in the pudding that his understanding of functions and type was being incorrectly applied. And that he isn't ENTP due to that.

Ne - exercise it, know there are no limits to connecting even the most obscure far-fetched dots. Ne will find the most relevant dots, allow Ti to connect them in a logical manner.

Look at his posts- Where do you see Ne? No where. He doesn't make connective relations with his ideas. He goes from the obvious point of the matter to the next one, concretely. Se. Because his Fi is underdeveloped, he lashes out through Se-Te. You see Inferior Ni due to his huge assumptions (from other threads, mind)

He keeps taking everything literally and at face value. Take for instance him saying that I said ENTPs have no Te in their system.

zarc said:
Um. ENTPs wouldn't be dogmatic, eh poor choice of word, but they'd hold Ti-ght to their theories/ideas. Cuz it’s the right one. And… “proper” way? Sorry, boyo, but they don’t gots Te in their system. Leave it to the TJs. Or maybe an EFP when you catch them on a bad day... Btw, JIC you’re not receptive at this point, I hope it’s not a bad day for you because I’m being thoughtful in trying to show you. :)

He thought my little function inputs were just "puns", he didn't see the symbolism of them. "Ti-ght to their theories/ideas" = Ti stops Ne in its tracks from continuing to expand so that the logical framework is being built while still being able to connect elsewhere. --- As for "They don't have Te in their system." -- I was referring to both the 4 top functions for ENTP(Ne Ti Fe Si) and Te itself-- Te creates systems. Ti creates frameworks.

I made the hint I thought him ESFP in that first post (even in that post above), which an NT would’ve likely suspected I was calling them that. Now look at the bolded part in the quote. What am I hinting? I hope I didn't catch him on a bad day. I hoped it wasn't a bad day for him because I was being thoughtful in trying to reach him-- He couldn't see any thoughtfulness, only attacks- Did I ever attack him? Nopez. Just his points. Never him. And when he found out he'd been tricked, whoa, he was rant-acular. Sorry, NTs might've been irritated they'd been tricked, probably amused too, but they'd unlikely have loaded on me their indignation. They'd have dismissed me curtly or further tackled where I erred if they found any. Moved on.

And then making fun of other people (I found the post he put you in btw). NTs don't do that if they're arguing or debating w/e. It's irrelevant information to the point being made. It loses one's creditbility of using intelligence alone to beat the opponent.

zarc said:
If you want intelligent yet still mischievous fun, I’d say go to an awesome ESFP. ;)

Yea, that's me being nice again with the hint.

I kept telling him. Refute (Ti), don't dispute (Te) or rather don't rebut (Te). Debating is likely favourable past times for ETJs, ITJs, EFPs (will do well if they can avoid taking it personally but if not they may attack when feeling (Fi) violated OR they do it but say it's NOT serious b/c they don't care). Te is geared for that. They can thrive off it. He agreed with the SP parts. One part he esp. bolded "rules and regulations infuriate me". Yes, for SPs! Not for NTs (or any other temperament). NTs take things seriously, especially rules (Ti = NTP) and regulations (Te = NTJ). Sometimes too seriously. ENTPs are not excluded. They wouldn't be Rationals then.

Ti cuts to the chase. Te gives chase.

No ETP would care enough to have written such long posts. They just wouldn’t—I don’t care how evolved as a person. They don't (their Ti doesn't) have the patience for it (EFPs, if they care (Fi) they'll push past their reluctance, putting effort into making themselves understood! Through Pe-Te! /Pe = Se/Ne) . But if they do care, they’d make it short and sweet because of Ti.—And ETPs dismiss a person whom they think refuses to make logical sense. They leave it up to others to get what they're saying or don't. EFPs dismiss a person whom they think refuses to make sense to their understanding of what they feel is right. They don't leave it up to others to get what they're saying or not . But when care they make you hear about it because it's important to their identity.

He felt the need to 'correct' me based off his understanding because he thought what I was saying had contradictions--- OFC they'd be contradictions because it CONTRADICTS what HE is saying.---That's the point! of disagreement! :) To be contrary to the other. What are we doing here then? He said there wasn't a lot of information besides asserting that he was wrong. No--- The information, itself, was explaining to him what was wrong with what he'd written and why.-- Instead of dissecting them to prove what they were, he just said what they were and not WHY they were incorrect-- Te. He said in his last post that we were BOTH doing that. No—I ask anyone to read our posts. I always countered, explaining my reasoning by presenting it through functional relations to what I wrote-- doesn't matter how playful I was either, they all stand. While he kept explaining his reasoning by using validation (Te) of the sites or profiles he’s read and by his own subjective experience. Do you think that’s ENTP? At any age? >_>

And most important of all. He defers when an understanding has been reached. NTs wouldn't defer but they may concede. This is good of him. He cares enough to. And it's also Fi. Because he recognises that I am serious in helping him, that I'm not just jerking him around. It’s safe in interacting with me.

Here's something I wrote in another thread inspired by something Evan wrote:

zarc said:
I think both types of perceptions work here. I think opinion is better to explain it than judging. Judging implies that it's been objectively selected. And perceptions are made aware subjectively to the individual, so they form opinions about the world that can't be disputed because it's subconsciously chosen. That being said, Si/Se are unconscious opinions based at face value. Ne/Ni are unconscious opinions based on speculation.

It's why you don't know and can't explain why you dislike a person 'instinctively' when you first meet them.
Se would form "they look the same"
and Si would form "they look the same as"- S is linked to what's unconsciously and negatively familiar in this sense. Ne would form "they could really look like this" and Ni would form "they really look like this". - N is linked to what's unconsciously and negatively unfamiliar in this sense. So we all can unconsciously assess people negatively based on the particular manner our perceptions work.

He wrote to me in my wall that he thought I was 'actually Nocap' and that what I'd written was rehashed versions of his--- We looked similar to him in a negative manner. Quacks like that duck, drown the chicklet it in the pond.... Nocaps has offended him before whereas I'd never done so (other than disagree on ENTP) Our writing styles and presentation aren't even remotely close. Who would mistaken me for Nocap? >_> What relates is that we understand MBTI's system and explain functions in the same manner-- we can't be dissimilar there otherwise the information wouldn't be right.

And look at this:
zarc said:
Now to apply it to S, the N being an unconscious perception. Si tries to consciously filter through relevant information that it has collected but it can’t represent how that information was viewed now that it’s become unconscious (shadow Ni). Unlike Ni, Si can keep track of the information but the problem lies in which representation was the right one (Ni). Conversely, when stuck, Pi only wants to see what it has seen -- because when the loop begins, Si is unable to remove itself from its familiar reality, entirely focused. Se tries to consciously adapt as situations occur but it’s not filtering all of the unconscious possibilities that could be created (shadow Ne). Unlike Ne, Se can notice the change of information but it has a problem integrating the interpretation of patterns that are possible (Ne). When stuck, Pe only keeps experiencing what it's seeing. -- Se keeps adjusting to changes aimlessly, becoming unfocused. When no longer stuck, both take from their unconscious (N) environments, whether internal or external, and alter what is conceivable (S).

He never saw the possibilities existing in what I'd written (it was so mutli-layered too--zz). All the deflection because it didn't make Se-nse to him, he took it all at face value. And btw, reading type descriptions alone and agreeing that they fit is also taking it at face value. btw, sw, that typelogic site. glaringly wrong about Sensors in parts. ESFPs love to party nonsense. Frick. They make them sound like fickle simpeltons. Just wrong.-- And look how much page they devoted to this type? Gah.-

And lastly:

zarc said:
I’m guessing that’s why Si/Ni and Se/Ne are so opposed to each other for IJs and EPs. I think similar perceiving functions, though possibly unconscious, are easier to access than the opposite perceiving function... which seem unavailable when we need them, never mind inaccessible.

Ex. when opposite S/N Pi fuck with the EPs:
- ESP follows what it is experiencing (Se) but may have trouble understanding the likely effects (Ni) or a new way of conceptualizing their experiences (Ni).-
ENP follows what it is interpreting (Ne) but may have trouble stabilizing the information into something recognisable (Si) or applying it to past accumulated data (Si).

He's mentioned it to me before and in other threads that he doesn't take things seriously (most or most people seriously). He said to me that he argues online to take out aggression and frustrations (=/) b/c this is a "relatively consequence free environment". That he's less bombastic in RL. I can believe that, like in the totally fantastic sense. I told him, more or less, we may be text but we are still real with real feelings. It needs to be respected. (My Ni thinks) He isn't aware that he's potentially ruining people's perception of him (take the Flak thread, I read it or the Sensor bias thread where all the "Ns", he mentions, seem to disagree with him (on the board?) yet one S understood his point....-) and that people will not want to create relationships because he seems hostile. I don't think it's always the case but when he forgets to be civil. And he can be civil, I've seen it. He has the potential to change. This is always good. You'd find an NT to be more stubborn, which can be good in some situations but not always. SPs go with the flow, they adapt better, they can let go of things easily -- SFPs let go of bad feelings faster than NFPs and move on. STPs aren't bogged down by trying to understand the whole system as NTPs can be and they move faster. Both SFP and STP ways aren't always the best to use in every situation but it more than often works for their way of existing. Freedom to experience life to the fullest!

-
So yea, sw, did this make sense or anything you've realised in retrospect?

And don't mistaken all my long posts being Te (like yours)-- It isn't. It's straight up Fe bleeding my body dry while trying to give you a blood transfusion in the process. :)

Someone please tell me they get this (all the type talk).

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sorry for thinking you were a dude, Zarc. :redface:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
No worries. You weren't the only one. And it's been interesting to experience. I actually like it. -.-

I'm well aware that in RL some people often think me indifferent and commanding (of presence) which is normally attributed to male characteristics. I've had straight girls in the past tell me they wish I was male or if this guy could be like me or that if they were gay...y'know lol

Maybe in another lifetime.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I officially don't care enough to answer every section of your posts anymore, Zarc.

I think you're reading exactly what you want to believe about my type into my actions, actions which produce an extremely limited picture of what you can actually know about me and a majority of my personality tendencies. Srsly, since you don't interact with me in real life, you don't know about how I speak or think or act a majority of the time, so stop making huge quantum leaps of assumptions as if you do.

I may be guilty of this, too--justifying my type reads to myself by twisting them into whatever form makes them seem logically consistent internally (I understand that this is an example of Ti, yes?) The difference is, I'm making no attempt to make such a specific, certain read on someone I only know through a few very brief interactions on an online forum, and you are. I make type guesses for people like everyone else, but I understand that they're guesses, and I think something INFs may have a tendency to miss is that when someone corrects you about their internal motivations, it's time to give up. You guys are generally good at people reading, better than most, but it's seriously just ridiculous when someone responds to you with an explanation to the contrary and you just won't let go of your little conspiracy theories about how no one knows themselves as well as you do. It's all incredibly condescending (not to mention inaccurate) and I'm not sure if you realize this.

Your function explanations have some merit, but you're conveniently ignoring the ones that don't and the cases where your explanations don't hold up. If you don't think I use Ne or Ti, you quite obviously don't know me, and you're making gigantic assumptions based on very little except your overactive Ni-hunches. Your insistence that you're the authority on everyone's inner emotional workings is reminiscent of INTs' insistence that they're the authorities on logic and all things logical. The same gets old after a while; at least the INTs are working with objective facts and not vague, person-specific profound reads on deep inner psychology. I might put a little more stock in your psychoanalysis if you were, say, my psychiatrist, and if you had months worth of private and personal data provided directly by me.

But as it is, your posts are mainly full of conjecture. Amusing conjecture that occasionally hits on something that's somewhat accurate, sure, but you must understand that your confidence in this ability of yours is rather excessive. Knowing a lot about MBTI isn't an excuse for this kind of dogmatic insistence upon authority regarding someone else's mental processes.

It's very clever and entertaining to read, but I'm frankly really tired of hearing INFs psychoanalyze me on no data and then insist beyond all insistence that their reads on me are perfectly insightful and that any insight I may have regarding myself is completely useless. Everyone is in denial to an INFx who thinks he has a read.

Thanks for the warnings about alienating people; the whole point of calling it a consequence-free environment was that alienating random people on the internet doesn't bother me nearly as much, and so my online behavior differs significantly from my real life behavior.

Qre was probably right when she said it's just immature ENTPness being baited into mental oneupmanship. I do that shit constantly, but I've mainly restrained it to online fights in recent years because it makes real life a lot smoother.

And if you're going to put up this front of civility, make an effort to move to PMs and so on, it might show good form to stop going on about it publicly. If your motives are truly benevolent, I don't see why you need to continue convincing whoever shows up on the thread that I don't have Ne or whatever other nonsense.

You obviously don't have the data to be making such sweeping claims with any credibility, strong though you may be with Ni and Fe.

And for the record, I'm open to listening to the explanations of people who have more typology experience than I do. I'm sure you guys have read more about the topic than I have and I'm interested in hearing new information on it, just try and divorce it from the condescending and baseless psychobabble, will you? It'll make the learning process much easier on all of us.

It was never meant to be conclusive, just to demonstrate he doesn't know function from type or type from profile. Everything I'd been saying to him prior was the proof in the pudding that his understanding of functions and type was being incorrectly misapplied. And that he isn't ENTP due to that.

Because he is incorrect in his understanding of functions and types, so whatever he has ascribed to himself (an ENTP) is wrong.

Right? Right.

I think another dude summed up your point well:
Boy, you're never going to learn until you wholly abandon profiles and purely embrace functions.

'Til then it's just pro/injection with you.

What I'm getting at is probably not at the crux of your issue.

Your issue: whether simu understands that he misapplies a lot of stuff within typology. I've corrected him before, and he does not think it's that much of an issue, not knowing typology to that depth.

My issue: how does this 'lack of understanding' prove/disprove (either way) using a cause-effect model whether simu is an ENTP or...whatever?** ** But, you cleared it up in your post with regards to it not meaning to be conclusive.

We can assume that because he doesn't know typology to that depth, he may have "misapplied" a profile to himself and stuck with it - ENTP. We cannot know whether he truly is ENTP or not, though.
Question is: is knowledge of functions/typology contingent on being a type? Of course not. So...how about assigning ONESELF a type? Then, imo, it depends....on the mode of knowledge acquired (e.g., validity of certain 'sites' versus others), and to what degree.

So, taking this context, my initial issue was: him not understanding to depth typology, and, being so fixated on his type; then, to be presented with such a 'ruse'....it was one that was predictably walked into (leaving aside whether a 'true' NT would fall for it or not). Meaning, that whatever initial point of the 'ruse' was, becomes irrelevant in providing any *new* information.

So much so that it's almost redundant to say, after, "aha, you fell for it, hence it proves _______". I.e., in its presentation, it was SET UP to be a bias (assuming/biasing the conclusion ________ from the start), so we can't go back and say, that it DOES therefore prove ________ - this is why I said it was subjective validity.

^ that's my only real point with this tete-a-tete b/w u two. I don't disagree with your evaluation that he doesn't know depths of functions/or typology. (truly, i don't have much of an opinion) My point was with regards to a completely different aspect of the discussion, that of the mode of transmission, I guess. Sorry for the derail.

And then making fun of other people (I found the post he put you in btw).

Can you keep a secret? I actually get off on being whined about long after an incidence has passed. Like I'm one of those long-lasting gum. You can't get the taste of me outta your mouth. For a while to come. I done gooood. :devil:

I also think you may be relying TOO much on what functions tell about a person as a whole. 1) Esp. when you can take a thought/idea of theirs, and say, well, they've said it, and this thought/idea can ONLY come from X function, so they MUST then have X. 2) You're not accounting for all that may be inside them as Y, nor whether the response itself necessitated that they respond with an X (regardless of whether the preference would be for X or not). 3) Nor whether what you're ascribing as X may be a mix of other functions working in tandem within that person, or, a really bad handle of another function. 4) Nor whether what you've gleaned from a given information is the same as what the other person is seeing. Or.....

E.g.,
Don’t tell me I can’t do something. Rules and regulations infuriate me. Doing something by the book isn’t always logical or reasonable.

zarc:
NTs take things seriously, especially rules (Ti = NTP) and regulations (Te = NTJ). Sometimes too seriously. ENTPs are not excluded.

Actually, I would have agreed with that general description, as well, esp cuz it backs up with 'isn't always logical or reasonable'. I only takes rules as seriously as it needs in order to understand them well enough to break them with efficiency (and flair). [my ex ass-of-a-landlord is testemant to this skill]

As well, Forer effect happens when there's such general enough profiles, one must also keep in mind.

Issues with that above exchange b/w u two:
1) Esp. when you can take a thought/idea of theirs, and say, well, they've said it, and this thought/idea can ONLY come from X function, so they MUST then have X.

You say, 'especially rules (Ti=NTP)', yes, given. But, how does that translate to mean those with Ti likes rules? Ti likes 'rules' in the sense of logical structures, but, rules in the real world, I don't think only Ti can really be held accountable to this inquiry.

2) You're not accounting for all that may be inside them as Y, nor whether the response itself necessitated that they respond with an X (regardless of whether the preference would be for X or not).

zarc: No ETP would care enough to have written such long posts. They just wouldn’t—I don’t care how evolved as a person. They don't (their Ti doesn't) have the patience for it (EFPs, if they care (Fi) they'll push past their reluctance, putting effort into making themselves understood! Through Pe-Te! /Pe = Se/Ne) . But if they do care, they’d make it short and sweet because of Ti.

A long post can be made if there's a long need for justification. I think Ti likes to justify all that Ne can come up with, and can sometimes fall...short. Hence, long. And, sometimes, if the Ne is that convoluted, or that far-reaching, a word count can be a bitch. I know that I always itch that I couldn't put all that I have been thinking into words enough (sufficiently so) to justify exactly the level of 'revelation' going on inside my head. I think a few other ENTPs on this board are quite long-winded (with many [brackets] to indicate another random off-shot thought) (myself included).

*btw, I think his long-windedness comes from being emotionally baited so he makes his one point puff up to make it look like there's meat.

3) Nor whether what you're ascribing as X may be a mix of other functions working in tandem within that person, or, a really bad handle of another function.

As I said earlier, young ENTP, Fe gone a bit beserk to make him post to that length as he does, or miss the detail of certain points, and just find one glaring thing, and hem and haw about it, so that Fe can get calm again, cuz he was able to "attack back" the person who emotionally baited him, maybe?

For example, look at what you ascribe in terms of functions to a 'long post'.
zarc:And don't mistaken all my long posts being Te (like yours sw)-- It isn't. It's straight up Fe

So, if we see a long post, we'll know its either Te or Fe? That's quite the correlation b/w post length and functions.

4) Nor whether what you've gleaned from a given information is the same as what the other person is seeing.

Like that example of 'breaking rules'. I think the way you interpreted what rules are are probably quite different than he did.

Someone please tell me they get this (all the type talk).

I get type talk, I just don't get how it can be exemplified through a poster's posting style - at the level of being able to dissect certain small statements of theirs and then ascribing a functional cause to where that statement came from. But, that's my overall criticism of Typology in general....so carry on.

Btw, this doesn't mean I think/don't think Simu is ENTP (no real opinion, nor care). Nor whether I'm siding with him or you..........no sides. Just some thoughts that came with the presentation of this convo between you two.

I jump whenever there's a mood in me, even if it sometimes may be 'helping' (the case) out the bugger who whines about me all the time. ;) It's not for him or any other person. Even if I hated him (which I obviously don't, he amuses me), I'd still inquire....it's just to inquire about thoughts. Not people.

And, i see you've said that you've taken it to PM, so sorry if I rehashed this again. Carry on...

And if you're going to put up this front of civility, make an effort to move to PMs and so on, it might show good form to stop going on about it publicly. If your motives are truly benevolent, I don't see why you need to continue convincing whoever shows up on the thread that I don't have Ne or whatever other nonsense.
That may be partly my fault, I started up the convo again, she responded.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The signal-to-noise ratio was a lot higher when this thread began.

ENTPs administrate deductively, altering an entire structure in response to a single change in data or circumstance. Potential for breakthrough, low productivity.

ENTJs administrate inductively, allowing only a brief window of time for reconfiguration before choosing reasonably assured results over theoretical correspondence. Low potential for breakthrough, high productivity.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
^I officially don't care enough to answer every section of your posts anymore, Zarc.

Cool. They weren't only for you. I don't care if you don't want to answer every section, so long as you've read them and let your subconscious soak it up up up. If you *officially* don't care, why bother saying that? You could've left that out. Thank you for informing me. F to F.

Srsly, since you don't interact with me in real life, you don't know about how I speak or think or act a majority of the time, so stop making huge quantum leaps of assumptions as if you do.

You don't think you project your presence in an online environment? You keep giving yourself away--- REAL LIFE. What's real life? Is this not one perception of reailty? Is there only a concrete, physical one? --- How you SPEAK or ACT has to do with Extraverted Sensing (so does "real life" on your terms). People who are Ns express themselves through their words, through speaking or writing, more easily than they might physically.

I may be guilty of this, too--justifying my type reads to myself by twisting them into whatever form makes them seem logically consistent internally. The difference is, I'm making no attempt to make such a specific, certain read on someone I only know through a few very brief interactions on an online forum.

You've made references before to poker or some kind of card game before. You're able to "read" a person in an Se manner-- that's what makes SPs great at it. The difference here is that Ns do read people-- through their words, their writing, the expression it it, the imagery. Again, you only think we've had brief interactions--- taking our interaction at face value. You think I just wrote based on what you've said to me? No-- I hunted through a good portion of your posts (+recalled what I'd read from long ago while I just lurked on the forums, reading all sorts of people's posts and not only yours).

Your function explanations have some merit, but you're conveniently ignoring the ones that don't and the cases where your explanations don't hold up. If you don't think I use Ne or Ti, you quite obviously don't know me, and you're making gigantic assumptions based on very little except your overactive Ni-hunches.

OFC you use Ne or Ti. But you haven't shown either in this thread. Take any post you want and point them out to me. Really. Let's see if you won't cop out on this.

It's very clever and entertaining to read, but I'm frankly really tired of hearing INFs psychoanalyze me on no data and then insist then beyond all insistence that their reads on me are perfectly insightful and that any insight I may have regarding myself is completely useless. Everyone is in denial to an INFx who thinks he has a read.

No data.... Your posts are the data. With which you are read by. Here's something to ponder. You have a whole bunch of people insisting something against you. You don't think there could be some merit in their collective voice? That your own subjectivity could be clouding your judgment? Oh, right, we're all just wrong and there's no chance of single you being wrong. lol The INFs might not be the only ones who have noticed this but they're likely more the only ones who will CARE to tell you. NTs won't bother. You (+everyone) can take care of yourself.

Oh, you didn't seem to be tired when you didn't know I was an NF. What changed? I'm betting it's your perception of me. I've lost all creditability b/c I'm a wee little f.

Thanks for the warnings about alienating people; the whole point of calling it a consequence-free environment was that alienating random people on the internet doesn't bother nearly as much, and so my online behavior differs significantly from my real life behavior.

How do you think Intuitives orient themselves online and why? Because they often feel it's harder in "real life" and it's easier online. People aren't seen as random or insignificant. They're seen as potentially new experience of connecting with people outside of their local environment-- around the world. And check it. WORDS are POWERFUL. In "real life" or online, because online is another form of real life to us. They are the tools of Ns. They're important from an INFJ to an ENTP. How you use them, the various meanings behind them, the potentional present in conveying a concept that you've yet to materialise in reality.

Yea, you've said this before. You're online self differs significantly from your "real life" behaviour. I gotcha. Real life = real. Online life = unreal-- sorry, not unreal, just insignificant and without consequence.

Qre was probably right when she said it's just immature ENTPness being baited into mental oneupmanship. I do that shit constantly.

And now you're defering to her because it's more convenient. zz Hate to break it to you (no, not really) ESPs do that too. The oneupmanship. And...no. ENTPs aren't baited into mental oneupmanship or else they'd have already lost. The point is to bait OTHERS into it, not be the bait.

I did move it to PMs. Our discussions there are unrelated here. Can't you see that? And why shouldn't I continue this "publicly"--although this isn't a real public because it's not a real environment, right? So what should it matter then?-- What does my continuing to discuss with others here have anything to do with just putting a front of civility? Should I give you the back door of my civility (more fun for me!) So, it's not okay if other people decide to post and question you? What if others decide to take up the reins, would you think it an insult? Why does it even matter to you? You keep missing that piece the most-- If you were ENTP. None of this would matter to you. But it does. Or you wouldn't have continued this. If you end it now, doesn't change that fact.

You obviously don't have the data to be making such sweeping claims with any credibility, strong though you may be with Ni and Fe.

You left dirt all over the house, it's just too much now to sweep under the carpet but into a corner.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That may be partly my fault, I started up the convo again, she responded.

It's fine. Like I said, I do want to learn from you guys; I just wish she (not so much you) would stop trying to psychoanalyze me to death with so little to go on. And no matter what I do or say, she finds some way to convince herself that she can twist it into whatever she wants it to mean. Keep hitting that bong there, zarc.

Feel free to carry on with the in depth explanations of functions and so on. That stuff, on its own, is actually interesting and informative.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Zarc's post:

Great, more broad generalizations based on nothing. Come on, if you're going to try and help me understand functions or typology better, then do it. "If you were really ENTP none of this would matter to you" blah blah; that's a ridiculous generalization. There is absolutely no way to make any case that ALL people in one of 16 personality stereotypes would respond to this situation or any other in any particular way. That's WAY too much of a generalization to have any validity, much like most of your psycho-meandering.

Seriously, I know you THINK you know me; you've made that much clear, but at some point you're going to have to accept that you don't.

Notice the level of effort I'm putting into our exchanges declining! You're repeating yourself because you refuse to accept that brief interaction in an online forum might not be enough data to form such complete motivational explanations for people.

And if by "a whole bunch of people" insisting something against me, you mean about three, I guess you'd be right. The last time this happened, IIRC, there were more people responding on my side than against it. It was that graveyard thread (I think it's called "Jack who?" now; we had a long talk about internal emotional motivations and Heart was doing something similar to what you're doing now.)

I don't deny that I could surely learn more about MBTI and functions. That's part of why I'm here. But dear lord, I wonder if you have any idea how absurd you sound trying to build such authoritative psychoanalysis on people of whom you know so little. This goes beyond typology and into your own overconfidence in your ability to do this. If you're so busy explaining to me that treating the forum as a consequence-free environment might come off as annoying or otherwise negative to others, maybe you should take your own advice and stop treating me as if you have anything resembling a complete picture of my psyche.