• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I heart INTJs

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I stare back while getting ready to put on a show. Then I break eyecontact to focus on doing something so incredibly silly, that they cannot help but smile...ever so faintly. I admit some of them can take forever to smile..but once they do I know we'll be fine :devil:

I also broke eye contact & looked up/down/around a few times then just went off to do something else while still keeping a close eye out. It was literally a cat/mouse game.... Wow, they have the strongest, most penetrating stare. It is worth it once you can crack a smile out of them.

:wubbie:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Y'all make me nervous with all this plotting and planning. Doesn't it un-nerve any of the other INTJ's? My suspicion has been aroused... :ninja:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't see how an INTJ stare is different from any other type of stare... :huh: I want the details.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I only have that stare when I'm angry. I've been told I can make a person shudder when I'm pissed off. I don't yell, scream or get emotional... I get really quiet and apparently get this look in my eye like I may kill someone.

I kind of think its funny :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also broke eye contact & looked up/down/around a few times then just went off to do something else while still keeping a close eye out. It was literally a cat/mouse game.... Wow, they have the strongest, most penetrating stare. It is worth it once you can crack a smile out of them.

:wubbie:

Totally worth it, I so agree :D

Y'all make me nervous with all this plotting and planning. Doesn't it un-nerve any of the other INTJ's? My suspicion has been aroused... :ninja:

Aww, I don't plan it consciously, I just notice that that's how I react to that kind of staring, in an attempt to break down the wall you guys like to put between us :alttongue:

I don't see how an INTJ stare is different from any other type of stare... :huh: I want the details.

Alright, you guys either look at someone like you're expecting something of them or they did something that you're judging atm. But that's about all the info that's written on your faces. Just an expecting stare or the judging. Unfortunately there's no emotion visible usually, so it's like sitting in a job interview or taking an oral test without the teacher/future potential employer telling you how you did or what you're supposed to do :D

So my automatic reaction is to try and get a reaction out of you, any positive reaction, preferably a smile. Once you smile, I know I've passed the exam/got the job and did the right thing :alttongue:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So my automatic reaction is to try and get a reaction out of you, any positive reaction, preferably a smile. Once you smile, I know I've passed the exam/got the job and did the right thing :alttongue:

That can also mean that you have failed it completely.
Personally I have smiled many times as a quick fix to some stuation.
If I see that the person wants me to smile I will probably be quite uninterested in that person in real life.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That can also mean that you have failed it completely.
Personally I have smiled many times as a quick fix to some stuation.
If I see that the person wants me to smile I will probably be quite uninterested in that person in real life.

I don't settle for fake smiles :alttongue:
Of course, if you're genuinly not interested, then you'll automatically turn your attention away, stop staring and I'll take the hint.
Either way, it ends the uncomfortable feeling and insecurity you guys generate :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't settle for fake smiles :alttongue:
Of course, if you're genuinly not interested, then you'll automatically turn your attention away, stop staring and I'll take the hint.
Either way, it ends the uncomfortable feeling and insecurity you guys generate :D

That is why I don't do a simple smile I do an entire show that can last for minutes.
Trust me this has little to with insecurity. (at least in my case)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Smothering an INTJ isn't exactly a good strategy as to getting them to like you from my experience. Talking about things you have in common and talking about their lives/hobbies/interests works so much better, then you share yours. :peepwall:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah smothering them gets bad results, very true. Nah I just usually go do something silly and let them stare.
Either they lose attention, or they smile. One way or another, I know where I stand. Initiating a conversation is something I only dare to do once I've gotten a smile though :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do elaborate :D

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Alright, you guys either look at someone like you're expecting something of them or they did something that you're judging atm. But that's about all the info that's written on your faces. Just an expecting stare or the judging. Unfortunately there's no emotion visible usually, so it's like sitting in a job interview or taking an oral test without the teacher/future potential employer telling you how you did or what you're supposed to do :D

I always knew I'd make a good job interviewer!

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ

A bit, yes.

"Smothering them gets bad results."
"... isn't exactly a good strategy..."
"...crack a smile out of them."
"I stare back while getting ready to put on a show."

And WE'RE supposed to be clinical, over-analyzing plotters!

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
I think I'm just drawn to Js in general because they provide that decisiveness I lack as a P, but they also end up being INs because I tune into that so well.

I love at least two INTJs (that I know of) and one is my dad.

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
Yeah smothering them gets bad results, very true. Nah I just usually go do something silly and let them stare.
Either they lose attention, or they smile. One way or another, I know where I stand. Initiating a conversation is something I only dare to do once I've gotten a smile though :D

All that fuss over getting an INTJ to respond. I think they'll come round when they want to, and if ever. I don't see the point of pressuring them that way.

If I can't decipher the meaning of an INTJ stare (for what it's worth, I think INTJ stares are inscrutable, unblinking, and rather like a cat's in its intense focus. Oh and INTJ eyes appear dead sometimes instead of what would be intense in someone else, as with most other forms of INTJ expression, I think. I heard an INTJ sing and it was dead, too, and a little pained, though relatively pitch accurate. Or that 's just my take on INTJs), I just break eye contact, shrug it off internally, and GET ON WITH WHAT I WAS INITIALLY DOING. The breaking of eye contact kind of comes naturally to me, I don't really think about it.

I'm comfortable not maintaining protracted gazes with people especially if I'm not really conscious of them. It's more likely that their eyes are just comfortable in my direction than that they're looking at me, really.

Once I am paying attention to them though, I tend to hold this INTJ's gaze for quite a bit, and that's unconscious and natural too; I don't realise I've been doing it till some time later.

That's probably an ENFP-INFP difference?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INTJ eyes appear dead sometimes

Yup, mine appear dead quite often I imagine, it's not just the eyes, more like the entire face - it's when we're zoned out and focussed internally and at rest.