• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I'm positive I have an NT soulmate?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, a lot of NT's have a secret mushy center

we prefer the more appropriate lexical and scientific definition: NTs attempt hide their gooeyness more than non NTs :steam:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It insinuates that each person only has one soulmate out of the 6 billion people on earth. Maybe there is a multiple-soulmate theory out there.

ill quote myself and then build upon it:

simply stated:

1. what makes us, "US" is our 'pattern' or geometric arrangement in space-time. this is described as our desires, memories, abilities, inherent personality etc.

2. love is the combo of the two more basic emotions of "joy" and "acceptance"

3. these emotions are caused to happen together, when one comes into contact with another "pattern" or "geometry" that meshes better than most other patterns with our own "pattern". this can apply to anything from food, an activity, an idea, or even a person.

4. Love is when we come across someone (or something) that matches so well with our desires, dreams, self (our 'pattern'), that we are deeply moved towards 'accepting' this thing that brings us 'joy'. This is why love probably follows and never precedes 'letting your guard down'. One must let their guard down, to truly be 'accepting' something...

5. working with the above definition of love, it is possible to see that there will be varying degrees of fit between our own geometric pattern and "other" patterns that "deeply move us towards accepting them".

6. In theory, there might be one pattern out of 6 billion that would match best.

7. In practice, the top xxx,xxx (insert #) will all be so similar in pattern that their "fit" with your pattern will have no "detectable" difference and therefore its as if you have xxx,xxx possible "perfect geometric matches".

There is your multiple-soulmate theory :D

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do as well, but for me I guess a 'soulmate' is someone who alters you on a fundamental level. A person you feel truly whole with, as if you've known them for many lives before and will meet again and again in lives to come. I've only felt it once. Hoping I'm right about the 'more than one' theory. :doh:

Bingo. You are right on.

Do you believe you can have this feeling with more than one person in your lifetime? Multiple 'soulmates'? Are you open to the idea?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Oh please no!
Is that what it means? Count me out.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I do as well, but for me I guess a 'soulmate' is someone who alters you on a fundamental level. A person you feel truly whole with, as if you've known them for many lives before and will meet again and again in lives to come. I've only felt it once. Hoping I'm right about the 'more than one' theory. :doh:

Bingo. You are right on.

Do you believe you can have this feeling with more than one person in your lifetime? Multiple 'soulmates'? Are you open to the idea?

Haha. This question should be posted to "How to mess with an NF's head?" thread.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't like the word soulmate because it has a sort of "perfect" connotation which I don't think is possible. No couple is "perfect" for each other because everyone has their clashing differences.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
The way the thread title is put...you probably don't.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Look for an ENTP or an ENTJ. I-I is awkward. E-I is a gamble, and E-E is just a festival until they burn out.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
To answer the OP. I too find NTs sexy.

We can be BFFs.

We can even go shopping together to attract all those super hot NTs!

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Yeah everyone, mystery solved. It's me. I'm the NT soulmate of Rainbows.

Come on Bows! Let's go play Jenga and Scrabble and Physics Games!!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe so but none of them want to hear that word.

I like the word soulmate. Simple because it's romantic. Deep. Some NT's hate the word soulmate because they're afraid to be romantic, which means they're afraid to expose their feelings (yes, they have them) or afraid to be soft or to acknowledge their softer side openly. Sometimes, ironically, it takes more strength to be soft than to be hard.

Do I believe I have a soul? I don't know. I do believe in myself, so what comprises me?

Do I believe in the romantic concept of a soul? Absolutely.
Do I believe that my soul has a counterpart, a mate? Absolutely.

I believe in duality and sexuality. For this concept to have reality, it requires two complementary halves. Male / female. Active / passive. Hard / soft. Each side has a mate. We are not meant to live and love alone.

Even if I could never prove the existence of a "soul", this IDEA of a soul has reality to me. Therefore, the concept of a soulmate has reality to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kick me out of the NT club if you want but I see nothing wrong with the term soul mate.

Re OP: Wanting to catch yourself a NT is fine but don't limit yourself to the romantic idealism of heavens parting and birds chirping when you meet them. If you're too full on NTs can get scared off, kinda like hunting deer, move too quickly and they'll bolt.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know. I think NF-NF pairing might more suit.

BTW I realize most N don't even consider an S. What's up with that.

I don't mind ESTJ or ISTJ or even ESTP

R

Riva

i don't mind a ESTJ girl. they really do know how to take care of things. and it is always easy to control someone who thinks the world rests on their shoulders.

they are control freaks. but my life would do good if i have a ESTJ wife when i get married and have kids.

and they i assume are not as brick-headed as ESTJ males. there is a sweet softer side to them that i like to bring out/tease out.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i completely agree. i think ENTJ ISTP would do well

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Actually, a lot of NT's have a secret mushy center that doesn't mind the idea of a 'soulmate' in my experience :alttongue:

its true.

I think it has to do with the fact that there is no such thing as a soul and if there was it wouldn't have a mate.

Love is just a pair bond evolved to keep couples together long enough to raise offspring.

INFJs may want to avoid the NTs with a really rigid and narrow cosmology.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, I believe in soulmates. I don't believe that we are all meant to find ours in this lifetime, though.