• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I'm positive I have an NT soulmate?

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe so but none of them want to hear that word.

:D

I will never say that to another NT again! I learned my lesson. Luckily, he didn't light my head on fire.

What about the word bothers you?

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM

I will never say that to another NT again! I learned my lesson. Luckily, he didn't light my head on fire.

i'm not an NT, but the word bothers me too. i wince when i hear it in movies or read it in paperbacks. maybe i've just never heard it in a plausible non-cheesy context.

maybe someday i'll believe it exists.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Hell, I don't like the word that much either. I think the concept is silly.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What about the word bothers you? [/FONT]

It insinuates that each person only has one soulmate out of the 6 billion people on earth. Maybe there is a multiple-soulmate theory out there.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'm not an NT, but the word bothers me too. i wince when i hear it in movies or read it in paperbacks. maybe i've just never heard it in a plausible non-cheesy context.

maybe someday i'll believe it exists.

Oh okay. Yeah, I don't like the cheesy context either. I didn't mean it that way, lol! I just believe that there are people you are connected to.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
It insinuates that each person only has one soulmate out of the 6 billion people on earth. Maybe there is a multiple-soulmate theory out there.

I do believe that a person can have more than one 'soulmate'.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do believe that a person can have more than one 'soulmate'.

I think that the whole soulmate and "the one" (now that term makes me cringe) argument comes from your other belief systems making it viable.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's a well known fact that the INFJ's ate their souls.

Relax, you'll meet them. Those people you'll just feel comfy around you don't really know where to meet 'em, no where and everywhere perhaps.

Well in my case it was an ENFJ.

Maybe so but none of them want to hear that word.

I'm kinda ambivalent. I don't really believe in the soulmate concept. I was only somewhat kidding when I said NTs (or at least me) don't have souls. However, I certainly think deep connections are possible, but it's not a soulmate connection.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a well known fact that NTs don't have souls.

This is most prevalently endorsed by the recent discovery that souls don't exist.
It's all highly scientifical.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP

I think it has to do with the fact that there is no such thing as a soul and if there was it wouldn't have a mate.

Love is just a pair bond evolved to keep couples together long enough to raise offspring.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is most prevalently endorsed by the recent discovery that souls don't exist.
It's all highly scientifical.

Word, you're just a woman with brain one-third the size of us men.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
So, I've been thinking. The idea of a soul mate is the wrong way to think about love. I feel that what people who believe in it really want is easy love, a relationship characterized by effortlessness. This is juvenile.

I believe that attraction, connection, communication, trust, development, and resources determine the success of healthy relationships. And, they all require a surprising amount of mutual commitment and effort to gain and maintain.

If someone told me they thought we were soul mates, prior to engagement, I would consider that person off their rocker. I don't want to date someone who believes a relationship should be effortless. I wouldn't trust them to be there when effort is required.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, I've been thinking. The idea of a soul mate is the wrong way to think about love. I feel that what people who believe in it really want is easy love, a relationship characterized by effortlessness. This is juvenile.

I believe that attraction, connection, communication, trust, development, and resources determine the success of healthy relationships. And, they all require a surprising amount of mutual commitment and effort to gain and maintain.

If someone told me they thought we were soul mates, prior to engagement, I would consider that person off their rocker. I don't want to date someone who believes a relationship should be effortless. I wouldn't trust them to be there when effort is required.

QFT

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I thought being soulmates just makes it more worth the effort to work on things, and that all relationships require work....common sense? But then again it is proven time and time again, I am off my rocker! and I love every minute of it!

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought being soulmates just makes it more worth the effort to work on things, and that all relationships require work....common sense? But then again it is proven time and time again, I am off my rocker! and I love every minute of it!

That's what I thought! Lol.
:peepwall: