• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to mess with an NT's head

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They can't get organized.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is never about winning or losing, it is always about clarifying and understanding, at least, for me it is.
Winning and losing is about social position and relative power, whereas clarifying is about the information. There is a difference between debating ideas or people. These two can get intermingled when a person identifies self with a particular set of ideas.

Qre:us

There is a difference between debating ideas or people. These two can get intermingled when a person identifies self with a particular set of ideas.

From someone who loves to debate for the sake of sifting through ideas/thoughts, irregardless of the person from which the thoughts arise, thank you for understanding. THANK YOU! :hug:

And, to stay on topic for others, this is another way to irritate an NT (esp. those that love debate for the exercise that it is) - take it personal! :steam:

G

garbage

How to mess with any NT's head? Call them a robot. The emotional tirade immediately following will prove that they're not, far beyond any logical argument they'd try to make to the contrary ;)

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Lemme guess, somebody, (you), got burned by an ENFP.

Am I right?!?

I think I am. And, I also think you need a big hug, here, this will have to do.

:hug:

Dude, you're better off changing types if you don't wanna deal with ENFPs, coz they're bound to gravitate towards ya :devil:

Chimy,

Why so pissed at life? Why are you so defensive? You build a massive wall around yourself to lock us all out on an anon internet forum. I can only imagine how this plays out in real life.

You have amazing traits and an amazing underlying structure. When an enfp plays with you it isnt to make fun of you or be critical of you. That's not what we do typically (unless you are a slimy entp).

When we play it is an extension of our Ne-ness. It's like fly fishing, we throw it out and see if it hooks onto things around us. When combined with an Fi, you get a crazy spastic ball of goofy silly, with a deep soulful core. So when we play we can hook you guys deeply I think.

I think you are either misunderstanding our intentions or terrified to let anyone touch the little Fi that lives within you. You protect that Fi more than even we, twisted messed up enfps do.

It makes me hurt a bit for you to see you so bitter becuase I know that is not a pretty place.

Love you little one!

I thought this was, how to mess with an NT, but an NT is messing with the NF's.:yim_rolling_on_the_

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
From someone who loves to debate for the sake of sifting through ideas/thoughts, irregardless of the person from which the thoughts arise, thank you for understanding. THANK YOU! :hug:

And, to stay on topic for others, this is another way to irritate an NT (esp. those that love debate for the exercise that it is) - take it personal! :steam:

See that doesn't irritate me that much it just amuses me because most people start to get offended when it get personal whereas i'm immune!!!!!!!!:yes:

Qre:us

^ But, that means an end to the debate. I'm amused by their reaction on a superficial level, but, on the grander scheme of things, for the true appreciation of debate, it means that the debate is ending. It is done (without some kind of conclusion reached, just due to emotional default). :(

G

garbage

Oh man.. I need to read threads before I reply to them.. I almost didn't know to break out the popcorn

I demand that the NFs and NTs make up, NOW. :steam:

sculpting

Oh man.. I need to read threads before I reply to them.. I almost didn't know to break out the popcorn

I have been trying to woo chimy now for days... no such luck... He totally could have a virtual threesome with a couple of hot enfp chicks, but like a strong, stubborn INTJ he stands by his principles....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If we could get rid of the entps, you really would be alone with your thoughts :)

G

garbage

I have been trying to woo chimy now for days... no such luck... He totally could have a virtual threesome with a couple of hot enfp chicks, but like a strong, stubborn INTJ he stands by his principles....

somehow I skipped over the word virtual when I read this and was severely disappointed when i reread the post

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
How to mess with an NT's head? Cry. Preferably for no reason.

I spent the larger part of last summer trying to amuse an emotionally unstable campaign manager and keep her from breaking down while talking to me on my porch. Because... that's deer-in-the headlights, I-don't-know-how-to-respond territory.

FWIW, it worked, but she would generally call me back five or ten minutes after leaving. Tears over the phone - that I can deal with.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5

POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want popcorn, you should share!!!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
To change the subject a tiny bit, I have seen a video in which my INTJ friend makes one of his roommates literally go berserk by saying a bunch of stuff he knows will annoy the roommate... NT's are pretty good at knowing what makes other people tick. :D

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
To change the subject a tiny bit, I have seen a video in which my INTJ friend makes one of his roommates literally go berserk by saying a bunch of stuff he knows will annoy the roommate... NT's are pretty good at knowing what makes other people tick. :D

HAHAHA, I do that when I play poker.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Lemme guess, somebody, (you), got burned by an ENFP.

Am I right?!?

I think I am. And, I also think you need a big hug, here, this will have to do.

:hug:
You're wrong. But i've noticed that a lot fo people assume something negative must have happened not in someone's favor for them to be against it.

ENFP's are irritating, for the most part they tell me that my natural way of being is wrong. Why in the hell would I want to be around someone who tells me the way I am is incorrect all the time?

I have dated one ENFP a long long time ago. But after being told that everything I do is unnatural and that I need to go with the flow and stop being me I couldn't take it and broke up with her.

Dude, you're better off changing types if you don't wanna deal with ENFPs, coz they're bound to gravitate towards ya :devil:

I've noticed a lot of people on here don't talk to the actual person as much as they talk to the type that's listed near their name without reallizing if that person is mistyped or not. IRL I don't talk to that many ENFP's. I see there here and there. They always talk to me, but eventually they get to that whole discussion about being natural and me being unnatural and I bluntly tell them I don't want to talk to them ever again. Someone telling me not to be me is not something I want in my life.

Chimy,

Why so pissed at life? Why are you so defensive? You build a massive wall around yourself to lock us all out on an anon internet forum. I can only imagine how this plays out in real life.

You have amazing traits and an amazing underlying structure. When an enfp plays with you it isnt to make fun of you or be critical of you. That's not what we do typically (unless you are a slimy entp).

When we play it is an extension of our Ne-ness. It's like fly fishing, we throw it out and see if it hooks onto things around us. When combined with an Fi, you get a crazy spastic ball of goofy silly, with a deep soulful core. So when we play we can hook you guys deeply I think.

I think you are either misunderstanding our intentions or terrified to let anyone touch the little Fi that lives within you. You protect that Fi more than even we, twisted messed up enfps do.

It makes me hurt a bit for you to see you so bitter becuase I know that is not a pretty place.

Love you little one!
ENFP's irritate me.
I don't care to share how I feel or what emotionally drives me to very many people, especially not strangers on an internet forum, and especially not the ones I DON'T like. Why would I, it's my life to live how I want to live.

Such an honest and insightful post!!!

:heart:

Thanks happy puppy!!!

And, Chimerical, do yourself a favor and listen to this wise lady, she knows what she speaks of.

:yes:

She knows what will make HER happy. You may agree but I do not.