• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP- LOVE matches made in typology

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love matches in typology are utter bullshit. Don't go after a certain type that supposedly matches you, go after a person that you connect to at a deeper level and get along with. There is too much variation in type and the interests/hobbies of people within a type to have a solid basis for matching them to other types (basically it is non-scientific). People attract people, not types attract types.

Well said.

+1

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
oh
i thought didums and harlow were the same for some reason. i wasnt really paying attention. nevermind, carry on...

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I seem to have a thing for INFPs irl. Although it's quite often a "can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em" dynamic. ;)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I hope Keirsey is right about the ENTP-INFJ match being really strong.
In that case, once I achieve what I want to achieve, I'm golden.. :D

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hope Keirsey is right about the ENTP-INFJ match being really strong.
In that case, once I achieve what I want to achieve, I'm golden.. :D

but more important than the types are hte people. One of my best friends is infj. We can really chill.

However, I dated an infj last year. While we got along great, tehre was always something missing for me.

My ex is an enfp. where we didnt get alogn was that soemthing extra was added, lol. We make better good friends than lovers, but i would date anotehr enfp in a heartbeat.

people make relationships strong, not types. Types are jsut a guideline on how people might work, but not who they are.

G

garbage

When we'd first met, it just turned out there was a strong mutual attraction well before I figured out her type. It just so happens that the personality traits she exhibited that led me to be attracted to her were correlated with those of a certain type, not that I'd limited my selection due to type alone.

Typology isn't a guide to romance, but it certainly did provide a starting point to understand her and other people better.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ- ENFP, ISFP, ENTP

ENFP... obviously yes. Small problem: Te used strategically to eliminate threats to Fi... makes for loopy, looping, skittish conversations, and sometimes long gaps in coming back together.

ISFP... hmmm... I have an ISFP buddy and did accidentally wonder one day what would happen if he were female... had to clean my mind out after that. I could see how sex would motivate ignoring the big halting gaps in communication style. ESFP might work it out better, less interest in letting the halts stretch out.

ENTP... not sure I know any, but I think I may, and... scary. Chilly. Watching each other too closely.

How about INFP? I met an INFP guy and it seemed like instant rapport, and he bugs me for that very reason. Monster Fi which calls on me to ramp up the organisational, interpersonal energy level. I am NOT AN ENTJ-nimal!

INFJ... I tend to like them immediately too because there always seems an instant mature communication. But I'm Fe-wary too so, without some necessary choosing to disengage a little, big time competition problems for emotional satisfaction.

Activation functions, people! There's the dual seeking functions--number 5--people look for in others what's 5th for themselves--and then there's the activation functions... I dunno which ones these are, but I assume people are activated when their third or fourth functions are engaged: Fi/Se for an NTJ.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
id rather not date a nf

If that's really you in your avatar, get down here and I'll date the shit out of you.

(And contrary to what Nocap thinks, I'm really not an NF.)

redacted

uhhh. yeah but once you see how the person and the people youve been with, you notice the pattern. whether or not i knew about typology i just cant be with someone who uses their emotions over their thinking skills. theres just certain things and characteristic traits that people are drawn to and for the most part, that reflect in types.

Emotion is not the same thing as Feeling.

Only really immature people act on emotion more than "thinking", which I infer really means [not letting your emotions govern your actions].

pecan111

Can everyone tell me what they think is/are their best match(es) for each of these types?

ENTP-

well for me, i am older than most of you and i have dated enfj, infj, isfj, isfp, estp, entp, intj, esfp...and perhaps others ..

I have realized it just doesn't do well to type people...there are simply so many vairations of each type and you can develop so differently in life, that typing isn't the best way to approach dating..

I used to do just that and I wanted someone to be a certain type..WRONG WRONG!!! it just doesnt' work that way at all..

i have a strong tendency to attract and be attracted to feelers. they are my counterbalance , but i have noticed that i now attract more developed feelers, partly due to age and partly due to my own development..feelers i knew when i was younger were usually too clingy, whereas they tend to use thinking more and thus themselves are more balanced. IT makes for a very nice blend..

Last edited by a moderator:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am still trying to figure out the type of blow up girls :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about INFP? I met an INFP guy and it seemed like instant rapport, and he bugs me for that very reason. Monster Fi which calls on me to ramp up the organisational, interpersonal energy level. I am NOT AN ENTJ-nimal!

I tend to instantly click with you INTJs almost instantly as well, I'm not entirely sure why it's not a popular relationship. Remember I was just listing THEORIES!!! Not my own personal opinion, it seems I'm getting jumped on for listing some theories. Yeesh. :tongue:

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
If that's really you in your avatar, get down here and I'll date the shit out of you.

(And contrary to what Nocap thinks, I'm really not an NF.)

I dont think that is her, but her profile pictures are even more stunning.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Can everyone tell me what they think is/are their best match(es) for each of these types?

I'm an INTJ, but very extroverted. Women who usually find me attractive are ENTP and INFJ. Women I find attractive are ENTP and ISFJ.

If I break it down into the letters: I prefer E and N, the rest doesn't matter. I've never dated an ENTJ, though. I don't think I even know an ENTJ female.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
I have dated many SJs and most of my energy is spent converting my digital data to their analog format, it's such a waste for an NT to do this in a relationship, spend effort on something that will never just be understood.

This is a good analogy.
Not long ago I threw up my hands in frustration after an exchange with my SJ husband and said I wished that I could just say what I wanted to say and have the other person just get it without explanation, clarification or repeating of it. I feel like we both speak different languages and I have to translate the words first before we can even begin to discuss the topic. :BangHead:
This is a problem not only with serious, important discussions but can even involve something as insignificant as talking about errands or chores.
It's so exhausting!

So put that in the con column NT's and SJ's if you are contemplating a relationship with each other.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to some theories I've read- EDIT: THIS ARE ALL BASED ON THEORY, NOT MY OPINION!

ENTJ- INFP, ESFP, ISTP
ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ
INTJ- ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
INTP- ESTJ, ENTJ, ISFJ

The theories are this- You get the reciprocal of your dominant function (Ti dom gets with Te dom for example), you keep E/I and swap everything else around, or you keep S/N and you swap everything else around.

i dont believe theories like this. i think every person has something they like/want from other and it may not be anything like this theory.

for example i like Ne function on other people and since its my second function, i like someone who does it better, in other words has it as first function. This allows play at same wave lengths. Also since im Ti dom and my Fi is pretty weak, i want someone who balances this weakness of mine having good Fi and since i like Ne to be the first function i want Fi to be the second. Other person having Fi as second, not first function also makes it bit easier for my Fe to handle since it doesent require as much attention as the first function. Using my Fe vs Fi also helps me grow in healthy way and in a way that i want to grow. Other functions doesent matter that much, but Te as third function(if its able to function) for her would be pretty nice since it could(if its developed enough) help her understand my Ti, used with her Ne.
But the problem with this setup is that the attraction might not be mutual that easily, especially if she has low Te and therefore it would take maybe bit too much effort for her to understand me.

But this same function setup might not work with me and every other person who has this my preferred function order. Some persons with other type might make me like her function order as much as this preferred one. But nice enfp girls make me instant :wubbie: much easier and stronger than other types.

I think its funny when some of these theories suggest that thinkers should be with thinkers and feelers with feelers. Personally i think just the opposite since f and t compliments each others weak spots so well. When i want to use my Ti, i like to do it internally(suprice?), not always arguing about what is logically correct etc. I can do that with some of my friends. Not to mention that F girls makes me want to feel too, Ts just make me want to argue, discuss about science or theorize by brainstorming about pretty hard core science stuff, and this is something that i like to do mostly with my entp and intj science nerd male friends. Oh yea and probably the most important thing is that i dont want to look stupid on my So's eyes and i dont want to be with anyone that thinks logically like me, but is stupid with it compared to me, instead i want someone who masters other way of thinking than me that i can adore about her and that i master some way of thinking that she can adore and i can help her with problems that require objective logic.

But this is just my personal preferences and some other intps most likely have others likes, but since personal likes change this much, this kind of theories are bullshit and i think its wrong that people post this kind of bullshit theories that some people might blindly follow and start following this theorys route(that might make the person go to some relationships that arent right for him/her by seeing only the positives from mbti aspect of the possible relationships) instead thinking by him-/herself what he or she likes.