• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP- LOVE matches made in typology

AliceofMerion

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Can everyone tell me what they think is/are their best match(es) for each of these types?
ENTJ-
ENTP-
INTJ-
INTP-

NOTE:
Being a female NT (ENTJ) I have noticed that since I am Thinking, which is a more masculine trait than feeling, my personality creates a fatal attraction to a few different personality types in the dating arena. Before I was hooked on MBTI I used to just think it was people of certain professions. (I dated 7 or so engineers, none of which worked out). So, I started eliminating certain professions from my dating pool, ie.. lawyers, police officers, engineers, contractors.... but then after MTBI I noticed that its not entirely the profession its teh majority of personalities that are attracted to each profession.

SOoooo, I am starting this thread because I think its best to not venture down proven roads that will not work for you try out personality types that have been tested by others to work.

History of what I have dated thus far, several ESTJ's (fatal attraction) , there ENTJ's (fatal attraction at first but almost like being a narcissist when actually staying in relationship because its like dating yourself, haha), ISTP (amazing sexual chemistry but its too hard to talk about the elephant with this person when its not in the room).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
you select your dates based on profession ?
o_O

That like, REALLY sad

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
2 INTJ's I know are with ENFJs. Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.

p.s. I have an engineering degree but contract online now. Would I be datable?

G

garbage

you select your dates based on profession ?
o_O

That like, REALLY sad

I take it as a factor, at least. We tend to be drawn to careers that allow us to exercise our strengths, so one's career can tell a lot about them. That said, I don't actively go to, say, nursing conventions to meet humanitarians, nor do I drop someone just because of their profession.

It's not just the career, however.. everything about a person has the potential to say a lot more about them.

My recommendation: try something different. Introverted feelers have worked pretty well for me; in particular, INFP.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.

Yeah, they do that. :D

Aaand I agree with greed on the INFP thing. NFs and NTs are good for each other. Usually.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to some theories I've read- EDIT: THIS ARE ALL BASED ON THEORY, NOT MY OPINION!

ENTJ- INFP, ESFP, ISTP
ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ
INTJ- ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
INTP- ESTJ, ENTJ, ISFJ

The theories are this- You get the reciprocal of your dominant function (Ti dom gets with Te dom for example), you keep E/I and swap everything else around, or you keep S/N and you swap everything else around.

Last edited:

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Honestly, I would say don't find a mate based on typology. I think it's best not to know your lover's type, otherwise you'll forever be trying to predict and analyze their feelings, motivations, etc., and that will override you getting to know who they really are as an individual, independent from type.

What I've learned is to just love the person for who they are...not who they have the potential to be because they're a certain type. Otherwise you'll just constantly be comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities of both your types and that's no way to find love; it'll just slowly cause a chasm to open between the both of you in your mind. I think this is especially true of NTJ types because we can't help analyzing and rationalizing to death. You'll just intuitively know and feel if someone is right for you.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
uhhh. yeah but once you see how the person and the people youve been with, you notice the pattern. whether or not i knew about typology i just cant be with someone who uses their emotions over their thinking skills. theres just certain things and characteristic traits that people are drawn to and for the most part, that reflect in types.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
2 INTJ's I know are with ENFJs. Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.

I'd agree with this. The over scheduling isn't frequent though.

Didums

Love matches in typology are utter bullshit. Don't go after a certain type that supposedly matches you, go after a person that you connect to at a deeper level and get along with. There is too much variation in type and the interests/hobbies of people within a type to have a solid basis for matching them to other types (basically it is non-scientific). People attract people, not types attract types.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love matches in typology are utter bullshit. Don't go after a certain type that supposedly matches you, go after a person that you connect to at a deeper level and get along with. There is too much variation in type and the interests/hobbies of people within a type to have a solid basis for matching them to other types (basically it is non-scientific). People attract people, not types attract types.

If only people could understand that. Agree x infinity. The "match" is between two people, not two types. Although some of the relationships seem like they would make sense in how they work out, it isn't anything to guide yourself by in finding a SO.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ

WARNING WARNING!! Uhhh an ENTP and ESFJ? Maybe if you wanna create a reality show where you try to catch a man in the act of killing his wife!
Honestly, I would say don't find a mate based on typology. I think it's best not to know your lover's type, otherwise you'll forever be trying to predict and analyze their feelings, motivations, etc., and that will override you getting to know who they really are as an individual, independent from type.

What I've learned is to just love the person for who they are...not who they have the potential to be because they're a certain type. Otherwise you'll just constantly be comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities of both your types and that's no way to find love; it'll just slowly cause a chasm to open between the both of you in your mind. I think this is especially true of NTJ types because we can't help analyzing and rationalizing to death. You'll just intuitively know and feel if someone is right for you.

This has so much to do with age and an understanding of self that I totally disagree with it as a broad statement. For many types our shadows seems amazing at first but they aren't. While I don't think dating based on MBTI tells a whole story I think it does give some pretty good ideas and I would tend to try and seek out types you know you're most inclined to be compatible with.

I DO NOT think Sensors and iNtuitives mix well together, I just don't think it's a design that allows both to truly be who they are and thrive. It of course can work, I just don't think it's an ideal match.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NJ's for me, thanks :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Well said.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If only people could understand that. Agree x infinity. The "match" is between two people, not two types. Although some of the relationships seem like they would make sense in how they work out, it isn't anything to guide yourself by in finding a SO.

You're making a distinction where I don't know that there is one. As "two people" you take a test that gives you some idea of the "type" of person you are. If there was a dating test with questions such as "I will cheat often" two people could take it and rule out "types" that we less than ideal for them with great accuracy.

My point is simply that some types mix very poorly and well other things like upbringing come into play as a general rule you can conclude types that are more inclined to understand you and how you work and from there things are much easier.

I have dated many SJs and most of my energy is spent converting my digital data to their analog format, it's such a waste for an NT to do this in a relationship, spend effort on something that will never just be understood.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never said ESFJ-ENTP would work Tuscon, I was simply referring to a theory I had read. I personally think it would be a recipe for disaster.