• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP- LOVE matches made in typology

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
well for me, i am older than most of you and i have dated enfj, infj, isfj, isfp, estp, entp, intj, esfp...and perhaps others ..

Maybe the method you are using - 'date every person on the planet to find your match' may seem an ineffective and time consuming way of finding a partner to some. They might like to use some criteria that will narrow down the odds a bit. MBTI seems as good as any.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have dated many SJs and most of my energy is spent converting my digital data to their analog format, it's such a waste for an NT to do this in a relationship, spend effort on something that will never just be understood.

I feel like this with most everyone, not just SJ's. I usually get along pretty well with guys who have Te dom personalities, and many of my close girl friends are ISFJ's. Still, they aren't without effort much of the time. I clash a bit with other INTJs... we're just too suspicious of each other and with both parties disinclined to keep in touch the friendships fizzle pretty quickly.

The only types that consistently get on my nerves are ENFJ's. We get into arguments more often than not and the communication gap seems enormous.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to some theories I've read- EDIT: THIS ARE ALL BASED ON THEORY, NOT MY OPINION!

ENTJ- INFP, ESFP, ISTP
ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ
INTJ- ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
INTP- ESTJ, ENTJ, ISFJ

The theories are this- You get the reciprocal of your dominant function (Ti dom gets with Te dom for example), you keep E/I and swap everything else around, or you keep S/N and you swap everything else around.
The only one I can agree with is INTJ...I'm not sure what would happen with an INFJ, but I would probably kill the ESFJ.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can everyone tell me what they think is/are their best match(es) for each of these types?
ENTJ-
ENTP-
INTJ-
INTP-

NOTE:
Being a female NT (ENTJ) I have noticed that since I am Thinking, which is a more masculine trait than feeling, my personality creates a fatal attraction to a few different personality types in the dating arena. Before I was hooked on MBTI I used to just think it was people of certain professions. (I dated 7 or so engineers, none of which worked out). So, I started eliminating certain professions from my dating pool, ie.. lawyers, police officers, engineers, contractors.... but then after MTBI I noticed that its not entirely the profession its teh majority of personalities that are attracted to each profession.

SOoooo, I am starting this thread because I think its best to not venture down proven roads that will not work for you try out personality types that have been tested by others to work.

History of what I have dated thus far, several ESTJ's (fatal attraction) , there ENTJ's (fatal attraction at first but almost like being a narcissist when actually staying in relationship because its like dating yourself, haha), ISTP (amazing sexual chemistry but its too hard to talk about the elephant with this person when its not in the room).
ENTJ - INTP, ISTP
ENTP - INFJ, INTJ
INTP - ENTJ, ESTJ
INTJ - ENFP, ENTP

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ - INTP, ISTP
ENTP - INFJ, INTJ
INTP - ENTJ, ESTJ
INTJ - ENFP, ENTP

so you think ENFJs and INFPs are not well matched with thinking types?

also, i think most INTPs would never ever in a million years date an ESTJ. spectacularly incompatible match.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Why do people keep putting ENTP and INTJ together?

Chthonic

1. They don't know any better.

2. They have a death wish.

Quite agree, it's not my favourite combo, the only other less likely combo is INTJ/INTP....just no.

I don't truly know the types of my past partners but I'll take a guess at...

ESFP 3W4 so/sp
ESFP 7W8 ??
ESTJ
INFP

Needless to say none of them lasted.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
What has worked or would work well for me:
ESFP
ENFP
INFJ
ISTP
INTP

What will end in blood and tears:
ENTJ
INTJ
ESTP
ISFJ (maybe not, but the only ones I know in person kind of creep me out)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite agree, it's not my favourite combo, the only other less likely combo is INTJ/INTP....just no.

ESFP 3W4 so/sp
ESFP 7W8 ??
ESTJ
INFP

ESFP
ENFP
INFJ
ISTP
INTP

ENTJ
INTJ
ESTP

What the hell type are you guys? Might help.

I've dated an ENTP and it was AWESOME.

Maybe ENTP-ENTJ, but that sounds like a recipe for a lot of drama and fighting. Which could lead to a lot of great make up sex, but probably not long term viable.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP.

Not worth it in my experience.

ESFP
ENFP
INFJ
ISTP
INTP

ENTJ
INTJ
ESTP

If I may be so bold, why come some work some don't?

ENTP-ENFP I've done, worked well. Tendency for 2 ENxPs to get punch drunk around each other, like intoxicating, which CAN be good.

A xxxJ seems like it would be a good influence. I really think I need an extrovert though.

Chthonic

ESFP 3W4 so/sp
ESFP 7W8 ??
ESTJ
INFP

For clarity I am INTJ.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
If I may be so bold, why come some work some don't?

ENTP-ENFP I've done, worked well. Tendency for 2 ENxPs to get punch drunk around each other, like intoxicating, which CAN be good.

A xxxJ seems like it would be a good influence. I really think I need an extrovert though.

I'm mostly basing it on people that I know that have these personality types, if I can't even be friends with someone because our personalities clash I certainly can't date them. J is definitely a good influence (I need someone to help me with structure and order as well) but it's a source of a lot of frustration at times.

baccheion

Given that I frequently hear of INTJs with ENFJs and INTPs with ENFPs (and INFJs), I'll generalize that combination:

ENTJ: ISTJ and ENFP
ENTP: ENFJ and INFP
INTJ: ENFJ and INFP
INTP: INFJ and ENFP

Regardless of how well these relationships last, they seem to be very common and begin very quickly and naturally.

Chthonic

INTJ: ENFJ and INFP

I'll give credence to this and say that attraction with an INFP is very easy for me. The softness of the expression and quirkiness of the sense of humour is a good combination to this often too serious and black humoured INTJ. But frustration sets in with the INFPs [perceived] lack of internal drive for me. It comes across as a lot of faffing about instead of reaching for what you want directly. I love to be of service to a partner but when I perceive they have no interest in helping themselves then I just can't do it anymore. It would be different for me if they said...well faffing about is my lifes mission and I'm happy. Then I could just live with it, it's when its coupled with a lot of whinging and excuses as to why they just can't win that becomes a problem. :mad:

I've never met an ENFJ and probably wouldn't know what to do with one anyway.:D

ESFP is a difficult one for me. The living in the moment and spontaneity is initially very attractive, they are a stimulating bunch. But it soon becomes draining too with the copious levels of random. The lack of planning, evading anything concrete because it interferes with their need to just 'experience' is a point of fail for me. I'm forward looking and only really feel comfortable when I've got plans. I can't fly by the seat of my pants in life. It's an ideological difference which dooms any relationship with me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ESFP is a difficult one for me. The living in the moment and spontaneity is initially very attractive, they are a stimulating bunch. But it soon becomes draining too with the copious levels of random. The lack of planning, evading anything concrete because it interferes with their need to just 'experience' is a point of fail for me. I'm forward looking and only really feel comfortable when I've got plans. I can't fly by the seat of my pants in life. It's an ideological difference which dooms any relationship with me.

Such a nightmare. I'm sure some ESFP's are delightful people but..no.

ENFJ's - just bake them cookies. Even the crappy break and bake ones. They're all about the soft and warm from the oven.