• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
And I agree with fluff. When an intp is busy making excuses, it's usually because he's busy having a panic attack. You sure about that gf?
Yeah, see. We're normally so good at repressing those emotions that we don't have a clue what we're feeling, when. When the emotions hit strongly enough to overflow into consciousness, it short circuits the system. First impulse is to back way off, until the geyser goes down and it's safe to creep back and pick over the damage.

You ever see The China Syndrome?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I like them because they are even more awkward than I am... cute little bundles of rocks. The whole lot of them. :hug:

Meh, that's a bit cliché and patronising, I prefer to think of them as full-blown humans. "Look at the little INTP freaks that must be saved from their blundering selves...aww so squishy let's try and pet them and hope they don't bite."....Nah thanks.

WTF?

I'm adorable.

Only when you paint your toenails.

We're adorable, but not easy to handle. :3

Yeah, I generally disagree with the former and sometimes with the latter.

PS: Mac I know I once called INTPs cute. I was deluded. Not really, I just feel like playing advocate of the devil. :p

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I don't think it's a bad thing...I mean do you wake up in the morning and admire your adorableness?

I'm looking out for you guys - we can't have you suffer from the puppy --> full-grown dog syndrome..."at first it was so cute he was looking at me and didn't know what to do, such a novelty, but then after a while he didn't say "I love you" every day and I just tied him to a tree and left him there."

Can't have a forest full of INTPs howling at the moon.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Meh, that's a bit cliché and patronising, I prefer to think of them as full-blown humans.

Sounds like you've been burned by one too many of the traditional INTP blundering excuses.

No matter - more for me. :devil:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think it's a bad thing...I mean do you wake up in the morning and admire your adorableness?

Actually, no, I hadn't thought it through, I do find INTJ's adorable (to observe). But INTP/INTJ is so not relationship material. *shivers*

And I don't see myself as adorable at all, but I do meet a lot of people finding me adorable.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Sounds like you've been burned by one too many of the traditional INTP blundering excuses.

No matter - more for me. :devil:

Nope, none at all.

I just thought it was time for a radical change in perspective.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're not cute, they're hot; damn hot if you're not prepared for when they open up... :doh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, none at all.

I just thought it was time for a radical change in perspective.

A change in perspective? Hmpf, INTJ's and their outer wordly understanding of subjectivity.

You're not here to change perspective, you're here to add a perspective. ;)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
A change in perspective? Hmpf, INTJ's and their outer wordly understanding of subjectivity.

You're not here to change perspective, you're here to add a perspective. ;)

As you cannot work with two perspectives at one time 100% simultaneously, it's always a change in perspective, if you insist on semantics.

My idea is to go back and forth between the perspectives. Adding and changing are not mutually exclusive.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only when you paint your toenails.

WTF?

I'm adorable when raving drunk!

P.S. It's called devil's advocate, and it's the INTP's thing to do!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As you cannot work with two perspectives at one time 100% simultaneously, it's always a change in perspective, if you insist on semantics.

My idea is to go back and forth between the perspectives. Adding and changing are not mutually exclusive.

What I meant ofcourse is that you seemed to storm in here, and say that it's a good thing you came here and said what you said, but what everyone else had been saying was ridiculous! (In need of a radical change of perspective). To which I responded mildly sarcastic and humorous. Which you then took as a serious attempt to take a slander at you and go defensive by assuming I am insisting on semantics which I wasn't as the only point I was trying to make is that people have different opinions, and it may be better if you give yours as it if is your"subjective opinion and not as if it is the only right one.

No offense was meant. :p

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
WTF?

I'm adorable when raving drunk!

P.S. It's called devil's advocate, and it's the INTP's thing to do!

I believe it.

Are you flexing the J again? It's not...learn to play nice and share.

What I meant ofcourse is that you seemed to storm in here, and say that it's a good thing you came here and said what you said, but what everyone else had been saying was ridiculous! (In need of a radical change of perspective). To which I responded mildly sarcastic and humorous. Which you then took as a serious attempt to take a slander at you and go defensive by assuming I am insisting on semantics which I wasn't as the only point I was trying to make is that people have different opinions, and it may be better if you give yours as it if is your"subjective opinion and not as if it is the only right one.

No offense was meant. :p

Now you're just scaring me. You might want to retake that MBTI test.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm afraid your INTP membership has been revoked for some time now, but no one had the heart to tell you.

I never signed up for a membership. :O

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It means you're not one of those INTP's trying desperatly to belong. ;)