• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wind-up: I think there just has to be some sort of rapport first.

I think that what I've posted up till now should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously, generally speaking, any sort of relationship has to be based on chemistry, compatible interests ect and allowing things to develop from there. But, that said, it's nice to think that if I happen to meet that cute, quirky, quietly brilliant individual who happens to share my humble dream of establishing a benevolent dictatorship, and happens to think I'm neat too then Ill have an idea of how hed like to be approached. A girl can dream can't she? :tongue:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think that what I've posted up till now should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously, generally speaking, any sort of relationship has to be based on chemistry, compatible interests ect and allowing things to develop from there. But, that said, it's nice to think that if I happen to meet that cute, quirky, quietly brilliant individual who happens to share my humble dream of establishing a benevolent dictatorship, and happens to think I'm neat too then Ill have an idea of how hed like to be approached. A girl can dream can't she? :tongue:

Why do you have to be in Texas :(

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
How expansive of an empire do you plan on establishing?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If I told ESTJ what a benevolent dictatorship was I'd give her a headache.

But you're right, no excuse.

I wasn't talking about her - I was talking about us:

ActionFigures1.jpg

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
...Once the ice is broken though, they won't stfu.

:laugh:

:blink:

Ok. So..let me get this straight.

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.

I don't know what to do with this. Also, I think my head might explode.

:rofl1: Priceless. I think we've come full circle.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sorry, with a grain of salt we can de-ice a road!

The ENTJ females I know are all blessed with a large helping of confidence and can talk about most anything. I'm just thinking about how I met my ENTJ friend...

We were in a large crowd 15+ people and she has a very intimidating presence. We just said hello and that's it. I was kinda scared of her! It wasn't until the next week when me, a friend and ENTJ went to the beach that we just started talking. The conversation was really easy and ENTJ told our common acquaintance afterward that she really liked me and out of the 15+ people at the bar I was one of the only girls she didn't think was "stupid" I wasn't even aware that ENTJ was impressed with me and that I was even worth noting. :worthy: Needless to say, I was very flattered.

I don't know if this helps and this ENTJ and I are friends - nothing more - it totally sounds romantic though :laugh: but I think it can be used as a general impression these types may get from each other. Once I realized she genuinely liked my company I was immediately at ease with her and the rest is history. We don't have to do much guessing about where you stand. You shouldn't have too much trouble with seduction because there wouldn't be any mixed messages! I'd say build from the one-on-one and integrate your other social contacts to hang out with INTP (once you meet him) once he feels comfortable with you. :cheese:

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Ok. So..let me get this straight.

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.
By George, she's got it!

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
All the more proof that no person has creative thoughts and that copyright law is not justified.

That, or some really weird "fools seldom differ" moment. (note the humor)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're already taken, settle down...

If I told ESTJ what a benevolent dictatorship was I'd give her a headache.

But you're right, no excuse.

I wasn't talking about her - I was talking about us:

ActionFigures1.jpg

Hahaha. I'm looking at this and weighing my urge to go after whats off-limits against my inherent wariness of the ENTP vicious streak.

We don't have to do much guessing about where you stand. You shouldn't have too much trouble with seduction because there wouldn't be any mixed messages! I'd say build from the one-on-one and integrate your other social contacts to hang out with INTP (once you meet him) once he feels comfortable with you. :cheese:

Neat. Something that straight forward would be a relief I think. Thanks for the advice.

How expansive of an empire do you plan on establishing?

Thats a long conversation and I dont want to derail too much, but Ive given a lot of thought to this and I think that global empires more feasible now than it would have been 200 yrs ago when that kind of thing was really at its peak. We live in an era of transtate entities, and I think that the structure thats tapped that the most successfully is the mnc. So, as briefly as possible, I think you could fairly easily establish a world empire as long as you utilized a decentralized power base with tightly integrated autonomous "nodes" that your government could operate from. Its a really really rough idea. Ill pm you.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hahaha. I'm looking at this and weighing my urge to go after whats off-limits against my inherent wariness of the ENTP vicious streak.

I know you would prove to be a worthy adversary, but my advice is to walk away... walk away slowly.

It's funny, I would surely sacrifice my prized possession in order to win (sorry Jock), so you better believe I have a vicious streak. :devil:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Thats a long conversation and I dont want to derail too much, but Ive given a lot of thought to this and I think that global empires more feasible now than it would have been 200 yrs ago when that kind of thing was really at its peak. We live in an era of transtate entities, and I think that the structure thats tapped that the most successfully is the mnc. So, as briefly as possible, I think you could fairly easily establish a world empire as long as you utilized a decentralized power base with tightly integrated autonomous "nodes" that your government could operate from. Its a really really rough idea. Ill pm you.
I await that PM.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty easy, tell them that you like them, ask if they feel the same way, ta-da!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I honestly don't think I can be seduced from scratch. I have to pick you, if that makes sense. If someone marks me as theirs and tries to put the charm on me, then I'm suddenly very confused and I don't know if I would have liked them objectively or not.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
--Take out your wallet and show them those pictures of you from the Star Trek gathering in Iowa
--Show them your MASSIVE Hard drive
--Show them your level 78 Night Elf
-- Tell them that your milkshakes really do bring all the boys to the yard.

No, no, no..

Sorry. I really don't have any good tricks up my sleeve. I guess you have to play it my situation.