• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
They're just curious creatures is all. An enigma. People love puzzles, and these guys are the Chinese box that no one can open.

I suspect though that they're really just a more interesting version of INTJ's, who ultimately have no souls. They're more robotic even than we are, but they come in a more enticing package. They are naught but a venus fly trap!

Run! Run away I say!

*wonders if she's scared away the competition yet so she can have all the INTPEEZ to herself*
:eek: INTJs like us? You guys are like ENTJs, but less domineering. I like my INTJs. :wubbie:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If by helpful you mean "tell you how to do everything the most 'practical' way possible", then sure. :cheese:

at what? organizing your life?

Mostly in the effecting of a decision rathar than, after discussing something, both of us taking our time to get it done. With a J I feel more like getting up and going rather than having to push myself to get up and going on things. Then again, I do get a more relaxed timeline with a P, so...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it somewhat funny that I can kill the responses to a thread. Oh well, I'm sure due to the subject matter someone will post to this one again.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I didn't feel like going through 50+ pages, but I'm really curious where are typical INTP hangouts? Are INTP guys easily intimidated? I read Salt n' Peppers post in the ENTJ/INTP thread and am now seriously intrigued.

Also:

I find it somewhat funny that I can kill the responses to a thread. Oh well, I'm sure due to the subject matter someone will post to this one again.

Aww that's not true. Be nice to yourself, Mr. Kitty. :hug:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I didn't feel like going through 50+ pages, but I'm really curious where are typical INTP hangouts? Are INTP guys easily intimidated? I read Salt n' Peppers post in the ENTJ/INTP thread and am now seriously intrigued.

I think they're less intimidated and more clueless.

Aww that's not true. Be nice to yourself, Mr. Kitty. :hug:

I am nice to myself... sometimes :cheese:

=^.^=

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they're less intimidated and more clueless.

I'm not sure what to do with that. I have a habit of not letting a lot of guesswork be involved when im interested in someone. So, theoretically, if I were to go up to one of these guys and say "Hey, youre cute and I think youre interesting. Wanna have dinner?" He wouldn't freeze and run away?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure what to do with that. I have a habit of not letting a lot of guesswork be involved when im interested in someone. So, theoretically, if I were to go up to one of these guys and say "Hey, youre cute and I think youre interesting. Wanna have dinner?" He wouldn't freeze and run away?

I could see a freeze while he thinks "WTF"; whether he runs or not I'll have to leave to the actual INTPs to deliberate on, though

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Actually that'd be pretty welcome, sorting through the bs is typically tough. Getting that wondering out of the way is always nice, just it might take a while to actually come up with an answer.

I've had friends call me up and ask me if I'm going to be somewhere in a couple days, go to this person's party etc, and I just don't know.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP

I could see a freeze while he thinks "WTF"; whether he runs or not I'll have to leave to the actual INTPs to deliberate on, though

:yes:

I suspect I would run, unless it had been clear for a little while at least that there was some kind of mutual interest. Unless I was in a f*ckit, let's do something random mood (unlikely, but not impossible).

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

If you randomly come up to me? My instinct would be to withdraw and think about it. If I knew you a bit, I'd probably say yes (unless I didn't like you of course).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

They might come along but make sure the liquor is flowing or else you might as well just talk to your plate. Once the ice is broken though, they won't stfu. (but the ice is broken around date 10...)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

I suspect I would run, unless it had been clear for a little while at least that there was some kind of mutual interest. Unless I was in a f*ckit, let's do something random mood (unlikely, but not impossible).

Yeah, I have to know it's coming. Otherwise, I'm like *deer in headlights*, "yeah, I think I've got a thing that night. Yeah. Oh, which night? All of them, I think. I'm pretty busy."

Just because I haven't had a chance to figure out if I want to go out with you yet. I don't know if that's how the dudes are or not.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, but female INTPs are harder to get than the male ones, at least from what I've seen.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:blink:

Ok. So..let me get this straight.

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.

I don't know what to do with this. Also, I think my head might explode.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.

The bright smile and friendly attitude thing usually works, given time.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wind-up: I think there just has to be some sort of rapport first.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

By George, I think she's got it!

Wind-up: I think there just has to be some sort of rapport first.

Yeah, this. If there's a real rapport between the two of us, I would be open to being asked out.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:yim_rolling_on_the_

This is probably the most perfect dissemination of INTP behavior I've seen all throughout this thread!

It's virtually impossible to "seduce" an INTP. It's more like, they allow you to seduce them....or they just jump on you! :yes:

Attraction is instinctive. No matter how much logic you use or how serious you are. Pardon me, but we all still touch ourselves at night! :ohmy:

You know that old adage about most people know they'll sleep with someone within the first five minutes of meeting? INTP's are included in that too! We know what we like and what we don't like.

I'm not saying seduction is impossible (even though we are of the same type we are all different people) just for me, it's almost all or nothing/cut and dry. I know what I like and if what I like approaches me I'm going to act like a giddy/quiet/schoolgirl with these eyes ---->:wubbie: