• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends though. If she does this after you guys have known each other for quite a while, and clearly like each other and nobody is making a move...I dunno. Maybe it should be spaced out more though, keep the sex for later as such. But at least it would get the message across. I doubt even INTPs would deny what her intentions were at that point :alttongue:

We're talking about seduction. Not already established relationships.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same here. I'm talking about building up to a relationship and getting to the first kiss. You just clearly ruled out seduction for physical fun only :alttongue:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the hypothesis stated that the kiss was the first action, 's all I'm saying. I'd be distrusting to that.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
How to seduce an INTP? Easy! Use Star Wars, Star Trek, and video games. Leave them like a bread crumb trail to follow. then jump on them and rip their clothes off. They will be confused at first but eventually will succumb to your sexual will haha

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Club ---> INTP head
|
|
|
V
Lair

Surprise them by going oldschool.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
That's basically right. I'm suspicious of any relationship based on physical attraction. And I'm tired of being used.
I go around people with an open palm and another hand stashed in my pocket around a metaphorical fist.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Get into an argument about the objective superiority of one particular sexual act/position over another with him/her. Make sure to insist that it isn't just your opinion, but that your act/position is objectively superior based on a list of criteria that would establish the superiority of one sexual act over another. If you don't argue too persuasively (don't let the INTP concede your point whatever you do), Ne will take over and the next thing you know you'll have thoroughly finished both acts/positions and the INTP will be typing down the results into their laptop.

WIN!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
In all seriousness. That would probably repel me. No offense.

I'd read into it that the girl is not interested in anything but a physical relationship and I can't be bothered wasting time on those anymore. :p

True if this was all she was doing. If she shows you other signs of affection along with the physical ones there wouldn't be a problem would it?

Depends though. If she does this after you guys have known each other for quite a while, and clearly like each other and nobody is making a move...I dunno. Maybe it should be spaced out more though, keep the sex for later as such. But at least it would get the message across. I doubt even INTPs would deny what her intentions were at that point :alttongue:

Ohohoho no, we would get the intentions. Does the partner gets ours though.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
So I'm on the verge of perplexed. A while ago I sent the girl in question a not particularly subtle note, that --

Well, backing up. Friday before last, maybe (I'm losing track of time), she called me and asked me out that weekend. Somehow, without using any specific words. I agreed, and then called her back later that day, the next day, the next day, and the following Monday, to no answer. The messages I left initially skewed to the uncertain, then to the more abstract. By Monday afternoon, I found myself talking at length about seaweed.

Well, a few days later I wrote to tell her that she was peachy, but I was a bit confused how to react to her, and I wanted to spend more time with her, so as better to work that out. I then advised that if there was anything she expected me to understand, it would be best if she were to pretend she were on Sesame Street.

And then I avoided her for a while.

I saw her again today, and it was all... very casual. Though I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks, it was like I had just walked back into the room after fetching a bowl of cereal. No setup for anything; all pronouns and tangents and intuitive pickups. We talked around the subject of Michael Jackson without, I think, mentioning him or the day's events. She told me some stories of her recent modeling adventures. I somehow revealed that I had been reading up on gluten-free recipes and researching where around here to find the ingredients. We talked about vertigo (the condition and the movie; I jogged back to my place to fetch the soundtrack for her). I got some ice for her at the convenience store.

As I was on my way out, she told me she hadn't been avoiding me specifically; she had just been hiding under a rock. She's been busy with a bunch of stuff, and otherwise exhausted. Which I would have been, too, what with the day job and the additional odd jobs and the casting calls and the doctor appointments and the GREs. Not sure how she juggles all that. If I wash the dishes, it feels like a productive day.

She said next time she could find a free day, or a big enough hunk of time anyway, she'd let me know and we could figure out what to do from there.

The sum of the story is that I guess I didn't scare her off with my boldness. If anything, when I look back at the note I sent, it seems I may not have been as direct as I thought I was. If one were to be deliberately dense, it could perhaps be read as "Where are you? I did try to call."

Such is the strength of my overtures, it appears. Well, I guess that's something else I don't need to fuss over for now.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this like...a failsafe method with most men?

For you, it would fail with gay ones. Also, take the lead; we're scared out of our midns whenever we have anyone attractive and we want to proceed.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
You know, I'm not used to fantasizing about people I know. It's always seemed rude, or inappropriate. When I've made an effort, it has rarely gone well. Usually it ends up in an extended, awkward monologue about how I need my space. Even girls I've been involved with, when I've been away from them, it's been a reluctant thing.

That's not the case here, and that's sort of weirding me out. From the moment I met this girl, all those safety catches were blown. That in itself, though, makes me more cautious.

I want to believe I'm just reacting to my intuition about who she is. She does seem genuine, and adult, and inquisitive. And cultured, and brilliant, and warm, and principled.

The only other time I've reacted so quickly to someone was when I met my oldest friend, in high school. We were sitting on a bench and got to talking about early '90s shareware games -- then later realized that the dorm room into which I was about to be shifted was in fact his own.

To contrast, my first impressions to every other girl I've been involved with have been... well, fairly similar to my final impressions, around the time that I shut them out entirely. In running the gamut I excuse anything and give them every opportunity, but in the end they are who they are.

I may be a better judge of character than I credit myself. And maybe that's what I'm responding to here.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm on the verge of perplexed. A while ago I sent the girl in question a not particularly subtle note, that --

Well, backing up. Friday before last, maybe (I'm losing track of time), she called me and asked me out that weekend. Somehow, without using any specific words. I agreed, and then called her back later that day, the next day, the next day, and the following Monday, to no answer. The messages I left initially skewed to the uncertain, then to the more abstract. By Monday afternoon, I found myself talking at length about seaweed...
This is adorable! You should start a blog - at least. It's like John Clay without the creep factor.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
To contrast, my first impressions to every other girl I've been involved with have been... well, fairly similar to my final impressions, around the time that I shut them out entirely. In running the gamut I excuse anything and give them every opportunity, but in the end they are who they are.

I may be a better judge of character than I credit myself. And maybe that's what I'm responding to here.

This is something I'm only just realising now too, as in all of what I've quoted here. I used to discount my first impressions but now I think it's sensible to rely on my first impressions of someone, or at least, what my impression of them is once I'm away from their company after meeting them for the first time and can tune into the intuition about them.

(also, yes, start a blog!)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Er, where is your blog? *searchs NT blog section, wonders if caffeine is needed*

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The old saying goes: "if you get them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."