• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose it could be due to more mature cognative functions and/or life experiences, that I am more like an ENTP in those situations?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^I dunno. I relate to that as well. Maybe it's because I have a high Ti.

But well, not everything relates to type.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
am surprised that you take such care over your appearence when you are not interested in the appearences of others and attracting them.
It's mostly for my own benefit. It draws a sort of line: okay, I'm awake; I'm ready for going outside. Let's get some actual work done, maybe. No crawling back into bed or dinking around.

Mind you, my idea of dressing well isn't... um. Well, it involves bellbottoms, waistcoats, vintage canvas jackets, and fedoras. I make it work. You see how this is more a personal project than anything.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's mostly for my own benefit. It draws a sort of line: okay, I'm awake; I'm ready for going outside. Let's get some actual work done, maybe. No crawling back into bed or dinking around.

Mind you, my idea of dressing well isn't... um. Well, it involves bellbottoms, waistcoats, vintage canvas jackets, and fedoras. I make it work. You see how this is more a personal project than anything.

That is awesome. But doesnt this style and your--typical sounding--INTP personality make you seem arrogant? Unless you actually ARE a professor. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I dunno. I relate to that as well. Maybe it's because I have a high Ti.

But well, not everything relates to type.

i relate to it too..that's why i think it's so cool. i don't automatically notice someone's appearance...it's usually something someone says that makes me begin to think of them in that sort of way.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
That is awesome. But doesnt this style and your--typical sounding--INTP personality make you seem arrogant?
I haven't the foggiest! People on the street seem friendly enough, best I can tell. Then, that might just be this neighborhood. There are some unusual people here. There's a slightly profane old lady who seems to have a crush on me. In that she calls me Prince Charming and sings Paul McCartney ballads to me.

I'm not sure if that answers your question.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
i don't automatically notice someone's appearance...it's usually something someone says that makes me begin to think of them in that sort of way.
The woman I mentioned, who I met a few months ago -- seriously, she's the most gorgeous person I've seen in my life. Yet I didn't notice this until we began to talk in depth. The elderly woman from my previous post -- she was sitting with said woman, and flagged me over to introduce us. She is always introducing me to her random friends, so I barely registered. I trudged outside to sit and read the Times.

Some minutes later I went back in, to talk to my friend who works there. She was busy, so I leaned against the doorframe. The woman positioned herself across from me, as if to suggest conversation.

I noticed her outfit before I noticed her face. Really nice, old-fashioned overcoat and scarf. Looked like something Lalla Ward's Romana would wear. We began to talk, and her intelligence was immediately apparent. I started to pay more attention. It was about when she started to list vocabulary words that I had been trying to use myself that the haze melted away and I fully realized what she looked like. Which was just... impossible, frankly. No one looks like that.

I later learned that she was a model, actually. Among other things. Not professionally as such. Not that she altogether told me this; it's just that her listing was the first (correctly-spelled) Google hit on her name. Having discovered the pictures, I hemmed and hawed over them for some minutes before feeling vaguely strange and creepy and choosing to abandon this line of inquiry.

So... er. Yes. Such are my powers of observation.

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I promise lots of details regarding any INTP action that ever occurs if I ever actually make it back to Boston again. It should be hysterically ackward and clumsy, however a little alcohol should smooth the road.

A promise is a promise....

So, we had the sex post (sounded kinda awesome and not hysterically awkward and clumsy at all).

How did the seduction go down?

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
It's still an easier path to enlightenment than sitting naked in a forest?

Not that the concepts are mutually exclusive, mind.

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Impossible! Just let us know in some OBVIOUS way that you want us,LIKE TELLING US!- we will let you know.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
It'll need some thought, though. Wait for a call. It might take a few weeks.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Leave a trail of comic books leading to your door and when we get there, club us over the head and drag us inside.

(well, I can't speak for all INTPs only myself)

ring the bell

Impossible! Just let us know in some OBVIOUS way that you want us,LIKE TELLING US!- we will let you know.

Amen.. Just tell me you want me. That takes a world of pressure off. Of course, you might still get that deer in the headlights look.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have experienced this working...

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Amen.. Just tell me you want me. That takes a world of pressure off. Of course, you might still get that deer in the headlights look.

Yeah. I can see that happening. As in"You like me!... Ah crap, this would typically be followed by some sort of emotional response, wouldn't it?"

Apsaras

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
I was seduced in an interesting manner - accidentally.

Traditional approaches didn't really work on me. I usually don't heed people's emotions, but I hate to shatter hearts. That coupled with indecisiveness leads to a lot of unintentionally stringing people on. He'd tried to engage me romantically for a good while, to no avail. At one point, I stumbled upon an old online journal of his.

There was a lot of intellectualism there, a lot of passion. He phrased himself eloquently, but was strong in his convictions (an INTJ). I felt intrusive there - an interloper in every regard - but I couldn't look away. I read everything I could and fell for him.

tl;dr: Seduce an INTP by being smart.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Yeah, that bad thing is that it's only good if you actually like the person that's telling you. If they tell you and you don't like them, it's a world o' awkward.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"You like me!... Ah crap, this would typically be followed by some sort of emotional response, wouldn't it?"

Yes, this would be exactly what I would be thinking, along with looking like a deer in headlights. :shock:

Still, this is better than the other possible responses. The direct approach is best.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I was seduced in an interesting manner - accidentally.

Traditional approaches didn't really work on me. I usually don't heed people's emotions, but I hate to shatter hearts. That coupled with indecisiveness leads to a lot of unintentionally stringing people on. He'd tried to engage me romantically for a good while, to no avail. At one point, I stumbled upon an old online journal of his.

There was a lot of intellectualism there, a lot of passion. He phrased himself eloquently, but was strong in his convictions (an INTJ). I felt intrusive there - an interloper in every regard - but I couldn't look away. I read everything I could and fell for him.

tl;dr: Seduce an INTP by being smart.

That's kind of sweet.

I think my ENTJ neighbor reeled me almost all the way in today when I walked back from buying fuchsias and found him brushing his teeth on his porch (with an electric toothbrush) and spitting toothpaste into the shrubbery below.

WTF? And people call me random. Mind you, this is a 57-year-old small business owner. The urge to shepherd him back inside to the nearest bathroom took second seat to the amusement factor.

Although I've yet to have the chance to inquire as to why that seemed particularly efficient, I'm sure it will all eventually make sense.

How could I not adore that?