• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it seems pretty much off-target. The way you impress me is to show me you're at least as astute as I, preferably more so. You pick up on what I'm saying and you add to it or distill it and make it better. You offer observations I'd not have made. You demonstrate a profound erudition weighed by a well-defined personal character. You make me feel like being around you improves me, makes me more capable, in the areas that I care about. You don't make me nervous or raise questions about sincerity by focusing too much on physicality. Though the masochistic thing is true enough...

One can be sincerely interested in another's physicality.
Just sayin'...
;)

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Well, yeah. It still raises a warning flag, that then needs to be analyzed. As I said, it raises questions -- questions that someone may not want raised, if that sincerity isn't there.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, there could be some truth there, especially for younger INTPs. More mature ones, not so much.

True, which reminds me of the bar scene in the movie Bucket List. How they were talking about climbing the himalayas and hearing the voice of the mountain. Almost had him too.

But I'd imagine, that there are seducers for the mature ones too. One for every level of the game I suppose.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The main thing as to why INTP's are generally not too good with seducing, is because generally. We don't enjoy the idea that is 'seducing' strangers. For a wide array of reasons. Most INTP's prefer to rely on talk. I know I do.

Seducing strangers to me is like, why?

"Give me a reason to seduce you. Oh you dress well? And you look nice? But what about that little brain of yours, girl? That is infinately more interesting to me! Unless you're ok with becoming an apparatus in my closet. Then looks will be enough..."

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The main thing as to why INTP's are generally not too good with seducing, is because generally. We don't enjoy the idea that is 'seducing' strangers. For a wide array of reasons. Most INTP's prefer to rely on talk. I know I do.

Seducing strangers to me is like, why?

"Give me a reason to seduce you. Oh you dress well? And you look nice? But what about that little brain of yours, girl? That is infinately more interesting to me! Unless you're ok with becoming an apparatus in my closet. Then looks will be enough..."

I'm not sure seducing is a corporate job like tech support. You get to choose who and how you want to seduce.

Cold coquette seduction style example. Warhol (campbell soup can painting) seduced a great many people not by his verbal skill (actually he hardly talked and hired people to speak for him), but he had the ability to ensnare the emotions of people through his works. There was no meaning behind his work, and left people in mystery. People were unable to stop themselves from applying meaning. He knew of this weakness in people and used it accordingly.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure seducing is a corporate job like tech support. You get to choose who and how you want to seduce.

Cold coquette seduction style example. Warhol (campbell soup can painting) seduced a great many people not by his verbal skill (actually he hardly talked and hired people to speak for him), but he had the ability to ensnare the emotions of people through his works. There was no meaning behind his work, and left people in mystery. People were unable to stop themselves from applying meaning. He knew of this weakness in people and used it accordingly.

So when you see seducing as a sport, it's suddenly all good?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So when you see seducing as a sport, it's suddenly all good?

Fluffywolf, we all secretly want to be seduced and we all seduce unintentionally until we are aware.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sexuality-mature-topics/17870-preferences-clothing-lingerie-underwear-yourself-opposite-sex.html#post735821

I prefer boxers, stretchy ones, on myself.

For the ladies. I love socks and leg warmers. :heart:
7864111093911%20copy.jpg

then you might like sockdreams.com
they have a blog and they are an awesome company.

this one always gets my interest as a photographer.

product_variety_4367.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but I still much prefer a good pair of socks on a person I am intellectually attracted to. And it's not until then I truely feel comfortable with seducing. Not until I have a genuine interest in the girl.

Some random stranger in the perfect outfit will catch my attention, but not arouse my need to seduce or be seduced. A random stranger in the perfect outfit saying something witty and intelligent. Now that's a different ballgame, and will most likely get me on my toes.

But when I see most people doing the 'seduction' thing. They already decided to do say well before knowing a single thing about that person, having entirely made up their minds about it before they're even close enough to say a word. That's something I could never do.

To be a little bit more clear. I'm fine with seducing someone of interest, but not the general idea of seducing that is done in the going out scene. Not the 'seduce first, talk later' methods.. But I suppose that's just me, not being interested in just the shell. For some people a glimpse is enough, so yeah, go ahead with the seducing. But I won't do that.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
To be a little bit more clear. I'm fine with seducing someone of interest, but not the general idea of seducing that is done in the going out scene. Not the 'seduce first, talk later' methods.. But I suppose that's just me, not being interested in just the shell. For some people a glimpse is enough, so yeah, go ahead with the seducing. But I won't do that.

I do that too. Randomly, someone will intrigue me. Then I would observe, analyze and plan a way to seduce them. I later learned that this is how the great seducers did it. Marilyn Monroe, Cleopatra, Betty Paige, Madonna, Michael Jackson, John F Kennedy through Obama etc.

Cleopatra didn't goto Caesar and said 'How YOU* doin ...'

She had a plan of attack.

This to me is real seduction. The bar/club stuff does work, but that's not seduction. That's shopping for sex.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
John F Kennedy through Obama etc.

Careful there, there's a few inbetween there I would not label 'great seducers'. :D

Mmh, I see what you mean though. And yeah, my quarrel is pretty much only with the 'shopping for sex' seduction. It seems the norm though when going out. :p

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Careful there, there's a few inbetween there I would not label 'great seducers'. :D

Admittedly, some presidents were better than others but were good enough to get the votes of a lot of people. To me, seduction isn't really about sex, as much as it is to emotionally enslave the target. This can be done for one or many people.

You can seduce for votes, seduce for power, seduce for survival (which is basically how it started), and many things.

And a human doesn't always have to be the seducer. It can be anything.

For NTs, intellectual intrigue is also seductive. Anything that is that playground between dream and reality. The GUT or M-theory is especially seductive.

Or the idea of perfection is seductive for others.

They enslave. Sure it's another POV. If physics was named mistress love, Einstein was definitely enslaved. No shame in that.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:thelook:
Is it really that bad?

yes. a thousand times yes.

I am like that, too. For the most part.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think of seduction not in terms of getting into bed with someone or even getting to know someone you like (that's interest). Honestly, when I think of seduction I think of my ENFP friend. She can make people jump through hoops to get to her without lifting a finger. That's seduction.

I've always thought there was a hint of manipulation within seduction. I don't know. I think most INTP's only way of being seductive is by being "mysterious" and pull that person in. I've found this only works with extroverts who love asking lots of questions. lol

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think of seduction not in terms of getting into bed with someone or even getting to know someone you like (that's interest). Honestly, when I think of seduction I think of my ENFP friend. She can make people jump through hoops to get to her without lifting a finger. That's seduction.

Because those people want to get in bed with her. :p

I've always thought there was a hint of manipulation within seduction. I don't know. I think most INTP's only way of being seductive is by being "mysterious" and pull that person in. I've found this only works with extroverts who love asking lots of questions. lol

Oh, INTP's can do seduction through manipulation. But those are generally not the healthy kind of INTP's. Or at the least don't have high standards when it comes to the seductee.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
The only way it will is if there's that initial interest, and then if the other party is patient enough to allow me to circle around and around, snuffling, until I've explored every possible orientation and vantage point, then cross-referenced, and whittled down my options to one. This might take a while.

This. Yes this.

I (ENFP) have been sharing my roller coaster adventures with an INTP girl that I like...

An update... We have been through 2.1 million more loops of "cat and mouse" - neither of us "on purpose" - (Her Ti acts as the filter for EVERYTHING and she will do loops and loops and loops of it in her thinking, which then reflects in her behavior, and results in some extremely confusing and mixed messages on her part)...

The minute we get emotionally/physically/intellectually close, she pulls away in panic, and then seeks me out again EVERY TIME.

She tells me - I push you away not because I DON'T feel anything for you, but quite the opposite - precisely because I DO feel so strongly for you.

She says that she has never ever had such strong feelings for anyone in her life, and the intensity she can only handle for so long... before she absolutely freaks out. She tells me she has "met her match" in me, and I feel/think the same. She says she has never met her match before on every level - and that's why she is so scared.

I enjoy our intense connection, she fears it.

I just can't handle the loops anymore. It's maddening. The push/pull really grates on me.

I've been dealing with it for close to one year now, and I hate to say it, but I just can't do it anymore. The cycle emotionally crushes me every time. :eek:uch::17425::boohoo:

mhina

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
bleh
I can't speak for all INTPs but the main things I find attractive are independence, a naughty yet witty sense of humor and brains.

The last thing I want is someone who I feel superior to. If I ever start feeling that way I'll abort the relationship as soon as I can get my shit together.

I don't want a women who NEEDS me...I want someone who wants me... Oh, and also the sexiest thing you could do for an INTP is to challenge him intellectually.

I'll give an example: I met a guy who I initially was not attracted to and ended up having a good 2-3 hour long debate with him on about a dozen different topics. It was like sex with someone kinky ^^, He made me stop and think and sweat and really push my limits mentally*bites lip*.

and god damn at the end of that conversation I wanted to jump his bones and make love on the table right then and there :p

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
You should have.
Debating makes me soooooooooooo horny *anatomy rips pants.*

Nyx

This. Yes this.

I (ENFP) have been sharing my roller coaster adventures with an INTP girl that I like...

An update... We have been through 2.1 million more loops of "cat and mouse" - neither of us "on purpose" - (Her Ti acts as the filter for EVERYTHING and she will do loops and loops and loops of it in her thinking, which then reflects in her behavior, and results in some extremely confusing and mixed messages on her part)...

The minute we get emotionally/physically/intellectually close, she pulls away in panic, and then seeks me out again EVERY TIME.

She tells me - I push you away not because I DON'T feel anything for you, but quite the opposite - precisely because I DO feel so strongly for you.

She says that she has never ever had such strong feelings for anyone in her life, and the intensity she can only handle for so long... before she absolutely freaks out. She tells me she has "met her match" in me, and I feel/think the same. She says she has never met her match before on every level - and that's why she is so scared.

I enjoy our intense connection, she fears it.

I just can't handle the loops anymore. It's maddening. The push/pull really grates on me.

I've been dealing with it for close to one year now, and I hate to say it, but I just can't do it anymore. The cycle emotionally crushes me every time. :eek:uch::17425::boohoo:

Wow, this sounds EXACTLY like my relationship with a male ENFP. Though I think we equally are freaked out/enjoy it... I do not think he is my ultimate match because there is way to much push/pull as you said.

I am easily seduced by ENFPs, but have an immense love of male INFJs. Every one I have met (all of two, I believe) I have been completely enamored of... and I am certain they had no idea. I cannot speak for other INTPs, but I love how enigmatic and deep they are...
Unfortunately for me, I think INFJs are one of the hardest types to crack and they have never actively seduced me...it's an extremely passive seduction (yeah, both being I does not help)