• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs Attention Whores?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am somewhat ashamed of this but I've grown to realize that I really thrive on and desire attention from others.
I'm just wondering if this is true for ENTP's in general.

theplacesyoullgo

Oh my god, YES. I love some of them, but yes x100. Worse than ENTJs, even though we can be attention whores in our own right.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So you thought the we hate ENTPs thread wasnt enough ?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, it's no mystery. ENTPs get to have more social skills than their INTP brothers, but at a price. The demon must stay constantly fed! Or it will consume them.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, it's no mystery. ENTPs get to have more social skills than their INTP brothers, but at a price. The demon must stay constantly fed! Or it will consume them.

It usually eats most of us by age 10. What you see before you are hollow shells of our former whole personalities. We live to seduce and corrupt.

Lightyear

Yes, yes, yes! One of my managers is an ENTP and he would slag off his own grandmother if that would make him the centre of attention. (Actually, I am sure he has already slagged her off.) He is very funny and smart but also a mean bastard.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh, probably.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, yes, yes! One of my managers is an ENTP and he would slag off his own grandmother if that would make him the centre of attention. (Actually, I am sure he has already slagged her off.) He is very funny and smart but also a mean bastard.

I am sure thats what qualifies him for entp :)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Aren't most Es attention whores?

I know I can be.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's a common misconception... speaking personally, I'm oblivious and indifferent to whether I'm getting attention or not. I just have fewer inhibitions, it seems, than many people, and just like Mac always says, an ENTP is someone who SAYS, helplessly, all the crazy shit that INTP's THINK. So it tends to draw attention, but that's seldom the intention and I usually don't even notice if it has, I'm too absorbed in what I'm doing, thinking, trying to say, etc etc... if I actually do notice that I'm getting a lot of attention, the main effect is that I totally freeze and blush and start mumbling before quickly clamming up.

For instance, my parents came over the other day and my daughters were showing what they'd learned to play on the piano. I can play pretty well, but when they asked me to show what I could play I just refused, no way, can't get up in front of an audience at all. But if I'd just been practicing when they came in the door, I would've carried on playing simply because I was so absorbed in it that I didn't notice them there. As soon as I saw them, I'd come to a halt and freeze. And this is just my parents, in my own house.

I have tended to find that the people who have been the most determined to see me as an attention seeker, and to see it and much of my other behaviour and thoughts in a negative light, are INFJ's... I can't think of any other type that has so consistently thought they absolutely "had me down", whilst I've felt totally certain that they absolutely misunderstand just about every single thing about me. I've totally given up trying to explain to them as well, cos it only ever makes things worse.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Aren't most Es attention whores?

I know I can be.

Out of the Ns, I've found ENTJs to be more goal oriented than ENTPs, who seem more people oriented. With ENTJs going longer stretches of time working on something solitary or non-social, sometimes to the point of becoming alienated. And with ENFPs, I've noticed some more introverted tendencies with them than other ENs.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I know a number of ENTJs who are shameless attention whores and egomaniacs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I know a number of ENTJs who are shameless attention whores and egomaniacs.

I've known egomaniac ones, I didn't consider them attention whores, but maybe that just went with the egomania.

G

garbage

By nature of this thread even existing, the question has been answered.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
But so do many ENFPs. I just thought that wanting attention was an extrovert thing. Some extroverts want attention more than others.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think it's a common misconception... speaking personally, I'm oblivious and indifferent to whether I'm getting attention or not. I just have fewer inhibitions, it seems, than many people, and just like Mac always says, an ENTP is someone who SAYS, helplessly, all the crazy shit that INTP's THINK. So it tends to draw attention, but that's seldom the intention and I usually don't even notice if it has, I'm too absorbed in what I'm doing, thinking, trying to say, etc etc... if I actually do notice that I'm getting a lot of attention, the main effect is that I totally freeze and blush and start mumbling before quickly clamming up.

For instance, my parents came over the other day and my daughters were showing what they'd learned to play on the piano. I can play pretty well, but when they asked me to show what I could play I just refused, no way, can't get up in front of an audience at all. But if I'd just been practicing when they came in the door, I would've carried on playing simply because I was so absorbed in it that I didn't notice them there. As soon as I saw them, I'd come to a halt and freeze. And this is just my parents, in my own house.

I have tended to find that the people who have been the most determined to see me as an attention seeker, and to see it and much of my other behaviour and thoughts in a negative light, are INFJ's... I can't think of any other type that has so consistently thought they absolutely "had me down", whilst I've felt totally certain that they absolutely misunderstand just about every single thing about me. I've totally given up trying to explain to them as well, cos it only ever makes things worse.

Thank you, its good to not feel alone, sometimes :)