• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs Attention Whores?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I like the company of people, and when I am with them, I'm mostly focused on them and not what they're thinking of me. Ne is my primary function; it means I think crazy shit, and I think it aloud. This gets attention. I do not crave it, I do not seek it. People merely give it to me, often against my will but more often without my noticing. If this makes me an attention whore, then... fuck you, judgemental twat. Jealous, is it? Gotta think up sour-puss reasons to avoid reflecting that maybe I might just merit it? :D

I almost believed you...if you weren't blatantly trying to get my attention with that post I mean :alttongue:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread's going to reach 12 pages because ENTPs can't stop talking about themselves

Actually I was thinking, because you guys never run out of criticisms to level at us, and because they're mostly bullshit, us guys can't help trying to correct you. Because we never run out of patience and keep giving judgemental assholes the benefit of the doubt in thinking they don't WANT to just hate people for the sake of it, and if they realised they misjudged us they'd change their minds. And then maybe be less judgemental in future on us and other people, and therefore be happier, and those around them also be happier. And if you can realise you were wrong in this case, maybe you'll think and look twice before judging in future, and question yourself a bit more often. A vain hope, I know, but we ALMOST never run out of patience and hoping... and energy. Almost never.

If a bunch of people came criticising you and you felt it was unjust, would it be fair to say that when you stand up for yourself and defend yourself and explain why the accusations are unfair, that you were simply attention whoring and loving talking about yourself? Now imagine Ne is your primary function, as I described above, causing you to, basically, quite naturally and spontaneously, think and say "crazy" shit all the time, so you spend a lot of your time being criticised and judged and put down. So you also have to spend a lot of your time defending yourself. And this means you're in love with yourself, does it?

Sytpg - :dry:

G

garbage

Dammit, I need to qualify my jokes with an emoticon in the future :doh:

I'm pretty much an attention whore, too, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I was just thinking about what gimmick I should have at a party I'm going to this weekend. I'm leaning toward gorilla suit, if I can get ahold of one :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nah I knew you were joking, I was just setting the record straight, cos that's a tired old one that i know I'm sick of hearing in my life, no doubt there are other ENTP's who've had the same old refrain.

That's the thing... you're constantly being criticised and beaten on for just being who you are, that's part of being an ENTP, there's always a critic never far away, if you didn't have a strong sense of self, a bit of an ego and some arrogance to you, it'd just crush you, it really would. And it does mean that sometimes you respond to a joke rather more hotly than is warranted, because a) you're used to genuine criticisms all the time anway and that can get you jumpy sometimes and b) after the sixty thousandth time, some jokes are just not funny any more. Even if it's only the first time the current person has made it, believe me, the ENTP's heard it before.

I think that's why I kinda like the idea of being a Q lol Being able to just sweep that bullshit aside, you know? You hear a nagging voice in the corner nagging the same tired old naggings haha, and you don't even need to bother turning round or facing them or going through the same tired old defence routine, you can just click your fingers and they evapourate and you can just carry on with what you were doing, un-harrassed :D

It's not that I hold it against the nagger that they nagged... I know to them it's all new and they think they're right and have a point and all that... it's not that I don't understand their viewpoint. It's just so... fucking... BORING... over, and over, and over...just... can't... bear... again... patience... tank.... empty...

Blackup

MBTI Type
Entp
you know what else is funny aside from hearing jokes 100000x times over? slow down, speed up. pay attention, get with the program, calm down. entps have alot of patience but when we snap we really let loose, us being arrogant is just a small price to pay to keep our tempers in check.

O

Oberon

Huh?

Whaddya mean?

So what are you saying?

Say, did anyone hear the one about the lesbian with the artificial leg?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm! Me like this question! :p

eh i'm not sure. At times i love being centre of attention yet also hate it!
I think i like doing crazy shit to see how people react which is a form of attention whoring yet i hate having peoples expecting shit from me so i dislike attention because i feel under pressure to do what is expected!

Good example right now i'm in my school show and i've got the main part (Sky Masterson, Guys and Dolls) and when with friends i just randomly sing Luck be a Lady my solo just to see how they react to see if its sounding good and i have no problem with that despite the fact the start to walk away at times or ripp the piss (ocasionally they say there proud of me when they can be bothered with me :D) yet when it comes to rehearsals i absolutely shit myself despite the fact the head of drama keeps on telling me i have a great voice and the two girls that i've been rehearsing with this week keep saying i can sing great.

I think eNTPs are attention whores of a certain type of attention - the i'm a crazy random dude type - but despise all other types of attention

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually I was thinking, because you guys never run out of criticisms to level at us, and because they're mostly bullshit, us guys can't help trying to correct you. Because we never run out of patience and keep giving judgemental assholes the benefit of the doubt in thinking they don't WANT to just hate people for the sake of it, and if they realised they misjudged us they'd change their minds. And then maybe be less judgemental in future on us and other people, and therefore be happier, and those around them also be happier. And if you can realise you were wrong in this case, maybe you'll think and look twice before judging in future, and question yourself a bit more often. A vain hope, I know, but we ALMOST never run out of patience and hoping... and energy. Almost never.

If a bunch of people came criticising you and you felt it was unjust, would it be fair to say that when you stand up for yourself and defend yourself and explain why the accusations are unfair, that you were simply attention whoring and loving talking about yourself? Now imagine Ne is your primary function, as I described above, causing you to, basically, quite naturally and spontaneously, think and say "crazy" shit all the time, so you spend a lot of your time being criticised and judged and put down. So you also have to spend a lot of your time defending yourself. And this means you're in love with yourself, does it?

Sytpg - :dry:

Whew! Nice...Right!

We have the intellectual horesepower..and know that we have extra to spare...So this comfort cushion affords us to afford YOU the patience deemed you need...and Do give you the benefit of the doubt...

Just so you know..(and don't think this means we don't have a temperament) We afford cushions of patience...We aren't pin cushions ;)

Thanks for playing