• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Impressing a (possible) INTP?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So I have a slightly bizarre situation. I contract for a small online company with a ceo I think is INTP. I have ended up getting to the point where he wants to impress me, if I post something in their member forums asking for something the CEO himself will end up working on my idea. As obvious as this is from outside the company I do have this confirmed from inside the company too.

First of all, what exactly is going on here? What is this from the INTP's personality that is causing it.

Second of all, I need to figure out a way to get this working for me. A job? More contracts? I'm not even sure how involved he is in those things on a day to day basis but I know he doesn have a lot of say in every day workings when he feels like it

Any ideas?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as I know INTPs love seeing competency. That would be the main thing to keep in mind.

93JC

It's not that simple: I'll overlook competency for the sake of a great rack, for instance.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't get it.

I don't think I get it, either.

But if it's "how do I use my connection with the INTP to my business and financial advantage?" my advice would be to make sure he doesn't know that's what you're doing.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think I get it, either.

But if it's "how do I use my connection with the INTP to my business and financial advantage?" my advice would be to make sure he doesn't know that's what you're doing.

Or state it right out.

93JC

So...who's trying to impress who? The CEO is trying to impress you, and you want to use this to your advantage? Or you're trying to impress the CEO, and use it to your advantage.

You know, if you're so keen about getting a job or more contracts from him, just give him a BJ.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, I'm not exactly sure what happened. I just know I'm getting extra preference somehow. I'm not really getting any benefit from it though. Any comments really do help.

I'm trying not to put tooo much detail because it is a workplace for me.

eta: I think the ceo is trying to impress me. I'm not really sure! "I will fix this personally because elaur asked" What is that?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I'm not exactly sure what happened. I just know I'm getting extra preference somehow. I'm not really getting any benefit from it though. Any comments really do help.

I'm trying not to put tooo much detail because it is a workplace for me.

eta: I think the ceo is trying to impress me. I'm not really sure! "I will fix this personally because elaur asked" What is that?

That's it? That seems rather unimpressive evidence for your conclusion.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This is probably why I have no idea what goes on in his head. I'm not getting the INTP speak.

Did you see this part? "As obvious as this is from outside the company I do have this confirmed from inside the company too."

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is probably why I have no idea what goes on in his head. I'm not getting the INTP speak.

Did you see this part? "As obvious as this is from outside the company I do have this confirmed from inside the company too."

Well, ok then.

Working under the assumption that he is indeed trying to impress you... um... idk, be yourself? You got to that state by being yourself, so that's probably what you should do.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Keep making sense and giving him good ideas, and let him know that you're ready to take on more responsibility should the opportunity arise.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Keep making sense and giving him good ideas, and let him know that you're ready to take on more responsibility should the opportunity arise.

This. But I will tell you that it kind of raises my INTP hackles that it sounds like you're asking for advice in order to use him.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Show him your hard drive;)

Well..I guess you could just how him/her a lot of attention, it seems as though INTPs are secretly attracted to it, at least, from the friends that I have that have shown it.

93JC

^And by 'hard drive' he means genitals.

Get to it, missy.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This. But I will tell you that it kind of raises my INTP hackles that it sounds like you're asking for advice in order to use him.

Am I using him? I really just want to know the best way to approach it. If your boss's boss decided they really liked you wouldn't you want to figure out how to use it to your advantage? It seems silly to have this notice of the CEO and not get ahead in some way because of it.

I'm not going to have sex with him or show him anything even though those are great suggestions.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm always impressed by someone having random knowledge, even if it's somewhat of an unrelated topic. IMO, try to demonstrate your knowledge of something indirectly related to company-related business, like display your economic knowledge (could read the wall street journal for the next week, that might even give u ideas) ...... because I don't think there's any form of life lower, in the INTP's eye, than a person who ONLY knows what he/she needs to get a paycheck, and ignores EVERYTHING else in the world cuz "i don't need to know that....". It's disgusting

Like people who say they're "done with college"...... WTF, how could you ever be "done" with it? Knowledge is never finished

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've heard they enjoy learning and competency - up to the point where you can impress them to make good partners! Frankly, you have to be willing to take that chance, and live up to it.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I always connect well with someone who demonstrates Ne in some way, especially when it's useful and productive Ne in the workplace.

What to do? Keep generating good ideas, and take any criticism from him as constructive to help you generate even better ideas.