• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, flaws are highly subjective. Yet, to consider all personal quirks as okay and to be accepted for what they are seems to be strange at my end and may really reflect a difference in perspective here. I am constantly looking for self-improvement - assumption that there are things that need improvement and that self awareness comes with recognizing flaws. This does not imply that I have to agree with everyone who decides they know what my flaws are. I'm sure we all have agency in that regard.

Yes, in a sense, self awareness does imply humility. In the sense that it implies that I acknowledge I have some flaws and that changing some of them may benefit me and my interactions with people. It's hard to recognize someone as self-aware who only recognizes their strengths. If the flaws are really recognized then, in my opinion, this recognition would lead to behavior alteration. If it doesn't it's not really recognizing it as a flaw - more as a quirk that some people enjoy and others don't. Isn't this a reflection of the level of self-awareness?

Like I said before, there is always something to learn, change or grow. But I see those things as casualties of being human rather than as flaws. I doubt you'll find one single ENTP here that is not interested in growth. But we just look at it from a more positive angle, I think. I genuinely like ENTPs for this reason - the fact that they can see themselves and accept themselves. Ironically, this is the one thing that I have most problems with the xNFPs about - their constant self doubt. Humility may serve you well, but it doesn't do anything for me. Especially since I know I am going to keep growing and learning and changing and adjusting for as long as my life continues - so why bother feeling bad about it?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Like I said before, there is always something to learn, change or grow. But I see those things as casualties of being human rather than as flaws. I doubt you'll find one single ENTP here that is not interested in growth. But we just look at it from a more positive angle, I think. I genuinely like ENTPs for this reason - the fact that they can see themselves and accept themselves. Ironically, this is the one thing that I have most problems with the xNFPs about - their constant self doubt. Humility may serve you well, but it doesn't do anything for me. Especially since I know I am going to keep growing and learning and changing and adjusting for as long as my life continues - so why bother feeling bad about it?

Why does humility equal feeling bad? I don't see them as the same. Recognizing flaws does not equal self-flagellation, it is the ultimate acceptance of our humanity, as you said. Humans = flawed doesn't it? Humility is a rather positive trait. Are we just calling the same approach two different things?

I agree on the self acceptance though - that is an admirable trait and one we NFs could do well to learn. :inserts jealous smiley:

Edit: Funnily enough, we accept everyone so easily in real life and are often hardest on ourselves. At least for ENFPs, often to our own detriment.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Like I said before, there is always something to learn, change or grow. But I see those things as casualties of being human rather than as flaws. I doubt you'll find one single ENTP here that is not interested in growth. But we just look at it from a more positive angle, I think. I genuinely like ENTPs for this reason - the fact that they can see themselves and accept themselves.

And we accept others the same way we accept ourselves. By attempting to look honestly and understand.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why does humility equal feeling bad? I don't see them as the same. Recognizing flaws does not equal self-flagellation, it is the ultimate acceptance of our humanity, as you said. Humans = flawed doesn't it? Humility is a rather positive trait. Are we just calling the same approach two different things?

I agree on the self acceptance though - that is an admirable trait and one we NFs could do well to learn. :inserts jealous smiley:

humility |(h)yoōˈmilitē|
noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

(doesn't sound so good. :cry:)

And we accept others the same way we accept ourselves. By attempting to look honestly and understand.

word.

Sorry, just didn't think the little writing represented just how jealous it makes me feel lol. ;)

If this guy can do it, so can you!! :hug:

simmonsrp44ks.jpg

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Do other people like hanging out with people they find uninteresting?

There are many people who find interesting things to be exhausting. They don't want new or unexpected. They prefer repetitive. It feels comforting for them. Not interesting, but comforting.

However, it could be argued that they define repetition as interesting. Even thinking about that is putting me to sleep.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
humility |(h)yoōˈmilitē|
noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

(doesn't sound so good. :cry:)

Ah, explains the difference of opinion. Here's what I was tapping into:

Answers.com
noun= Lack of vanity or self-importance

Free Dictionary
Noun 1. humility - a disposition to be humble; a lack of false pride;

Merriam Webster
1: not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive
[Don't really agree with the assertive part but can see the contradiction]

Oxford Concise (my own copy and the one you used)
a modest or low view of one's own importance;

Etymologically, it comes from the Latin word for low so that strengthens the original meaning you presented. In my view, it was certainly not linked with submission or lack of pride in oneself. I am a-okay with doing away with false pride, however.
I can see the difficulty in reconciling the two though and hence the difficulty for an ENTP. Fascinating. I've always considered myself a repository for many contradictory ideas, perhaps this is more evidence in that regard.

Is humility really that sadness inspiring :huh:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
However, it could be argued that they define repetition as interesting. Even thinking about that is putting me to sleep.

Me too...thinking of routine is like counting sheep....zzzzzzz

Good night.

Also, you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Interesting is subjective and sometimes comforting can be interesting.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I sincerely love the hell out of you, Ergo. You are always down for the count. Thanks for sparring. :hug:x10

(and no, that's not Fe politeness funking with your Fi personal value system. I genuinely admire you.)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I sincerely love the hell out of you, Ergo. You are always down for the count. Thanks for sparring. :hug:x10

(and no, that's not Fe politeness funking with your Fi personal value system. I genuinely admire you.)

Likewise, and in your case, as always. :smile:

I wouldn't stay up until 3:00am if this was uninspiring. This is fun and I enjoy it so much. :hug:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
shit, it's after 3 already? Damn, where does the time go??? This place is like a black hole...

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
If the person does not know what he is saying is false and put out a claim, I can live with it.
But if he knows it but continues to take advantage of people's ignorance, i cannot live with this.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
If the person does not know what he is saying is false and put out a claim, I can live with it.
But if he knows it but continues to take advantage of people's ignorance, i cannot live with this.

im sure they have a guy selling knives in a ghetto in your immediate vicinity...help yourself

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
-Endlessly loyal to best friends

-Relationships are short and constantly fluctuating

I am nowadays best friend with my favourite hooker and she still charges me $500 / h. Doesnt that suck ? :steam:

sculpting

- I do not take pride in apathy. I have feelings, but I think that the expression of certain feelings is selfish and indulgent. When I've let my feelings penetrate someone else's existence in a negative way, I've tried to learn from this to prevent it happening in the future. When I'm happy, everyone I'm around knows it. And I feel this every day.

i think this just gave me a lot of Fe insight. Really interesting and very different from how I use my emo. In the last few weeks I have spent a lot of time watching how Fi gets used. I will specifically orient it to change others feelings for the worse if needed to accomplish my goals. All subconscious of course, as that makes me a total shit person.

Now that I am watching I think that Fi can be just as manipulative a tool as Fe. The emo games you guys keep mentioning about are sort of coming together in pieces for me. I guess the take home may be that, much like the Fe doms, Fi dom or auxilliary may not be aware that it is using itself to manipulate others via emo. The person is defined by the dom functional. not acting in this way might redefine who they actually are.

Until externally calibrated and described, they may be very unaware of what is happening and it may be very hard for them to disengage.

(not sure this belongs on the I hate entps thread but wtf.)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
shit, it's after 3 already? Damn, where does the time go??? This place is like a black hole...

I use an app called SelfControl that blocks me from certain sites for a specified time. It comes in very handy.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I use an app called SelfControl that blocks me from certain sites for a specified time. It comes in very handy.

jeno's not the only one with an internet problem.

i almost asked for the app link.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
wait - are you joking or not? I can't tell. so there is no app??

Qre:us

wait - are you joking or not? I can't tell. so there is no app??

:laugh: Yes, there is an actual app, I think these peeps also designed another app that forces you to have no internet access for a pre-set amount of time, interestingly titled, Freedom.

Just looked it up: Steve Lambert