• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I can't stand smug 'out of touch with their feelings' ENTPs who fake the funk.

Sure, they need to grow up. Still, it's easy to fall into this path when no one's understood your way of looking at the world your entire life.

But I heart grown up ENTPs. Especially with well developed Fe who do *not* fake the funk.

That's our biggest challenge.

ENFPs and ENTPs are in an epic cat and mouse dance.

The truth is, some of you get on my damn nerves like crazy with your undeserved arrogance, your socially inept and even intentional rudeness (it's not cute to anyone but you), your self-absorption, your refusal to take personal responsibility for your actions, your shocking inability to take other people's feelings into account (really? you're Ne dom??) and like some of your INTP brethren your reliance on 'but it's logical' to back up whatever just as arbitrary personal belief system or opinion that you've created for yourself.

What if there weren't any sort of dance at all? That would require trying, and it would get boring really quickly.

I wonder, is it arrogance, or is it high expectations of those we care about? Is it taking care to explain exactly what we're thinking because it's often hard to translate into English (not because it's so great or anything, but because we often don't think very linguistically)? Is it because if someone doesn't step in and break the eggs, the omelet will never get made, because no one wants to get egg white all over their hands? Is it possibly because we've gone through our entire lives with the only people understanding how we think being ourselves, and others ascribing motivations that are either non-existent or insulting? Is it because we see how many factors convene in a given situation, and want to explore all of them before just having to shoulder the blame again (because we're the jerks and are always at fault for everything)? Is it because oftentimes, what is called "others' feelings" is simply a self-defense mechanism for not having to take responsibility or culpability in a situation (which we're certainly guilty of as well)? Is it because logic is so important to us, and that we're giving you an opportunity to critique that logic with an aim toward personal growth?

Oh the fact though that you get away with so much unnaceptable behavior because non ENXPs buy into your arrogance or are intimidated with how mean or capable you can be or that damn Fe wing that comes in and saves the day at the last minute - that drives me crazier!!!

Are you sure that this is the case? Is it just because that sometimes things working without regard to it can be as important as emotional impact, and others respect it? There's a reason people think differently - society needs different people to play different roles. Are you sure that it's just coming in to bail us out, or that perhaps, shockingly, that we do have emotions?

Oh yeah, insert here how one of my besties is an ENTP female - and yoga teacher!!! How you like them apples!??!!

We do tend to have multifaceted interests - especially in areas that work without us really knowing why :yes:

But even you really annoying ENTP females get a grudging pass from me because whatever woman is a pain in the ass to the male kind gets a mini-vote from me. LOL.

It confuses me when I see these sorts of critiques. I understand that our actions can be emotionally charged in a way that isn't immediately apparent to us, but there's this underlying current that we're doing it on purpose specifically to hurt you, and like many of us on this site have noted, this couldn't be further from the truth. This applies to both ENTPs and men in general.

Wouldn't it just be easier to point out what we're doing, and leave it there? I'm not saying we won't get defensive; that's often out of the window unless it's done right. What I am saying is that we won't ever disregard your thoughts forthrightly. There is a world inside our heads that we explore fairly regularly (Ne + Ti will do that every time). It's just that we may not express this process outwardly, so when our behavior seems to shift radically, others think it's just being erratic, when it's actually the internalization of an external process.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I never met an ENTP in real life as far as I know, but
I really like the videos of them on youtube.
I could laugh at you guys all day long.
You have a rare combination of being both extroverted and intelligent.
I think everyone should be like that more or less.
Even when an ENTP disagrees with me and make sarcastic comments at me,
I find it very amusing and not offensive at all.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Have I told the world lately how much I heart INTJs?

How about iNtPs?

Yeah, they're aiiight. But not ready to romp with the big boys (and girls). :headphne:

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I didn't want to say anything negative, but since you asked, I do find INTP's annoying. I hate their nitpicking. I dislike how they philosophize far too much without getting anywhere. I hate how they primarily want to shoot down other people's ideas without contributing anything of value themselves. Sometimes they make very harsh insults which are just purely offensive, not funny. I think I've been treated like a dumbass and harshly insulted by INTP's on usenet newsgroups even though I have a high IQ and did not say anything bad. INTP's seem to make up excuses for treating everyone like a dumbass, and not in any kind of amusing way.

Have you met any irl?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Just start watching Richard Feynman's videos. You'll be stuck there for hours, and wondering how the hell you learned so damn much.

sculpting

4.2? hulllo! $10 for every 10 seconds with minimum 10 seconds....thank you very much

cant help it...Fe is antsy l'il shit...needs to get fed

I guess you're worth 10 bucks, just barely. Do I have to pay extra if ZI bring the bunnies.

i was gonna say that with entps its hard to know or call them these things because you are unaware of their objectives and motivations.

but then i realized that wouldn't matter because this is how YOU perceive him and perception of the world is what matters in everyday affairs regardless of the motivations behind his (entps') action

Sure, they need to grow up. Still, it's easy to fall into this path when no one's understood your way of looking at the world your entire life.
Is it possibly because we've gone through our entire lives with the only people understanding how we think being ourselves, and others ascribing motivations that are either non-existent or insulting? Is it because we see how many factors convene in a given situation, and want to explore all of them before just having to shoulder the blame again (because we're the jerks and are always at fault for everything)? .

On some level I feel for you guys as I am afraid the above two may be true. You guys are not the norm. The more of you watch, the more consistant message of life not being simple permeates. I'd say some of you guys suffer but that would be me being presumptious and making potentially incorrect judgements about what you may or might be feeling, thus could be very flawed and highly incorrect.

You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
On some level I feel for you guys as I am afraid the above two may be true. You guys are not the norm. The more of you watch, the more consistant message of life not being simple permeates. I'd say some of you guys suffer but that would be me being presumptious and making potentially incorrect judgements about what you may or might be feeling, thus could be very flawed and highly incorrect.

You are kind of like misunderstood aliens, who mostly mean well, but good lord you can wreck havoc. If you could would you form an ENTP borg collective? Just think, you could be attached to ThatGuy forever...

Someone became quite angry with me recently, yelling and screaming about how:

- I don't take anything seriously.

- I don't take myself seriously.

- Everyone on the planet should be issued a warning about becoming involved with me.

- I don't even care enough to get angry at this person for saying these things to me.

My reaction---> :-|

Then the person told me my parents were to blame for my being the way I am:

My reaction---> :ranting:

The person apologized for blaming my parents. Then I went back to:

:-|

And made a decision to give this person time to chill out before hanging out with them again.

I'm not sure what any of this means.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I guess it needs an old man with a long white beard to tell people wise things. but let it be an entp for a change: We are everything, but aliens

sculpting

I guess it needs an old man with a long white beard to tell people wise things. but let it be an entp for a change: We are everything, but aliens

dont be offended please. Not aliens in a bad way at all-just very different perspective. Life is not easy for you guys. You guys are rare yet extrovereted and out there and end up sometimes running counter to the established order.

and blah-tell them to fuck off and just be true to what you are.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dont be offended please. Not aliens in a bad way at all-just very different perspective. Life is not easy for you guys. You guys are rare yet extrovereted and out there and end up sometimes running counter to the established order.

and blah-tell them to fuck off and just be true to what you are.

I am not offended and as I told you, we aint aliens. Just because everyone agrees with your opinion doesnt mean that you aint different aswell

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Suffering might not be the right characterization, as pain is something to be worked through. A constant frustration and annoyance at the things you have to put up with from others, on the other hand, does tend to stick with me.

We like people. We enjoy being around people. We're told all our lives to "be ourselves", and see others enjoying each other's company nearly effortlessly. We want to have a ton of interesting friends, and learn something new from them every day.

We've also been constantly told that our impulsivity is a huge problem, and that we're so bright, but if only we'd just apply ourselves (a completely alien concept). When not matching up to someone's completely arbitrary standard, we're told that we're just not trying hard enough (like you can scale the level of effort?). Our education system is only conducive to our learning style at very rare moments (where we pull out all stops), and the rest of the time, we're stuck with dull memorization of uninteresting subjects that weren't explained well to us at all (math as a process? really?).

We're confused to learn early on that our love of learning and talking about what we've learned are not shared by many people early on, and then conflicted further when we find out it's not very socially acceptable - this conflict lasts our entire lives in certain environments. Our great ideas are seen as strange and random by people who never comprehend that we've skipped a few steps in our heads, or intuitively noticed a connection that might not be immediately apparent.

We discuss, debate and challenge in order to learn, and are horribly confused when people take things seriously. Emotional reactions to everything completely flabbergast us, and we can't help but thinking that these reactions tend to be horribly selfish, as we retreat when emotional so as to not bother anyone with it. We're always the jerks if not constantly monitoring emotional states, and for a long time, the falseness of social conventions completely disgusts us, even as we comply with reservations. People love to question our decisions, seem to want to knock us down a peg, and grow resentful when it's proven correct, because 90% of the time it is correct.

We get to know people. We acquire large groups of friends. We don't necessarily hang out with a good percentage of those, since they're just the same as the rest of humanity in a different wrapper, and they've got nothing to offer us in the way of novelty, intrigue or stimulation. This is seen as cold and uncaring, as we're just supposed to enjoy others' company, even as their dullness rots at our brains. Our best friends, we're loyal to until the end. We go out of our way to find cool gifts and make meaningful gestures to demonstrate how we feel, and yet get in crap for forgetting holidays and birthdays. And yet, we still feel alienated, as it's so rare for us to experience the connection that seems immediately apparent between others.

In love with logic and rationale, and employing its use whenever possible to understand the world, people are inclined to think of us as heartless know-it-alls, moreso than the introverted types, as we actually try to interact with others and exercise our talents out of the sheer joy of it. Sometimes, they pick up on that joy and join the party - while we wonder if they're being sincere or laying it on thick. Relationships are a never ending sequence of meeting someone, and panicking as others start clinging so damn quickly. We don't even know these people yet, and the ones we do know and love have something against our enjoying each other physically, even though it brings such pleasure and expresses our feelings so well.

Still though, none of this really gets us down, because we truly think tomorrow will be better, because we have control of the future. No matter what, if we follow our noses, we'll either find our passion, or receive the recognition (no, understanding is the better word) that we've been looking for our entire life, or make that impact that will truly indicate that our time on Earth was worthwhile. People say we're selfish; perhaps, the problem is that we're particularly self-aware

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
We get to know people. We acquire large groups of friends. We don't necessarily hang out with a good percentage of those, since they're just the same as the rest of humanity in a different wrapper, and they've got nothing to offer us in the way of novelty, intrigue or stimulation. This is seen as cold and uncaring, as we're just supposed to enjoy others' company, even as their dullness rots at our brains. Our best friends, we're loyal to until the end. We go out of our way to find cool gifts and make meaningful gestures to demonstrate how we feel, and yet get in crap for forgetting holidays and birthdays. And yet, we still feel alienated, as it's so rare for us to experience the connection that seems immediately apparent between others.

+1 Well put.

sculpting

sorry onemoretime,

I think.. it may be a language barrier on a massive scale. Thatguy put it best when he said you are viewed through society's lens-or somthing like that. So much of what you do gets misread, misunderstood, misinterpreted. You guys do odd shit to try and fit with society's rules and you just kinda get screwed.

Some of you guys get really fucking destructive trying to pull this off.

self-aware? is that the correct term?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
don't worry, Ne monster. i get what you're saying.