• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
whats happening people

i just joined recently and this is the first few threads i clicked on...i absolutely love this thread...im on pg 15 now...ill have to read the rest sometime soon

if you dont know what i mean by 'love'...i mean that this thread is empowering to the entp.

also, you do realize that in no way is this thread a diss to that of the entp, right?
only 3 things can happen:
-they'll make fun of you
-they will respond to your post once (just cuz this is the internet and they can't give you the look). if they dont respond to you again, assume you are considered dumb
-question your post
NB: all the while, they'll have a smug grin on their face and be laughing like a jackass on the inside

why i hate entps?
-they need to learn that smartness is nothing if not applied
-they need to realize that human will is one of the greatest tools they have...freaking use it...

and now my favorite part..gonna be long...o well, im going to bed after this

- usually don't give a fuck why worry...the sun will still rise in the east tomorrow
- pompous like'self-importance'? experience leads to that...this is a HATERS thread...
- arrogant well they cant be that great and maintain the illusion of modesty...seriously, take the fan club elsewhere
- insensitive they just seem that way...unless they are made of steel
- stubborn they just got being used to right all the time...cut 'em some slack for all the other 0 times
- always has to have the last word isnt that the purpose of 'last' words?
- everything in life is win or lose...with them the 'winner' and you the 'loser' so...you wanna win for a change? ask 'em nicely
- doesn't understand that sarcasm isn't for everyone no? a cuel world, aint it
- restless/reckless/relentless thats HOTTT
- ruthless delivered with a smile ok so they said no on letting you win...at least theysaid it with a smile
- convoluted in wording sometimes soo...a+ in linguistics?
- procastinators someones gotta do it...or people would start 25 page threads where every other post is a token to their perfectness
- shit-stirrers served as a side with the main course of awesome
- finds others' frustrations funny often you didnt ask for help...what do you want them to do now? take pictures?
- appears silly/goofy/approachable/charming/childlike but can turn cold and calculating within the blink of an eye they just playin' yo...chiiillll
- impatient with those they consider 'unintelligent', unless they're in the mood to impart knowledge shit happens...they'll consider you unintelligent some other time
- if crossed, takes the 'revenge' thing too far (depends on what is defined as revenge, some ENTPs justify it as, 'oh, they really really are wanting me to respond, so...I shall' :devil:) if you can get them motivated enough to respond...teah me...pm works
- constant frustration to those (Fs mostly) with flightiness of showing caring/emotion/depth....one second make you feel like you inspired them to poetic prophecies, next make you feel like they only vaguely recall who you are what...now your trying to be a linguist too?
- unpredictable wouldn't the complement be pretty boring
- attention spa....spent as required. there, i finished it for you
- hard to guage if they're laughing with you or at you and whose fault is that
- not very organized, nor sequential in thought you DO want them to be perfect!!
- very few things in life are *not* a joke to them whys that a bad thing...i thought optimism was a good thing...for the non-emo types, that is

- ASSHOLES!!!! thanks for the compliment! ill pass it on

I HATE YOU, ENTPs!!! :cry:

* no!!!....don't touch me! Just...DIE!

I dont know, I liked it more when everyone adored entps and no criticism was allowed :D

what? i thought that thing under your avatar which is pretty freakin sick btw, said entp? been drinkin?

That's about the only way ENTPs could crash this forum. Leave the hacking skillz to INTs.
its also the easiest option to eliminate which takes least effort per person. you feel like the little dog in that big dog little dog picture...donchya? its ok, shit like this aint nothin to a big dog...and theres no need to feel like the lil dog, not just yet anyway

i swear to all that is unholy, this is the massivest dump ive ever taken on the internet

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
entp dont know what other people feel or think about theirselves. Its their greatest flaw, beyond their show

Ouch. Too true.

All we can do is... treat everyone like a friend, hoping they'll jump on the love-bandwagon. Amiright?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
only 3 things can happen:
-they'll make fun of you
-they will respond to your post once (just cuz this is the internet and they can't give you the look). if they dont respond to you again, assume you are considered dumb
-question your post
NB: all the while, they'll have a smug grin on their face and be laughing like a jackass on the inside
Thats not true, I only respond one time only to threads most of the times because I forgot about them.

You seem to have a very distorted view on entps:

Bouncing off ideas doesnt mean that you need to be the sole best with your opinion. It means to challenge others to generate new information and ideas. The thing an entp could be looking for in the end would be a completly new look onto a given situation, with new information and new ideas.

But its never about, who is the smartest.

why i hate entps?
-they need to learn that smartness is nothing if not applied
-they need to realize that human will is one of the greatest tools they have...freaking use it...

Well I think smartness cant be applied. I think its something like a trait of you. Like he is adoreable or he is nice.
Your second sentence I dont understand.

what? i thought that thing under your avatar which is pretty freakin sick btw, said entp? been drinkin?

Of course, it says so under my name.
------------

Ouch. Too true.

All we can do is... treat everyone like a friend, hoping they'll jump on the love-bandwagon. Amiright?

I did one thing wrong though. I said its the greatest flaw of entps, but actually it is only my flaw.

Just wanted to correct that :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Thats not true, I only respond one time only to threads most of the times because I forgot about them.

You seem to have a very distorted view on entps:

Bouncing off ideas doesnt mean that you need to be the sole best with your opinion. It means to challenge others to generate new information and ideas. The thing an entp could be looking for in the end would be a completly new look onto a given situation, with new information and new ideas.

But its never about, who is the smartest.

I meant this post as how the world sees the ENTP and not how ENTPs see the world...in the first part anyway. When I started quoting, I just started having fun.
I should have made that clear in the beginning.

From an ENTP perspective, of course its never about being the smartest (unless thats what makes you keep going but that NEVER happens)...but that is how the world usually perceives it. ENTPs are just looking to have a real world backing of their ideas...see if they make sense to anyone else. The ideas are too complicated for the real world (dont mean to make ENTPs sound smart like that but others just DONT see the connections) and the ENTP comes off as a complete jackass. OR the people do follow the ideas and now the ENTP is brilliant.

Well I think smartness cant be applied. I think its something like a trait of you. Like he is adoreable or he is nice.
Your second sentence I dont understand.

Ok fine. Smartness, in the sense of the word, can't be applied, but intelligence can. If its applied in a combo with hard work, great things can be achieved. Most ENTPs, at least the ones I have daily interaction with, have a fairly strong P and need to be able sit their ass down and do what they are supposed to do (apply hard work + smartness)...instead they lazy around all day doing everything that could be done later and nothing that needs to be done now. By using human will, I meant that they need to consciously realize they are procrastinating and need to get themselves to sit down and do some work. Again, they are smart enough to realize, but not motivated enough to do it. Use will power.

entp dont know what other people feel or think about theirselves. Its their greatest flaw, beyond their show
yeah, this is a problem I have seen in ENTPs...but it could prolly be worked on...how bout this:
you must have a really strong Ti...thinking too much.
let your Ne flourish for a lil bit...

put yourself in controlled situations...getting lost in the middle of an unknown block with(out) a map and finding your way back...talking to a random stranger and trying to pin their type...doing something different, changing the routine will prolly make you very happy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I meant this post as how the world sees the ENTP and not how ENTPs see the world...in the first part anyway. When I started quoting, I just started having fun.
I should have made that clear in the beginning.

yea I wanted to change "the worlds" perception through an explanation.

From an ENTP perspective, of course its never about being the smartest (unless thats what makes you keep going but that NEVER happens)...but that is how the world usually perceives it. ENTPs are just looking to have a real world backing of their ideas...see if they make sense to anyone else. The ideas are too complicated for the real world (dont mean to make ENTPs sound smart like that but others just DONT see the connections) and the ENTP comes off as a complete jackass. OR the people do follow the ideas and now the ENTP is brilliant.

I think that depends. A lot of mine subliminal messaging in posts for example, should describe things from my past and experience I have made. So you are basically right about the testing the others thing. I want, by doing so, to find people, who equally share a similar sense for wisdom then I do.

I know thats not fair to treat people and it is in fact no way for me to sort people out or do something. The fact is, I dont evaluate anyone. I dont talk about people behind their backs and I quite rarely talk about myself, initially and want everybody to listen.

You are right about the "coming off as a jackass thing", but I have to say, maybe this is where finally an overall NT-ness can be experienced in the entp. Because most of the times, I dont want to start personal conversations with people.

It is a unique thing, only inherited by a few select individuals in the world, to be able to talk with some grace and a dash of style and I am really into those people, because most of the times, if they have the wisdom to understand, they also wont hurt me, if I open up to them. (Its something like a compability check)

This thing though and you are right about that, is a totally personal thing to me. As a grownup entp, one should be able to talk to everyone on a decent level of conversation and one should be able aswell to enter into a clear and interpretational free private conversation with someone, one likes.

I needed some time to learn that, but frequent conversations with people showed me the rules and therefore maybe this is something coming with age.

Ok fine. Smartness, in the sense of the word, can't be applied, but intelligence can. If its applied in a combo with hard work, great things can be achieved. Most ENTPs, at least the ones I have daily interaction with, have a fairly strong P and need to be able sit their ass down and do what they are supposed to do (apply hard work + smartness)...instead they lazy around all day doing everything that could be done later and nothing that needs to be done now. By using human will, I meant that they need to consciously realize they are procrastinating and need to get themselves to sit down and do some work. Again, they are smart enough to realize, but not motivated enough to do it. Use will power.

You are right about that again. Suffice it do say, I did overcome this. I had a phase in life I was doing nothing for a year, besides smoking pot and talking shit but that phase is over now. I nowadays already reached some things personally and work-relatedly with my abilities and I think I can put them to good use.

I have no solution for entps, who lack that attitude though. I am no psychologist. I will have again phases in my life, where I will fuck work and do again what I want, haphazardly screwing everything I build up until then. And I know one of these phases will be my undoing, the one that will have circumstances I could not have planned for. But I cant change that, its me.

yeah, this is a problem I have seen in ENTPs...but it could prolly be worked on...how bout this:
you must have a really strong Ti...thinking too much.
let your Ne flourish for a lil bit...

put yourself in controlled situations...getting lost in the middle of an unknown block with(out) a map and finding your way back...talking to a random stranger and trying to pin their type...doing something different, changing the routine will prolly make you very happy.

Well your advice is nice, but its not applicable to myself. There is more beyond it, but dont be mad at me, if I say I am not ready to open up in such a way for you yet :).

-----------

I will remember your critique in upcoming posts and try to maintain a casual level with you. I understood your criticism and will give it further thought. So I hope that is noted :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
yea I wanted to change "the worlds" perception through an explanation.

I think that depends. A lot of mine subliminal messaging in posts for example, should describe things from my past and experience I have made. So you are basically right about the testing the others thing. I want, by doing so, to find people, who equally share a similar sense for wisdom then I do.

I know thats not fair to treat people and it is in fact no way for me to sort people out or do something. The fact is, I dont evaluate anyone. I dont talk about people behind their backs and I quite rarely talk about myself, initially and want everybody to listen.

You are right about the "coming off as a jackass thing", but I have to say, maybe this is where finally an overall NT-ness can be experienced in the entp. Because most of the times, I dont want to start personal conversations with people.

It is a unique thing, only inherited by a few select individuals in the world, to be able to talk with some grace and a dash of style and I am really into those people, because most of the times, if they have the wisdom to understand, they also wont hurt me, if I open up to them. (Its something like a compability check)

This thing though and you are right about that, is a totally personal thing to me. As a grownup entp, one should be able to talk to everyone on a decent level of conversation and one should be able aswell to enter into a clear and interpretational free private conversation with someone, one likes.

I needed some time to learn that, but frequent conversations with people showed me the rules and therefore maybe this is something coming with age.

You are right about that again. Suffice it do say, I did overcome this. I had a phase in life I was doing nothing for a year, besides smoking pot and talking shit but that phase is over now. I nowadays already reached some things personally and work-relatedly with my abilities and I think I can put them to good use.

I have no solution for entps, who lack that attitude though. I am no psychologist. I will have again phases in my life, where I will fuck work and do again what I want, haphazardly screwing everything I build up until then. And I know one of these phases will be my undoing, the one that will have circumstances I could not have planned for. But I cant change that, its me.

Well your advice is nice, but its not applicable to myself. There is more beyond it, but dont be mad at me, if I say I am not ready to open up in such a way for you yet :).

-----------

I will remember your critique in upcoming posts and try to maintain a casual level with you. I understood your criticism and will give it further thought. So I hope that is noted :)

awsome...and dont worry, im not known to take things personally either...i just go rambling till something hits home

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it just me or does anyone want to see ThisGuy and ThatGirl have a conversation?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yes :D existential thats a good way to put it :D. I first of all thought he is ENTJ but then I found out :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

i disagree with this. I want to see my ideas work in tyhe real world, i really don't care if people believe in them or not. as for looking for someone looking fort evidence in the real world to back their ideas, this is more intj.

I do not believe we are the most intelligent type, InTx are way smarter than us. I believe the greatest strength i have is putting the impossible to practice.

Will power has nothing to do with being J or P. P's give up when they see there is no point in persisiting, and they will try something else another day.
That does not mean P's give up easily.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i disagree with this. I want to see my ideas work in tyhe real world, i really don't care if people believe in them or not. as for looking for someone looking fort evidence in the real world to back their ideas, this is more intj.

maybe thats cuz i haven't seen a lot of initiative-backed ideas coming from within...ideas are there but time, labour, possible legal issue...etc make life too complicated...that'll prolly change from today onwards but as of right now, thats the status of things

real world evidence bit:
all that means, i think, is that you are a well developed ENTP. your functions are developed enough for you to trust them completely. not true for all ENTPs, especially if they (we) are recovering from a major setback...Ne goes nuts (usually a good thing) but Ti is like the run-away bride (second guessing aka over-thinking everything)

I do not believe we are the most intelligent type, InTx are way smarter than us. I believe the greatest strength i have is putting the impossible to practice.

Will power has nothing to do with being J or P. P's give up when they see there is no point in persisiting, and they will try something else another day.
That does not mean P's give up easily.

i don't know if we are the smartest or not but we are definitely not dumb. all i was saying is if we combine hard work + intelligence, we can do anything. obviously this is common to mankind in general, but ENTPs do hold certain advantage in that we have an uninhibited imagination...hope you see where im coming from...

every J i know gets their work done way before the deadline while im just starting the assignment the t-x [1] , maybe t-2x before the deadline which is on t day. using my will power, i COULD have forced myself to start and complete the assignment without any regard to the deadline. so its not about what will power has to do with J or P, but rather how to improve on whats obviously adding a negative aspect to my life.

got nothing to do with 'giving up'...hell if i like something, ill usually end up going to the end of the world to get it

[1] x meaning 1 unit of time before i start to feel REALLY pressured about the deadline

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
real world evidence bit:
all that means, i think, is that you are a well developed ENTP. your functions are developed enough for you to trust them completely. not true for all ENTPs, especially if they (we) are recovering from a major setback...Ne goes nuts (usually a good thing) but Ti is like the run-away bride (second guessing aka over-thinking everything)

i don't know if we are the smartest or not but we are definitely not dumb. all i was saying is if we combine hard work + intelligence, we can do anything. obviously this is common to mankind in general, but ENTPs do hold certain advantage in that we have an uninhibited imagination...hope you see where im coming from...

every J i know gets their work done way before the deadline while im just starting the assignment the t-x [1] , maybe t-2x before the deadline which is on t day. using my will power, i COULD have forced myself to start and complete the assignment without any regard to the deadline. so its not about what will power has to do with J or P, but rather how to improve on whats obviously adding a negative aspect to my life.

got nothing to do with 'giving up'...hell if i like something, ill usually end up going to the end of the world to get it

[1] x meaning 1 unit of time before i start to feel REALLY pressured about the deadline

Don't wish you are a J, thisguy. Trust me, being a P is much better.
P does not stqqand for procrastination alone, it stands for flexibility, improvisation, believing you will reach your goal and only the sky is the limit, and most importantly, beleive in randomness. Randomness is very powerful in this world. Life is not like in shcool or university, there is no deadline in making your dream come true.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Don't wish you are a J, thisguy. Trust me, being a P is much better.
P does not stqqand for procrastination alone, it stands for flexibility, improvisation, believing you will reach your goal and only the sky is the limit, and most importantly, beleive in randomness. Randomness is very powerful in this world. Life is not like in shcool or university, there is no deadline in making your dream come true.

true...J doesn't sound too exciting.

i just wish i could force myself to procrastinate a lil less. its weird though...technically, im doing it right now...but im not wasting my time. im increasing my understanding of human social interactions. only bad part is i should be sleeping right now.

but then thats an issue that i need to deal with