• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to vent this.

As much as I truly truly love and adore ENTPs, they can possibly be the most aggravating people I've ever met if they're immature or broken in the head.

When they're down, they may seek you out for help or understanding, but then if they've decided to get the bit in their teeth and go all the way into perdition, they won't be swayed. I've watched several of them just march straight into their own destruction, all the while telling me - the person they actively sought out for understanding and comfort - that I'm "wrong" [pardon?] and that I couldn't possibly understand them [yes, yes, you're a big old unknowable glorious enigma... how stupid of me] plus a whole string of dramatic cynical statements meant to justify the bad act they're about to commit. [And it's usually pretty bad if they're already determined to go sideways through that turn...]

The very idea that anyone can see through them causes them to freak out. A lot.

If it's woman/man drama, it continues or gets worse. If it's drinking/drug abuse, it continues or gets worse.

When they think they've reached an epiphany, even if it's completely backward and only going to hurt them, they hold onto it like it came down Mt. Sinai. No amount of rational thought will change their minds. That's the one thing I really hate about Ne - when it thinks it's right, it's not just right, it's RIGHT!!!! [now in Technicolor]

Ne turns into a body shield. They're Superman. They're wisdom incarnate. No one else could possibly have thought about XYZ as deeply as them. I go from being the "person most wanted" to being patronized into the ground if what I'm saying doesn't jive with what they've adopted as truth.

And I'm saying this knowing that I'm extremely susceptible to ENTPs and wish to be acquiring (another) one as soon as practically possible (whenever Digest agrees to marry me, of course.)

Sorry to complain. :( I just had one of these classic moments last night and I'm well put out of patience.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Ne turns into a body shield. They're Superman. They're wisdom incarnate. No one else could possibly have thought about XYZ as deeply as them. I go from being the "person most wanted" to being patronized into the ground if what I'm saying doesn't jive with what they've adopted as truth.

QFT x 1,000.

Like Pink, I love ENTPs. I really do. Some of you.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
choose your words wisely posters. for the may be your last.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to vent this.

Sorry to complain. :( I just had one of these classic moments last night and I'm well put out of patience.

I swear woman! I keep reading your posts thinking you’re Eck, I was wondering why the hell he was venting about ENTPs, then I got to the 'sorry to complain' part and knew something was up :D

We can be our own worst enemies.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A bunch of fluffy posts were moved here. I warned you people.

Can't blame ENTPs for not following through on their threats. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cant you let the whole thread vanish ? Its like a thorn in the eye, when i am on the mainpage

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Cant you let the whole thread vanish ? Its like a thorn in the eye, when i am on the mainpage

I don't know. Lets talk about it. What are the pros and cons of letting this thread vanish?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know. Lets talk about it. What are the pros and cons of letting this thread vanish?

Never before were all the reasons to hate ENTPs condensed to one thread, it's too much. I'm just glad I'm not their Public Relations director.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
omg Edahn, dont ask me such tough questions.

I dont know, go on ranting, I go invent something in the meantime

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Pros: It shows we don't encourage hate.
Cons: It takes away what can also be a fun discussion about personality type.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Have you ever had them flat out misrepresent your argument if they are proven wrong and you proven correct? I don't know if that's a general 'unhealthy ENTP thing' or a 'annoying ENTP I work with' thing.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I hate ENTPs because the only thing worse than all their ideas is their overestimation of their significance.

You know, 90% of the bullshit ideas we get come from books and information resources, and those books are very likely written by INTPs and INTJs who had nothing better to do.

We just put those ideas into reality and unleash their awesome destructive power. :D

Sunshine8

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ENTP's...D...I...A...R...Y. Mop. Washing Machine.

I am seeing an ENTP and he is absolutely delightful to be around.

He's pretty close to perfection in a match with me, however, since we are talking shortcomings here, here are my first impressions (before my idealist rose coloured goggles are permanently in place)...

Messy
Unreliable
Self absorbed
No time management skills
Can seem arrogant at times

But all in all, he's the best fit so far...and a million, bazillion times easier to get on with then my ex INTP. Sheesh...I feel like someone applied an enzyme to my love life...and...I...can..actually..make...contact...with him.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You know, 90% of the bullshit ideas we get come from books and information resources, and those books are very likely written by INTPs and INTJs who had nothing better to do.

We just put those ideas into reality and unleash their awesome destructive power. :D

Also, 90% of the bullshit ideas ENTPs get are made from losing something in the translation from the time they read the INTx's literature, to later, when they mash together the bits they remembered to form their idea.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Also, 90% of the bullshit ideas ENTPs get are made from losing something in the translation from the time they read the INTx's literature, to later, when they mash together the bits they remembered to form their idea.

FAIL

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't get ideas from books perse.
And really ajblaise, how should I put it. You don't really seem to be the smartest person on this forum. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I ain't. Who cares. And I won't start the 'nf job' of telling how you seem to be sending the frustrated self proclaimed intellectual( for lack of any 'other' skill or gift ) vibe around you at relativity defying speeds.

Just saying that this constant appropriation of 'the intp pride' and the idea that every worthy work made by someone with half a brain has to come from an intp is really such a ridiculous statement that I don't even know where to begin to describe its profound wrongness and shortsightedness.

If I ever was interested anough to talk about it that is.

Which'll never happen.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
I am seeing an ENTP and he is absolutely delightful to be around.

He's pretty close to perfection in a match with me, however, since we are talking shortcomings here, here are my first impressions (before my idealist rose coloured goggles are permanently in place)...

Messy
Unreliable
Self absorbed
No time management skills
Can seem arrogant at times

But all in all, he's the best fit so far...and a million, bazillion times easier to get on with then my ex INTP. Sheesh...I feel like someone applied an enzyme to my love life...and...I...can..actually..make...contact...with him.

Yeay! That sounds great.

I'm seeing an ENTP too, and I can definitely relate to: Self absorbed, can seem arrogant. Also, can't connect fully with me on the subject of feelings and passions and - unfortunately - can beat me in a logical argument any day. Well, if he couldn't beat me then it wouldn't be nearly as interesting, but we'll still consider it a shortcoming for the sake of this thread.