• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I meant in the typology sense--that F/T are both Je/Ji (rational) and S/N are both Pe/Pi (irrational) but yeah I see what you mean. Though I think feelers are just as necessary as thinkers in the world, I appreciate both of them.

When I was very young, I used to think feelers in general were stupid, naive, and useless until I went through a period of depression and confusion during my teenage years due to a feeling of isolation based around my conception of being so fundamentally different than most people on a subconscious level. Feelers were the type of people who eventually snapped me out of it and helped me discover how to manage my unconventional way of thinking and experiencing emotions.

When dealing with interpersonal and intrapersonal issues, an approach that appeals to a person's feelings is often favorable to one that appeals to logic. However, they are not mutually exclusive, and often blend together in their own way.

I appreciate feelers in a way that goes beyond words. Thinkers and feelers have their own unique strengths.

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I meant in the typology sense--that F/T are both Je/Ji (rational) and S/N are both Pe/Pi (irrational) but yeah I see what you mean. Though I think feelers are just as necessary as thinkers in the world, I appreciate both of them.

I know what you meant when you said what you said earlier. But being that I'm an Extroverted Thinking type, I have to "explain" things. I didn't think you didn't understand me, but it's just a habit of my type to go on and discuss the topic slightly further.

I don't know if Feeling types are "necessary" but there's far more Feeling types in the world than there are Thinking types. I've read it's about 75-80% of humans are Feeling types and 20-25% are thinking types. It makes sense, but it would be erroneous to mistaken Thinking types to be emotionless. Thinking types express their emotions differently, and they handle it in a more "concrete" manner than Feeling types. That's why I wrote what I did about thoughts vs emotions. I don't discount emotions as being unimportant, because emotions are important, but it is not factual and not rooted in reality, which means it's virtually impossible to share emotional experiences as they are deeply rooted in the individual, but thoughts are able to manifest in the material plane, which can then be "shared."

I don't have problems with Feeling types (as 2 of my closest friends are INFP/J), but only drawback I see with Feeling types is that they aren't necessarily concerned with anything manifesting in reality. However, more often than not, Thinking types will be concerned about how something gets executed. Just because ENTPs are idea machines and are devil's advocates, we will eventually test some of our ideas out and it will come into fruition. We're just not committed planners like ENTJ version. ENTPs aren't inventors for nothing. We do get around to achieving some of our ideas LOL Time and time again, me testing out my ideas have been supported by verified Thinking types and they even contribute by giving me their thoughts on my ideas/plans. Feeling types offer me their hesitations, but nothing of rational value. Although I appreciate Feeling types showing concern, I don't want or need anyone to be emotional about me or what I do. I do need more people to be rationally cooperative with me, and help me accomplish what I want to see accomplished, and then some!

However, the world operates on ESFJ sort of perspective. On the introverted side, the world will favor ISTJ. The most rare type is supposedly INFJ, which makes sense because such a combo is really ODD! In general, the world sees people who are Intuitive are, well, screwy. Extroverted Intuition types can handle the screwball label much better, but Introverted Intuition types have a difficult time speaking out and have a hard time rectifying their true identity with how the world identifies them. I love that most people see me as a screwball. It's hilarious and I give an evil laugh. But again, I can't say Feeling types are necessary, as much as they are abundant. I would say that Thinking types are more needed because we're the ones who have to fix up everything when things certainly will go to hell.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling isn't rational. You may utilize that function to make judgements or perceptions, but it's still NOT rational. Emotions aren't based upon facts, but come from within and independent of any concrete information. You feel the way you just because you do. There's no real basis behind feelings, whereas thoughts and ideas will eventually be tested on the material plane to test the limitations. Thoughts are dictated by factual reality, whereas, feelings have no structure or boundaries to verify validity.

In Jungian terms rational functions are the judging functions, and the perception functions are irrational.

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
When I was very young, I used to think feelers in general were stupid, naive, and useless until I went through a period of depression and confusion during my teenage years due to a feeling of isolation based around my conception of being so fundamentally different than most people on a subconscious level. Feelers were the type of people who eventually snapped me out of it and helped me discover how to manage my unconventional way of thinking and experiencing emotions.

When dealing with interpersonal and intrapersonal issues, an approach that appeals to a person's feelings is often favorable to one that appeals to logic. However, they are not mutually exclusive, and often blend together in their own way.

I appreciate feelers in a way that goes beyond words. Thinkers and feelers have their own unique strengths.

I think every teenager who lives in a First World society will have periods of depression and experiences of "isolation" and "despair," whether they are of the Thinking type or Feeling type. A lot of emotional "stability" comes with age and experience. Simply put, as time goes on and you learn the nuances of the world and encounter a large variety of people, you become more familiar with your world, and in return, get to know yourself much better. This gives you confidence in yourself and how you can handle the outside world. It is much more helpful to be an Extroverted kind, than it is to be an Introverted kind, because Extroverts will seek out external mechanisms to relate and connect with their outside world; which heavily includes people.

You reached out to others or at least, allowed others to reach you. That's not uncommon of Extroverts. Introverts are difficult to reach in general. They are somewhat trapped within their own world and have difficulties with reconciliation of how the outside wold can accommodate their inside world. That's probably their biggest puzzle. More often, I encounter Introvert types to be resisting of the outside world, esp. the younger ones. Inexperience is definitely a handicap, but over time, that can be solved.

I use to think Feeling types were stupid and annoying during my teen years, too. I use to see them as being primordial and basic. I had moved around a lot most of my life, and the fast friends I would make are Feeling types- each and every time. The friends that develop with me and practically assist me are Thinking types. The Feeling types aren't practical, but would keep in touch with me by sending me letters and such. Overtime, we lost tract of each other, but I still keep some of the things my old friends sent me. However, I know that if I reach out to my Thinking friends and asked them to help me in some practical way, I know they'll say "Yes" for sure. That's what Feeling types see me as- someone dependable and reasonable to help with practical matters. However, emotionally, I cannot serve as a "counselor" as that's not my strong point. I hate listening to other people's gross feelings.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Feelers were the type of people who eventually snapped me out of it and helped me discover how to manage my unconventional way of thinking and experiencing emotions.
It's spelled emoticons.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Feelers are necessary, as are all letters, functions, types, and human beings.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=27771]Libra_Rising[/MENTION] Feeling is rational because its judgments form in reaction to stimulating evidence. Sensation and intuition are irrational because they are not conclusion forming processes.

Rational /= factual. The term for that is objective or empirical which is the domain of the extroverted functions. Rationality specifically refers to the process of forming conclusions from established premises.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate how I never encounter ya'll in the wild.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We might be endangered in a world going to hell in a hand basket.

Every time I thought I found one, it turned out to be, in order:

INFP
INTP
ENFP

I feel like I'm making progress though. I see now it's the Ne that throws me.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Every time I thought I found one, it turned out to be, in order:

INFP
INTP
ENFP

I feel like I'm making progress though. I see now it's the Ne that throws me.
Entps are outspoken
Love to argue
Are rather positive
Are terrible with deadlines
Tend to have a larger knowledge base than intps
Are far less emotional than either enfps or infps

How did u get them confused

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Entps are outspoken
Love to argue
Are rather positive
Are terrible with deadlines
Tend to have a larger knowledge base than intps
Are far less emotional than either enfps or infps

How did u get them confused

It isn't confusion. It's the initial draw. This has not been a consciously systematic process. But now that I'm looking back at my hop-stepping, perhaps it should be.

Edit: I'm explaining this imprecisely.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It isn't confusion. It's the initial draw. This has not been a consciously systematic process. But now that I'm looking back at my hop-stepping, perhaps it should be.

Edit: I'm explaining this imprecisely.

Oh right. U meant relationships. My bad

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=27771]Libra_Rising[/MENTION] Feeling is rational because its judgments form in reaction to stimulating evidence. Sensation and intuition are irrational because they are not conclusion forming processes.

Rational /= factual. The term for that is objective or empirical which is the domain of the extroverted functions. Rationality specifically refers to the process of forming conclusions from established premises.

This is a great post. Even though they still may not get it....

I'm on my phone, otherwise I would have gone and found a "like" hand with the bandage.

Consider this a like.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh right. U meant relationships. My bad

Yup.

I learned about all this type stuff here, but did the characteristic, individualist balk "I don't need no stinking ENTP," Keirsey for the 9 years since.

I've been single almost a year now and reflecting about a lot of things in general --as I am prone to do during long periods of isolation. Fool, that's precisely what I need. Some lessons come hard.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yup.

I learned about all this type stuff here, but did the characteristic, individualist balk "I don't need no stinking ENTP," Keirsey for the 9 years since.

I've been single almost a year now and reflecting about a lot of things in general --as I am prone to do during long periods of isolation. Fool, that's precisely what I need. Some lessons come hard.
I didn't know. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is a great post. Even though they still may not get it....

I'm on my phone, otherwise I would have gone and found a "like" hand with the bandage.

Consider this a like.

So you supported an arguement for feeling being a rational function but then call the rationals 'they' ? That's courageos :)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you supported an arguement for feeling being a rational function but then call the rationals 'they' ? That's courageos :)

Are you drunk again?

I said "They" as pertaining to the user Libra_Rising. I don't know what gender they are...

That person also does not have a rational dominant function according to Jungian theory...so what you've said is inaccurate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Are you drunk again?

I said "They" as pertaining to the user Libra_Rising. I don't know what gender they are...

That person also does not have a rational dominant function according to Jungian theory...so what you've said is inaccurate.

I just felt my way thru it