• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dont mind, he is from Berlin, they neither count as west or east, just Berlin :D

i grew up in the states, anyway :p

Some friends of mine are actually from Bochum. nice guys, but tehy can be weird.

however, east germany is nice and well away from ostfriesland

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
In my mind there were so many misconceptions that I just had to correct. So, getting back to the point...

Another ENTP since they are "stealing" attention from his/her show.

No way! I love being around other ENTPs. Who wouldn't? They make you laugh, keep the conversation going, have great ideas for having fun. I hate to be the one doing all the talking trying to get others to lighten up and talk too. ENTPs are not stage personas. They are more democratic than that.

Swearing: I don't and that's because I think it's not creative language at all (if you don't make up your own swear words!). There are better ways to express oneself. I have many ENTJ friends who do that but only a few ENTPs.

Reading: All the ENTPs I know read a lot. I used to do that systematically (Russian classics, Chinese contemporary etc) but then realized that's not the way - there's too many!. Intuitive selecting is the best so that I can grab new books quickly when interested.

Taking criticism: I think ENTPs criticize themselves so much that it's impossible for them to get mad when others do that. BUT they love to debate on their flaws. Why not? It's a way to create mutual understanding.

Self-contentment: I see this more as optimism and trust in ourselves. I know it can aggravate people who only see the happy face and not the inner exploration and questioning. ENTPs see themselves as works-in-progress rather than know-it-alls.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

Taking criticism: I think ENTPs criticize themselves so much that it's impossible for them to get mad when others do that. BUT they love to debate on their flaws. Why not? It's a way to create mutual understanding.

I never critixize myself. Try blaming other people.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
:hi:

being self-critical is never a good thing. we arte not ENTJs.
you can never learn from your mistakes being self-critical.

every biological organism makes mistakes, and being forgiving to yourself is very imporatant. I always forgive myself when i messed up, the one who is criticizing me can talk to a wall instead.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs are the only type that can actually get MORE big headed from reading a we-hate-your-type thread.

*edit*

And ENTPs always have a come back for everything you say.

Its usually terrible and not at all funny, but still counts as a come-back.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever had them flat out misrepresent your argument if they are proven wrong and you proven correct? I don't know if that's a general 'unhealthy ENTP thing' or a 'annoying ENTP I work with' thing.

Mine says "Oh. I didn't realize that was what you were trying to say."
Which means "I wasn't listening to a thing you said when you warned me that my idea would not fly."

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
:hi:

being self-critical is never a good thing. we arte not ENTJs.
you can never learn from your mistakes being self-critical.

every biological organism makes mistakes, and being forgiving to yourself is very imporatant. I always forgive myself when i messed up, the one who is criticizing me can talk to a wall instead.

I disagree. Being critical of your own actions enables you to be objective (ie. rational). And that is the way to learn and self-develop. It has nothing to do with forgiveness. You do what you do, then you evaluate the process and its outcome and lastly decide whether that action is worth continuing or changing.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree. Being critical of your own actions enables you to be objective (ie. rational). And that is the way to learn and self-develop. It has nothing to do with forgiveness. You do what you do, then you evaluate the process and its outcome and lastly decide whether that action is worth continuing or changing.

This guy speaks truth.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, that is kinda hot... can you blame him?

I guess I can't. *sheepish laugh* It was pretty hot.

I sometimes wonder, if people seriously think, we come up with all the shit on our own :D

You mean you're NOT all originals?! WHAT?! :p

*shakes head* You learned it from us! :D

You guys are cuddlier. :hug:

And indeed there will be time
To wonder, "Do I dare?" and "Do I dare?"
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
I grow old...I grow old..
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, T.S. Eliot

I hear his hand on the latch, and rise from my chair
Watching the door open; he flashes bare
His strong teeth in a smile, and flashes his eyes
In a smile like triumph upon me; ...the broad
Blade of his glance that asks me to applaud
His coming... With his hand he turns my face to him
And caresses me with his fingers...
God, I am caught in a snare!
I know not what fine wire is round my throat;
I only know I let him finger there
My pulse of life, and let him nose like a stoat
Who sniffs with joy before he drinks the blood.

And down his mouth comes to my mouth, and down
His bright dark eyes come over me, like a hood
Upon my mind - his lips meet mine, and a flood
Of sweet fire sweeps across me, so I drown
Against him, die, and find death good.

D.H. Lawrence

No missed opportunity.

Honestly? It's about feeling alive and connected. Show me your rawness, your warts and all, show passion, show that I affect you, show that there is no 'later, for another time,' and I can't help but be drawn. Show me you in the moment.
I hate the masks people put on (and, not to toot my own horn *HONK! HONK!* but I'm pretty darn good at finding out when people are not being genuine).
If I can shake your sensibilities, if you let me shake your sensibilities (i.e., be affected), that's :heart:. And, trust.
I mean no harm for I will gladly return to you, what you have given me, in kind (maybe a different way, perhaps, which is *me*). So, without assuming there is 'time enough', do, be. I shall promise to do the same. As near always as I can get.

It was nice to know that I could take him apart and rename everything. And I had plenty of invitation to try.

That's why I was his girl.

This thread is ridiculous.

And high in bad cholesterol. Heart attacks for sure.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah its more like this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5zw6fGjdA"]In a mirror, darkly :D[/YOUTUBE]

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
self absorbed, lack empathy, opportunistic, tend to use people, just stuff I've noticed in some, not all. some have a bit of the con about them

also have great qualities too, of course - funny, charming, quick witted, vivacious...they have a hard time with sticking to any one thing for long, tire quickly of people, jobs.....fuck punctuation

No hate here. Weird Al rocks my world.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Qre's last post with the Eliot quote and all is pretty much what I mean when I talk about life being a game. I want to poke at you until the layers of fake politeness peel away; I want to genuinely interact with the real you.

Unfortunately a lot of people see this poking and interpret it as disingenuous, as if its purpose is solely to hurt people or pump up our own egos. It's more than that; it's Ne curiosity. We have to know what will happen when we try all possibilities, and that sometimes includes unpleasant or not-nice possibilities. That's just what we do. If we don't try all the possibilities, how will we know we're not missing out on some of the most interesting ones?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Is that jackass brute shmuck who over talks or cuts of your verbal thought at social gatherings an ENTP? Or do i got that confused with ESTJ? If ENTP has some minute form of social butterfly then disregard.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Amen my brother.

I think some people are soo alone they are even able to kick the most curious ones around them away

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to admit at one point in your life that you are not able to handle entps. Therefore it is not honorable to brag about them in this thread :)