• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] iNtuition and Cannabis

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I grew up on the extreme west coast of Canada, where it is not unheard of to share a joint with your friend's parents when visiting their house, so I have been exposed to a lot of pot smokers and used to smoke fairly frequently myself. I don't know if this is just me, or also linked to the strength of the weed out there but most of the time, it was a negative experience. Just made me paranoid and dull - a lot less talkative than when not stoned. Then it made me robo-eat for an hour. It affects my INFP sister very differently - makes her busy and active. I don't think I could go for a walk while stoned if you held a gun to my head. ;)

When it worked out it was great. Definitely increased s-ness. Conscious of things like the feeling of the wind on your face, how delicious plain saltine crackers are etc.

I don't smoke much anymore but when I do I specifically request the weak stuff!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I grew up on the extreme west coast of Canada, where it is not unheard of to share a joint with your friend's parents when visiting their house, so I have been exposed to a lot of pot smokers and used to smoke fairly frequently myself. I don't know if this is just me, or also linked to the strength of the weed out there but most of the time, it was a negative experience. Just made me paranoid and dull - a lot less talkative than when not stoned. Then it made me robo-eat for an hour. It affects my INFP sister very differently - makes her busy and active. I don't think I could go for a walk while stoned if you held a gun to my head. ;)

When it worked out it was great. Definitely increased s-ness. Conscious of things like the feeling of the wind on your face, how delicious plain saltine crackers are etc.

I don't smoke much anymore but when I do I specifically request the weak stuff!

I love going on walks when stoned, I'm always like we should go on a walk...or we should color, i have a hard time just sitting their doing nothing.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i go into idea overload and can really work out solutions quickly and creatively...i think that would be my ne going into overdrive, right?

Yes, that's what happens to me. I do also get some S-augmentation in terms of tastes and colors and things, but it's usually not as apparent as the Ne increase.

Based on responses, sounds like Js in general are much less inclined to enjoy it. NTJs especially seem put off by the lack of efficiency it can cause.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but i think the ne overdrive has the opposite effect on us right...it inspires action because we need to be inspired or motivated so much right? cool...let me have some. i've got things to do.

redacted

I smoked weed from pretty much the day I turned 14 on. Starting in 10th grade, I started smoking every day. Senior year, I was smoking a half-eighth a day. Then Freshman and Sophomore year of college, I smoked maybe 5 8ths a week.

I really liked it but it was so clearly an escape from reality. It lost its fun-ness. In the last 2 years, I've been on and off in 3-4 month periods. I haven't smoked since mid-November.

The problem is, when I smoke but don't smoke everyday, I get too stoned. I like having a tolerance when I smoke; it makes it more controllable. But when I smoke every day, there are lots of problems that arise (laziness, lack of emotional processing, needing more sleep). So every time I smoke after a long break, I want to smoke more to build a tolerance, but then I get annoyed by the long term consequences and quit entirely. But when I quit entirely, I get really annoyed that I can't smoke with my friends and at some point wind up smoking again.

It's an annoying cycle.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just smoke less...less often silly. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I smoked weed from pretty much the day I turned 14 on. Starting in 10th grade, I started smoking every day. Senior year, I was smoking a half-eighth a day. Then Freshman and Sophomore year of college, I smoked maybe 5 8ths a week.

I really liked it but it was so clearly an escape from reality. It lost its fun-ness. In the last 2 years, I've been on and off in 3-4 month periods. I haven't smoked since mid-November.

The problem is, when I smoke but don't smoke everyday, I get too stoned. I like having a tolerance when I smoke; it makes it more controllable. But when I smoke every day, there are lots of problems that arise (laziness, lack of emotional processing, needing more sleep). So every time I smoke after a long break, I want to smoke more to build a tolerance, but then I get annoyed by the long term consequences and quit entirely. But when I quit entirely, I get really annoyed that I can't smoke with my friends and at some point wind up smoking again.

It's an annoying cycle.

Hmm that's weird that you wanted to build up a tolerance. I've always welcomed the new low tolerance and hated to see it go up, which was reason to take a break. But I can see how it can make the high more hectic and anxiety causing under the right conditions.

Didums

My observations:

N-doms enjoy weed the most, it expands their thought processes and affects their perception of reality the most. They seem to get a lot more bang for their buck. I remember my ENTP friend telling me about how when he was peaking on a strong high, he looked at a wall next to him and for a few seconds he didn't understand the purpose of what it was for, and once he realized it was a wall, he had an epiphany about how the purpose of everything we create around us is arbitrary, how we normally see a chair and understand that it is to sit in, but that isn't necessarily the case, it could be a weapon, or a table, we are raised to think that a chair is for sitting, someone not raised with such knowledge of what objects are for might walk into a room and not understand wtf anything is.

T-doms, for myself atleast, it relieves a lot of the stress caused by excessive Ti thought tangents (intps you know what I'm talking about, it can be a blessing at times but a curse at others). I notice the sensory effects more than anything, my thought processes become inhibited instead of enhanced like N-doms (it basically lowers my IQ lol). I am more normal in social situations, though if I'm really faded the barrier between my thoughts and language becomes even more apparent and I can barely speak or make myself speak at all and become super introverted, but at other times weed makes me more extroverted, weird stuff. Like ajblaise mentioned, I like the physical-sensory aspect the most, food, music, feel of my body, I become a much better driver too, I can feel the pedals much better. I am one of those laughing-stoners, everything becomes funny to me, I can just look at one of my friend's faces and find something to laugh at.

SJs seem to enjoy weed less than others and prefer alcohol to a large degree.

SPs seem to want to get fucked up on anything available.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate the stuff, it makes me paranoid and I think way too much. I dwell over small details and run through them over and over again. The only time I would enjoy it is just before sleeping. Anyway, I'm off to OC to smoke...:)

Frank

I used to like the rush I would get from being around people and trying to overcome the paranoia that came with smoking. Had to quit when I realized I had wasted three years of my life doing basically nothing. I don't think it would be bad to do once in awhile, alone, to help me step back and play with my N some.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Its an intresting topic. Most of the hardcore smokers back a few years, I think were NFs. And some never seemed like being onto anythink, after having smoked a huge blunt alone.

I myself become highly paranoid and stressed out. My lady forbid me to take the stuff :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not curious at all? You seem curious about everything else.

True. But this seem like sometthing where you don't have much to expore. Plus I am not at all interested in things that work on principle of reality distortion.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's in my nature to be an experimenter..even if I was completely against it, I'd still have to try it..but I'm not against it.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really enjoy weed, but it fucks with the rest of my life in ways I don't enjoy. I look shrooms too, but they're harder to access and harder to ingest. The experience feels almost the same to me, though.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
if i am reading this board, chances are that i am stoned on grass. I would like to cut back, but withotu a couple joints in the night, i cannot get ot sleep.

Aside from relaxing, riding a bike is a lot of fun. The sounds of the city totally come to life.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I have mixed feelings about weed... a little and everything is funny and i get more talkative.. too much and i start analyzing every little thing that happens and become dead quiet and its annoying

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Different strands of cannabis (sativo, indica, kush) have different effects.

One might make you more active, the other make you more relaxed/creative etc.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Different strands of cannabis (sativo, indica, kush) have different effects.

One might make you more active, the other make you more relaxed/creative etc.

totally true. i prefer the active talkative one when with people for sure.