• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Since INTJs have one, and so do a bunch of other types, it's unfair that INTPs don't have one.

So here it is.

Shoot away.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate INTPs cause I can't offend them *moons*

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate INTPs because they're unoriginal and copy INTJs.

wolfy

awsm
I hate you because you probably enjoyed Gödel, Escher, Bach. And even maybe understood it or at least had a theory on what the hell it was all about.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I hate you because you probably enjoyed Gödel, Escher, Bach. And even maybe understood it or at least had a theory on what the hell it was all about.

Darn. When is the real hate going to come out? *waits impatiently*

*googles Gödel and Escher*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely love talking to you guys, but don't like the side effects that often occur (aka head ache!). It's worth it though :D

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Absolutely love talking to you guys, but don't like the side effects that often occur (aka head ache!). It's worth it though :D

I never knew how annoying I could be until I got into a 3-hour long argument on Skype with an INTP from Amsterdam about something or other ( I had forgotten the original proposition not even halfway through the argument, but continued to argue anyway out of stubbornness, as I'm sure so did he. Tiring!)

:shock:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. (INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs ;) )

I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

I hate you because you're even more emotionally incompetent than ENTPs, and that's really fucking saying something.

I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Fine, I hate you because you're too aware of your own level of rational analytical ability and it generates overconfidence in opinions that you've spent a lot of time rehashing in your mind/reassuring yourself are correct.

I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. [/I](INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs ;) )

I hate you because you perpetuate your own high instance of clinical depression by repeating depressing behaviors.

I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.

*counts*

+ 6 :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP

I hate you because you insist on viewing yourselves as the most rational type, and yet you irrationally waste tremendous amounts of time and energy proving your points to people who neither understand nor appreciate them. You are often pathologically, emotionally, irrationally attached to feeling right. [/I](INTJs don't do this...but new studies show this behavior may also be characteristic of ENTPs ;) )

Some of this rings true, but a large chunk doesn't. Don't forget, the INTP is.. just like the ENTP.. an external Ne. Both types prefer to keep changing their mind, and leave their options open.

I dont, in my experience, very often see INTPs as impossible to convince nor do I find them likely to ignore new evidence - in fact they get quite excited about new facts because it's feeds Ne, and allows them to bubble stuff around again.

Now.. some of the criticisms you raise could entirely be given to people who type themselves as INTPs, and try to act as they think an INTP should, but probably are not actually INTP.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

But INTJs love to bullshit sometimes.

INTJ best friend: I believe the economic crisis was created by the Obama team to increase his chances of winning the presidential bid.
Me: Bullshit.
INTJ best friend: What?!
Me: What evidence do you have?
INTJ best friend: Hehe, none. But I'll go find one.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Some of this rings true, but a large chunk doesn't. Don't forget, the INTP is.. just like the ENTP.. an external Ne. Both types prefer to keep changing their mind, and leave their options open.

I dont, in my experience, very often see INTPs as impossible to convince nor do I find them likely to ignore new evidence - in fact they get quite excited about new facts because it's feeds Ne, and allows them to bubble stuff around again.

Now.. some of the criticisms you raise could entirely be given to people who type themselves as INTPs, and try to act as they think an INTP should, but probably are not actually INTP.

Sometimes INTPs are open-minded, but sometimes when people contradict their argument it simply pisses them off terribly because they have figured out something so thoroughly in their head and therefore are too convinced of their rightness.

INTPs aren't as logical as they idealize themselves to be, especially when they have a very underdeveloped Fi gnawing and threatening to burst. This depends a lot on the maturity of the INTP in question.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes INTPs are open-minded, but sometimes when people contradict their argument it simply pisses them off terribly because they have figured out something so thoroughly in their head and therefore are too convinced of their rightness.

INTPs aren't as logical as they idealize themselves to be, especially when they have a very underdeveloped Fi gnawing and threatening to burst. This depends a lot on the maturity of the INTP in question.

Yes, that.

Also, you're a bunch of scallywags and carpetbaggers.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't hate you.

But then I don't really hate anybody. (And I know, feeler types are convinced what an entp consider as 'meh boring' = 'pure hatred', but no that's just the common F delusion about ENTPs)

I shall be back with snarky comments in my spare time. Beware