• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I don't hate you.

But then I don't really hate anybody. (And I know, feeler types are convinced what an entp consider as 'meh boring' = 'pure hatred', but no that's just the common F delusion about ENTPs)

I don't hate anyone either!

*moves to Paris and considers admitting his "I" is probably an E*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I hate INTPs because their activation energy to get them to catalyze thought into action is twice as large as other types.

And they're just too good looking.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes, that.

Also, you're a bunch of scallywags and carpetbaggers.

Google inline definition points out that scallywags have generally two meanings:

- rogue: a deceitful and unreliable scoundrel
- imp: one who is playfully mischievous

I'll take the second :p

And as for carpetbaggers, I think INTJs deserve this title more ;)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I hate INTPs because they can't be affected by mere hate.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Awwwww go on, you know there's some social obliviousness lurking in there somewhere. I know I have it.

Well, to be honest, a classmate told me how she used to hate me and acted hostile to me all the time, and I said in all honesty that I simply didn't notice it. Ha! That said, I have thought that some people hated me, when in fact they didn't (and actually thought I hated them). Damn overactive Ne combined with inferior Fi!

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
I hate you because you think that spending more time considering all the angles than most people entitles you to ignore new evidence when it's presented.

I hate you because you fail to consider that someone else, perhaps an INTJ, could come to a better conclusion than yours in less time and with less consideration.

I hate you because you're usually right, and you know it, and so when you're wrong it's absolutely impossible to convince you of it.

Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Feed us the new evidence and stop arguing. If you're right, you win. An INTP just needs to retreat to consider it in private. Later we'll be the first to admit we were wrong, but will probably bore you with new probabilities based on your evidence. It's what we like about INTJs - they're the ones that feed us new outlooks and data, knowing it will be absorbed for later consideration.

At least INTJs are the only ones I've found that do this with us. They seem to know that once the information is presented, an INTP is only ignoring the evidence until later when it can be evaluated at leisure, and later will likely bring back interesting observations, based on the data presented, for the INTJ to enjoy. Other types want to argue the point before we've had the opportunity to evaluate the possibilities, and yes, that can bring out our most negative traits. Worst are those types that enjoy the argument more than they understand the meaning of their opinion - often they're just passing along something they've heard and the validity of their opinion has no supporting arguments. They might be right, but their entire argument is based on nothing more than a parroting of what they remember hearing (often the bits that would convince us are the parts they glossed over or can't remember.)

That turns us into something others shouldn't have to witness.

They miss thread context.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't hate anyone either!

*moves to Paris and considers admitting his "I" is probably an E*

Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs? :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Aww c'mon. There must be a ton of INTP traits you loathe. That doesn't mean you hate INTPs. What's that line? Hate the sin, but not the sinner.

If it helps, what do you dislike about INTPs? :D

I don't really possess loathing or hate, but I guess I'll go for dislike.

Here we go.

I dislike the INTP trait of being flaky and withdrawn - at times it comes across as selfish. I include myself in this.