• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread

INTPPolly

MBTI Type
INTP
From a complete MBTI perspective this is why I think some other types dislike me:
ESFJ - They are really really needy and I just don't have the energy to fulfill their needs. I understand them but don't think they can understand me so it leaves the responsibility of the relationship and getting along mostly in my hands...a person with limited social abilities.
ESFP - They just see the "clique" doesn't fancy me as much so follow the crowd.
ESTP - They think I'm a party pooper
ESTJ - They think I'm irresponsible
ISFJ - They are needy but don't admit it. I often offend them without meaning to but I never know because they won't express it.
ISFP - I don't know many of this type that I'm aware of
ISTJ - Many try too hard to be INTJs and I see through the facade. I'm not rude enough to tell them my observations so they just sense I dislike them when its their insecurity I dislike.
ISTP - They just don't get me, I think their harmless though and I'm likely not on their radar.
ENFP - I find many of them attention seekers and self-centred. They will eventually tick me off to the point I become honest. Then to them I'm evil.

The types I get along with best who love me for who I am:
Other INTPs - get us going and you will hear the funniest, most wittiest and interesting banter you've ever heard.
INFJs are fascinated by me but keep trying to teach me and I'm more of a self-teacher so there is sometimes conflict but overall we get along
INTJs - They like me when they get to know me and stop trying to think I'm them. I don't have some of their abilities and they lack some of mine. This can be a mutually respectful relationship
ENTJs - I respect them and am not as easily offended by some of their behaviors as others.

As you can probably get I score very low on my sensing side. I can be outgoing and charming though but there is always a slight reserve because sensors can be very harsh on me. I try not to get too close to them because inevitably I will get burned. They will use my lack of sensing skills as ammo against me and I look like a prick if I point out their lack of intuitive abilities. I still attract them initially though because I'm very funny and have awesome sense of humour. They see my distance as snobbery but its actually more self-preservation because I know they will eventually burn me....they just don't know it yet.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From a complete MBTI perspective this is why I think some other types dislike me:
ESFJ - They are really really needy and I just don't have the energy to fulfill their needs. I understand them but don't think they can understand me so it leaves the responsibility of the relationship and getting along mostly in my hands...a person with limited social abilities.
ESFP - They just see the "clique" doesn't fancy me as much so follow the crowd.
ESTP - They think I'm a party pooper
ESTJ - They think I'm irresponsible
ISFJ - They are needy but don't admit it. I often offend them without meaning to but I never know because they won't express it.
ISFP - I don't know many of this type that I'm aware of
ISTJ - Many try too hard to be INTJs and I see through the facade. I'm not rude enough to tell them my observations so they just sense I dislike them when its their insecurity I dislike.
ISTP - They just don't get me, I think their harmless though and I'm likely not on their radar.
ENFP - I find many of them attention seekers and self-centred. They will eventually tick me off to the point I become honest. Then to them I'm evil.

The types I get along with best who love me for who I am:
Other INTPs - get us going and you will hear the funniest, most wittiest and interesting banter you've ever heard.
INFJs are fascinated by me but keep trying to teach me and I'm more of a self-teacher so there is sometimes conflict but overall we get along
INTJs - They like me when they get to know me and stop trying to think I'm them. I don't have some of their abilities and they lack some of mine. This can be a mutually respectful relationship
ENTJs - I respect them and am not as easily offended by some of their behaviors as others.

As you can probably get I score very low on my sensing side. I can be outgoing and charming though but there is always a slight reserve because sensors can be very harsh on me. I try not to get too close to them because inevitably I will get burned. They will use my lack of sensing skills as ammo against me and I look like a prick if I point out their lack of intuitive abilities. I still attract them initially though because I'm very funny and have awesome sense of humour. They see my distance as snobbery but its actually more self-preservation because I know they will eventually burn me....they just don't know it yet.

GREAT FIRST POST!

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ ;) who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.

So says the type who are human robots, eh?

I'm an INTP, and I know what i'm doing tomorrow evening (eh, preparing for work on Monday?) and I have been considered for promotions at work, and am considered arguably the best employee in my unit.

But yes, INTJs can't accept that logic is not everything haha.. as I said, human robots...

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm, where do I start?

OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live.

I've never met such a bunch of under achievers! I can't fault your knowledge or your logical reasoning, but why not try doing something useful with it? Knowledge is not an end in itself it's a tool to be used to solve real world problems don't you get it?

No one really cares how much you know or don't know. You may be lucky and have a superb manager such as an INTJ ;) who will recognise your talents and tap into them to get a good solution, but more often than not you'll be overlooked for promotions because you appear to be lazy, indecisive, overly critical and argumentative, and frankly they'd rather be around someone they can have an enjoyable conversation with.

As for managing people:I almost split my sides laughing when I saw that someone had started a thread on INTP management. You can hardly manage yourselves never mind anyone else. You may have an understanding of astro-physics and be able to prove that x billion years into the future the universe will cease expanding and will reach a point of equilibrium, but you have a very tenuous grasp of what you'll be doing tomorrow evening (or possibly this evening).

In summary, INTP: a waste of a life.

So says the type who are human robots, eh?

I'm an INTP, and I know what i'm doing tomorrow evening (eh, preparing for work on Monday?) and I have been considered for promotions at work, and am considered arguably the best employee in my unit. And knowledge for knowledge sake is an application. People can learn things for pleasure, though you don't get/understand emotions, do you?

But yes, INTJs can't accept that logic is not everything haha.. as I said, human robots...

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
"OK, I've wasted half a life time listening to INTPs drone on about a topic they're interested in. The thing is, it's quite often stuff that I'm also interested in, but by the time they've finished they're extended monologue I feel I've almost lost the will to live."

this is our frustration when someone asks something that can be answered with multiple answers, forcing us to clarify what you meant, in order to give you the response that you have demanded from us.

what the INTP understands: why would someone want to continually seek out moments where they need clarifying? logical conclusion: they are not ......

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
and another point,

we are not lazy or procrastinators, we are patiently waiting for every other type to conclude its own demise, while it is busy actually physically doing it. our interest lies in whether the other types will realise what they are doing, before they actually do it. but to prove how sure we are that they won't, we actually feel confidant in doing nothing, and yet are still able to realise that by doing nothing, we are actually doing everything we need to be doing.

once you lot are gone, we can then get busy "doing" the work that has to be done, in order to make the world a better place, after we get over the fact that we have already done it...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and another point,

we are not lazy or procrastinators, we are patiently waiting for every other type to conclude its own demise, while it is busy actually physically doing it.

I can't speak for you, but I think I am actually really lazy. I'm working on that, though. Laziness is the boss I need to fight in order to reach the next level.

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
don't worry, once you realise your already at the level your meant to be, you'll be able to fully embrace your laziness, as you will have found a way to logically accept it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
don't worry, once you realise your already at the level your meant to be, you'll be able to fully embrace your laziness, as you will have found a way to logically accept it.

Meant to be? By what or whom? I don't need self-acceptance, at this point, and it gets kind of tiresome to hear that. As though behavior and personal efforts don't count for anything, and don't impact anything, least of all yourself. Nothing I have observed suggests that this is the case.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in your early twenties?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inferior Fe Bitchassness

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Ti-Si loop you guys get stuck in..is exhausting.

I love you but when you get stuck in that whiney mode, I wanna ram your face through a wall. I need NFJ coaching in dealing with this properly :doh:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But the thing is, NFPs whine too. "You don't know how hard I have it!"

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But the thing is, NFPs whine too. "You don't know how hard I have it!"

*taps the title of the thread* :coffee:

I won't argue we don't. It's just that the non-stop need to be sulky, whiny and negative is exhausting. It's like being bled of your life energy. In contrast, I think NFPs probably give off too much unwanted energy for most people to take :thinking:

And I did say I needed coaching on how to best approach that and yank an NTP out of that...or advise on how to let him stew in that cycle till he's done without him spiralling further down, somehow. @any NFJs?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What cycle? Explain the cycle. If NFPS truly had that boundless positive energy, they shouldn't need anyone's help to sustain that.

W

WALMART

Presume Ti is akin to something like an infinite improbability drive.

Then Si something like your WWII vet granddad.

Voila, Ti/Si looping.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What cycle? Explain the cycle. If NFPS truly had that boundless positive energy, they shouldn't need anyone's help to sustain that.

Who ever claimed that? We're humans, not walking affinity batteries, m'dear. And NFjs from what I can tell are better at regulating the frequency and tone down the intensity to be consistent, whereas NFPs tend to be sporadic wells of overabundance. Once I'm tapped out, I'm tapped out and need time away to recharge. I'm not your fucking walking energy reserve.

And I'm talking about the Ti-Si loop/cycle. Its the whole dwelling on the past, overanalysing it like mad, and letting it drag you to the brink of depression because of the vicious circle of negativity that it triggers.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who ever claimed that? We're humans, not walking affinity batteries, m'dear. And NFjs from what I can tell are better at regulating the frequency and tone down the intensity to be consistent, whereas NFPs tend to be sporadic wells of overabundance. Once I'm tapped out, I'm tapped out and need time away to recharge. I'm not your fucking walking energy reserve.

Did the theoretical INTP ever ask you to be that energy reserve? (And I actually, personally speaking, got less irritated once your tone started being less angry.)

And I'm talking about the Ti-Si loop/cycle. Its the whole dwelling on the past, overanalysing it like mad, and letting it drag you to the brink of depression because of the vicious circle of negativity that it triggers.

What if what the theoretical INTP in question was upset about was someone complaining about constant negativity while acting like everything was fine, previously, and being that well of abundance? It might be advisable to try a different approach with your theoretical INTP.

Telling the theoretical INTP not to worry is also not advisable. Instead, suggest a distraction. That has the same effect, but that provides the steps for getting there.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did the theoretical INTP ever ask you to be that energy reserve?

What if what the theoretical INTP in question was upset about was someone complaining about constant negativity while acting like everything was fine, previously, and being that well of abundance? It might be advisable to try a different approach with your theoretical INTP.

*rubs temples*
*regrets doing what the OP asked for*

Stop assuming. For the love of god. I take emotional responsibility for my actions which means that when I consciously decide to let an INTP be an emotional vampire and live on my energy, I don't whine, bitch or guilt trip him for it. In fact, I feel guilty when I detach in a moment of self-preservation to give myself a second to recharge. And I willingly go back, because I decided I wanted to do this.

All I did was vent and ask for advice on a particular thing I aint sure Im handling correctly, in a thread that asked for the thing that bugs you about this breed. Plz go assume elsewhere.